So Tell Me About Suzuki Crusiers...M109s?

The M109R is a very nice bike. I very seriously considered one, but their issue with breaking clutch cables turned me away.

Yes, I have an `03 V-rod, Love it to death as well. Good bike, and havn`t had any trouble, 23,000+mi and it aways puts a smile on my face.

DSCF0019.jpg

You coming to Cali again soon?

Tell a brotha bro!

When and where?
Bubba

Thought Scar was covering the announcements but

I land SD 6/25 sometime in the evening and will fly out to vegas on 6/27 around 9ish am. Soooo will have a rental (caddie I think) and all day Sat 6/26 :thumbsup: :cool:

I've not really got an itinerary yet, so suggestions?

Just spent a weekend with the M109 boys in Arkansas. They are some great looking bikes.:thumbsup: I have a VTX1800 F model that I like alot. Can't believe how well it handles. Here is a shot of Don breaking in the tires in Eureka Springs. I sure miss that man.

DSC_7168web.jpg

that m109 is a powerful bike and I like the way it looks if I could afford 2 bikes the busa would be sitting next to that m 109

I dont know if they still make them ,but the intruder 1400 was a nice looking bike,,reminded me of a sportster,,but I bought my busa,,I almost went for the 1500 intruder cruser,,sweet ,floor pans,big saddle seat and a nice rear seat for the wife,,

The 109 is a great bike and pulls like a tractor. I've had this one since 06 but getting ready to trade it for a Busa if I can.

picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=2610.jpg

picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=2947.jpg

Last time I seen you, you were in Daytona with a Valkyrie. I still have mine , I quess you dont have it anymore??

with the new "sale" price on the Victory bikes, would are the thoughts between one of those comparable models to say the VTX or 109R?

I've also been toying with a purchase from the darkside(HD) but evaluating all options

I have owned 2 Victory's. They Great bikes, Well built and they don't look like they are trying to Clone the HD. The model that compares closest tot he 109 s the Victory Hammer. The down side to Victory and all of the Metric Crusiers is that the After Market is kind of Shalllow.
While I am not attempting to slam any brand, I personally don't see the value in any of the HD products that warrant their price

The M109R is a very nice bike. I very seriously considered one, but their issue with breaking clutch cables turned me away.

Anyone considering a M109 should go and lurk around on the M109 forum.

These kind of posts are all over the place:

"Hi all, i have recently bought a 2007 M109R.
The clutch action in first is awfull, at anything above idle it feels like it is trying to hop along and makes you look like a complete idiot."

"MY cluch just went out on my bike. THe cable still has pressure on it but its just not working any ideas "

"I haven't been on since last summer. Anything new on the clutch shudder problem? I did a search but didn't seen anything definitive.Thanks for any advice. "

"I had a breakdown, still not sure whats wrong. Just topped out on a hill, heading down the other side, no warning, and I had a hellish noise come from underneath me, and no power. Gave it some gas, and the noise got worse. Seems like I still have a clutch, but the bike wont move, in any gear. Just makes a horrible grinding sound. I did have a problem with my '06, this is the '07. The spline let go on the drive shaft of the '06, and this sounds similar, but a bit different. I'm hoping is it the front drive shaft, or u joint. Anybdoy else run into this? Is it hard to take the drive shaft apart? -thanks guys"

The clutch action in first is awfull, at anything above idle it feels like it is trying to hop along and makes you look like a complete idiot."

"MY cluch just went out on my bike. THe cable still has pressure on it but its just not working any ideas "

"I haven't been on since last summer. Anything new on the clutch shudder problem? I did a search but didn't seen anything definitive.Thanks for any advice. "

"I had a breakdown, still not sure whats wrong. Just topped out on a hill, heading down the other side, no warning, and I had a hellish noise come from underneath me, and no power. Gave it some gas, and the noise got worse. Seems like I still have a clutch, but the bike wont move, in any gear. Just makes a horrible grinding sound. I did have a problem with my '06, this is the '07. The spline let go on the drive shaft of the '06, and this sounds similar, but a bit different. I'm hoping is it the front drive shaft, or u joint. Anybdoy else run into this? Is it hard to take the drive shaft apart? -thanks guys"

Where did you get these posts? I have a 2006 m109r with 24,230 miles on it with no problems and I'm on those 109 forums. <whats up Djx>
bike015.jpg

Go on the Suzuki B-King forum as many guys sold thier 109s for BKings. Said they all had lemons...... They are very down on the 109s.

For an all day powerful cruiser, look at the Star Roadliner. 113 cu. in. 96 hp and 114 ft. lb. , stock. Add a V&H 2-1 pipe and a pc3 and they are amazing. The single most comfortable cruiser I have ever had. Pick one up used and save a bundle. They are also available as the Stratoliner, which is fully dressed and chromed. Very nice machine. Very powerful.

So you are saying the busa does not have any issues? Any forum you visit about a bike or car or truck, there will be posts about issues that more than one person has had. And for every person crying about some issue, there are 10 more that have never had any issues, but you never see a post saying,..â€￾ I have no issues with my bike todayâ€￾. I have a 07LE and have never had an issue.

2kool & FireFighter wazzup!

2K PM me your email and cell

FF i know your number its posted on every bathroom wall :poke::laugh:

That is because I put out on the first date. And it does not have to be steak dinner, throw a burger down my thought and it is on baby. Plus you don’t have to hold my ears; I know what I am doing.

Back