front lowering ?????

1bad06

Registered
i have looked at all that is avalible for lowering the front of my busa. i would like some input on what people have personally found with each kind of lowering kits on there bikes?

i have a 06 busa with a 2" drop in the rear, yet can be dropped to 4". i am a straight line runner, not much into twistys. but i do some fun rides once and a while.

just looking to see what is the perfered kit out there? longevity and safety also?

thxs jeff

Welcome to the oRg Jeff. I dont know that I have seen a 4 inch drop in the rear. My tire rubbed with a 2 inch drop. Hang on, there will be others that will chime in and point you in the right direction.
beerchug.gif

Either will work fine.
The Reaper risers are very inexpensive and to date, I have never heard of a failure.
I prefer the complete upper triple tree.
That's just a personal preference.
Depends on your budget too.

I'm down 2" in the rear and 1 1/4 up front. I used reaper risers. I haven't changed anything else, but the bike stands up somewhat straight which means I have to carefully park her and the choke is affected by turning the front wheel hard and when locking the front wheel to the left the brake lever is operated slightly and the reservoir hits the windscreen. But it's a heck of a lot cheaper than a triple tree.

With a rider my belly pan scrubs now and then and without if I'm cornering hard it will.

i have a tripple tree laying around if you want it pm me will let it go cause i have no need for it anymore

it was on for about 2 months and taken off

I've had both reaper risers & triple with no trouble other than the triple looks way better but cost more.

i don't mind spending the $, when it a worth it.

i like the look of the triple tree setup, yet it claims only a 1" drop? will it go more?

where is the info on the reapers risers? haven't seen anything about them.

droping 4" you might hit yor front fender alot ! I keep mine at 1 1/4 with reapers risers and strap it fo rthe strip . Talk to or PM Goldenchild about getting race cut forks !

Welcome to the oRg Jeff. I dont know that I have seen a 4 inch drop in the rear. My tire rubbed with a 2 inch drop. Hang on, there will be others that will chime in and point you in the right direction.  
beerchug.gif
the lowering links came with the stock, 2", 4" lowering holes? haven't tried the 4" setting yet, still wanting to get the front end down first and see how it looks.

with the triple you can slam it.its just recomended you dont go lower than an inch for clearance & safety.

i was an inch and a quarter in the front i have a few sets of dog bones too i liked the tripple tree look it works weel and worth the money

cool! this is what i was looking for.
hello.gif

thanks for the info guys, easier to trust people that have used something then a saleman!

looks like i'm getting the triple tree setup.

thxs jeff

I'm down 2" in the rear and 1 1/4 up front. I used reaper risers. I haven't changed anything else, but the bike stands up somewhat straight which means I have to carefully park her and the choke is affected by turning the front wheel hard and when locking the front wheel to the left the brake lever is operated slightly and the reservoir hits the windscreen. But it's a heck of a lot cheaper than a triple tree.

With a rider my belly pan scrubs now and then and without if I'm cornering hard it will.
We can fix your fast idle and reservoir woes at the Bash.

just look funny with the bars extended up there!
I agree!

Thats why I went with the Genmar riser.

I lowered mine an 1 1/4" and love the profile, while the cockpit view looks stock and tidy.

You really have to look to notice.

About $150.00
Includes all the hardware and perfect step by step inst.

thumb_up.gif

Back