Chrome Bar Ends

Trickplay461

Registered
Hi peeps...

Real Newb here and didnt know exactly where to post..got an 09 Busa White and I'm starting with the light stuff first. Just ordered some chrome Kanji bar ends and I'm not sure how to install them. Got the left one on just fine but when I installed the right one I had a problem with the throttle. When I tighten down the bar end it also tightens the throttle and makes it stick. help plse. I'm sure this can't be that complicated.

I also bought the chrome key cover and I was wondering...do I have to remove the 4 bolts that hold the handle bars down to install it? I dont know how else I will get access......thanks alot for all the replies.:banghead:

Wish I could help you, Gen I rider here, But dont you worry someone will be here soon to answer your questions

and :welcome: to the ORG

Post a picture of it for us to see. Welcome to the oRg! You might need a spacer to keep the bar end off of the grip. Is it hitting the grip or throttle sleeve?

Thank you all for the welcome! Sure nice to see responsive forums members...will do my part when I know what the heck I'm talking about, lmao. Here is a pic without the chrome end and with it on loosely....

No End.jpg

Chrome end.jpg

Try sliding the grip up on the throttle sleeve away from the bar end. It will take a little pressure, just dont twist it too much. It looks like in the picture it only needs a smidgen of clearance. Either that, or add very thin washer between the bar end and bar. But I you shouldnt need it.

Last edited:
Thanks alot! I tried the first method but it wasnt flying....I finally dug around in my toolbox and found this small washer....and problem solved. The Bar end doesnt sit up tight against the throttle but it still looks good :bowdown:

washer.jpg

Awesome, just make sure its tight so you dont lose it. Glad you got it fixed.

I have never taken the key cylinder apart. Are you sure it doesnt slide over the existing piece. I know there are several folks with that part, they will chime in. Bring it over and lets look at it. :laugh:

Was wondering should this even be a separate thread? ....the key cover is bolted on with two bolts from below....I have the key cover in chrome with two allen head bolts....dont know how to get in there without removing the handlebars....

I cant find a diagram, here is the part number if someone can find the micro fich, 37100-15H30.

Welcome to the .oRg....
It might be helpful, use the search option above for research/answers.

I got the exact bar ends and have the same issue. At first I was concerned about the throttle sticking, but now I actually love it especially on the highway...... it's like having a cruise control. I don't know how much yours was sticking, but mine is just enough to hold the throttle and a quick tap brings it forward (closed).

Yeah mine were exactly the same situation. Since its not designed that way I would not feel safe using it in that manner. On top of that I tried doing that in neutral in my driveway and instead of holding the rpms steady she would rev suddenly. Try using the washer...it cleared the problem right up. It does not sit flush like it does on the other side but looks more like a design consideration since the throttle needs room. How else can I look at it,lol? It still looks good.:sly:

Not sure I'm gonna sell them but I'll keep it in mind. I read on Pashnit's website that the bar ends are supposed to be heavy (like the stock ones) to reduce vibration to the hands when riding. I didnt know this (if its true) and I havent really put any miles on my new bar ends (which are not as heavy) so I'm gonna wait and see how it pans out.

Not sure I'm gonna sell them but I'll keep it in mind. I read on Pashnit's website that the bar ends are supposed to be heavy (like the stock ones) to reduce vibration to the hands when riding. I didnt know this (if its true) and I havent really put any miles on my new bar ends (which are not as heavy) so I'm gonna wait and see how it pans out.

Believe it bro...it's true. I took the bar ends off of my GSX-R 1100 back in 1994 (did I just show my advanced age??) It only took one day before they were back on. My hands are still a little numb!

My original bar ends were slightly scratched ( well th e left hand side one was) so I replaced them with items off ebay - one ride and the old ones were back on again! Vibration was one issue - the new ones were less than half the weight and I detected more oscillation through the bars in the tight and fast corners. The weight has to be there for a reason and I think that they are an essential part of the steering geometry. I will be paying full Suzuki price for a new one - well worth the money after all!

There are 2 small bolts holding the ignition switch cover on. If you remove the windshield, you will have plenty of access to them without having to take anything else off. You do not have to remove anything on the triple tree top clamp or the bars.

The original bar ends were designed with the right weight to dampen out the majority of the harmonic vibration frequencies. Putting on smaller, lighter bars ends is not a good idea unless you are interested in looks only. A better idea to ensure you don't lose the riding comfort is to find or have the stock bars ends plated and polished

Back