California Riders

hey, i know that GPS
cool.gif

Holy History Batboob!

If ANY of ya'll lived here you would be just as "fast" or faster.
Jester came here from TX and after two days on the Crest, his chicken strips were gone! JWCFBD came here and at the end of the FIRST day, chicken strips, Gone!
We're lucky enough to live in a place that has great roads and tracks that we can ride almost all year. I have the road below 10 min away from my house. It has 112 turns in 12 miles. I rode it 6 days in a row just to see if I could. It's all about the availability of places to practice.

Sandy_Hairpin.jpg

Holy History Batboob!

If ANY of ya'll lived here you would be just as "fast" or faster.
Jester came here from TX and after two days on the Crest, his chicken strips were gone! JWCFBD came here and at the end of the FIRST day, chicken strips, Gone!
We're lucky enough to live in a place that has great roads and tracks that we can ride almost all year. I have the road below 10 min away from my house. It has 112 turns in 12 miles. I rode it 6 days in a row just to see if I could. It's all about the availability of places to practice.
post-19-88156-sandy_hairpin.jpg

awesome pic Owen! This is total screensaver wallpaper quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am new to this forum so I really don't want to PI$$ anyone off. I am a 53 year old kid who came home from a short ride today and did a block long wheelie for my older neighbors. I raced "Down Hill Mountain bikes" till I was 50. So ya I like to twist it up now and again. I guess I am a adrenalin junkie like these younger California kids. (I think its the water.):laugh:
Born and raised in California
Steve

Last edited:
I am new to this forum so I really don't want to PI$$ anyone off. I am a 53 year old kid who came home from a short ride today and did a block long wheelie for my older neighbors. I raced "Down Hill Mountain bikes" till I was 50. So ya I like to twist it up now and again. I guess I am a adrenalin junkie like these younger California kids. (I think its the water.):laugh:
Born and raised in California
Steve

and you should ride with us if your near our end of the state, were all 40's, 50's and i wont say which one of us is over 60 (Sir Ray of Dogville) :beerchug:

Hey OZZ
I am in the Los Banos in the Central Valley between Fresno and San Jose. A ride would be cool!
Steve

Steve, I used to know a guy called Honda Steve that would be about your age...??? Had a custom Honda CB750 SOHC chopper. I'm in San Jose and you're really in the middle of the flatlands out there. Ever ridden 25 west from you? Take 152 to 156 into Hollister and then south. Connects again at 198. Been trying to get Ozz and the boys to come down but the days are so short during winter (and cold/wet sometimes) they'll probably wait till spring or summer. I frequently ride 25 and the Santa Cruz Mts and hiway 1. This weekend looks to have good riding weather around here though, 60s and sunny.

Steve, I used to know a guy called Honda Steve that would be about your age...??? Had a custom Honda CB750 SOHC chopper. I'm in San Jose and you're really in the middle of the flatlands out there. Ever ridden 25 west from you? Take 152 to 156 into Hollister and then south. Connects again at 198. Been trying to get Ozz and the boys to come down but the days are so short during winter (and cold/wet sometimes) they'll probably wait till spring or summer. I frequently ride 25 and the Santa Cruz Mts and hiway 1. This weekend looks to have good riding weather around here though, 60s and sunny.

Are you trying to get a ride together Terry ?

will take ya up on that Terry we still havent gone over that way, your right as soon as the days have more light lets hit some of those great roads you have like down by the coast...lets see some pics, besides, this thread is about why california has the best riders so lets see more best road pics:beerchug:

Last edited:
lets see some pics, besides, this thread is about why california has the best riders so lets see more best road pics:beerchug:

You rang? :lol:

SoCal's Hwy 33 above Ojai (before I swapped over to silver rims)
displayimage.php

Got Speed Triple?
displayimage.php

Carmel Valley Rd near Monterey
displayimage.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Hill Rd in the Sierra Nevada Foothills. In the distance is Sonora.
displayimage.php

Everyone I meet gets a Pashnit Roads sticker. :lol: This was a couple from Australia we met.
displayimage.php

Hwy 4 - Ebbetts Pass The local wildlife in the Sierra Nevada. :laugh:
displayimage.php

Lunch. The Roadhouse along Wentworth Springs Rd.
displayimage.php

Hwy 88 - Carson Pass in the Sierra Nevada
displayimage.php

Hwy 89 - Monitor Pass One of the most scenic mountain passes in all the Sierra.
displayimage.php

Back