THINKER'S New Mods 3

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
OK, I have always hated those ugly gapping holes in the frame of bikes. Kent called them pukkas. Previously, I had the Home Depot solution going, but now I have an Chrome Axle and Frame beautification kit. It was spendy, but very nice.

Hole_Plugs.JPG

Here is the plug for the front axle. I am waiting for my chrome wheels before I install the rear plugs.

Front_Axle.JPG

I like the chrome but it looks like they stick out to far...Where did you get them...Do they like snap in...
evil.gif

They do not stick out too far...must be the angle. The holes go all the way thru, so 2 threaded pieces screw to a rod and that's it. On the rear, you have to replace those big square things around the axle with chrome pieces, so it will take a little more effort.

looks great
how spendy were they?
$240 for all ten chrome pieces.
DAMN!  Did they kiss you first?

I like the way they look, but I guess I'll be doing the Home Depot thing.  Too rich for my blood.
Getting chrome stuff is spendy indeed. I have to share it with you guys cause I get so much in return. but in actuality, I hope that few people buy them. I like being unique.

By next year, I want to have a show quality bike that actually gets ridden all the freakn time. Of course if they introduce a new re-designed Busa, I might have to liquidate and start over.

what is the home depot method... sorry for showing how new I am but I am open for all suggestions... thanks

Thinker62's first solution was to go to HD to buy those metal plugs. They're in the nuts/bolts section, usually in the plastic drawers. If you do a search for Thinker's original post, it should describe it.

Caps look sweet!

I hear you Thinker, I too like to be unique but you have done so much to your bike it is hard for me to come up with mods that you have not already done!

You might be interested in knowing that I have just ordered a few yards of carbon fiber material, rosin and tools to be able to make my own CF stuff. If you or anyone in the FTR’s need anything in CF I might be able to do it. I did not see any CF on your bike but figured with you always searching for the trick stuff you may want something in the future.

Back