Got my new busa!!

fasteddieboy

Registered
For those who don't know, I wrecked my 02 busa and ins paid me $7900 with my extras coverage. I picked up this 2000 with 09 tail, 240 kit, bored out to be a 1500 so I was told. Still not sure on that. I picked her up for 7k. I'm just not sure what I got myself into! The plastics are in ok condition custom painted. looks better in pics than up close. A couple tabs are broken and a hair crack on side of nose fairing, crack on lower right side fairing right at the bottom. Chain is way over-tightened and I think it's because he was trying to keep it off the frame. I've been reading about notching the frame and it kind of looks like somebody may have already attempted this but could just be what the chain already wore down. Also the seat is just sitting on there because it's the 09 seat im not quite sure how to mount it, any ideas from people who have done this swap? I need 2 new tires also. Chrome everything, polished frame, What do you guys think, did I get a good deal or should I regret this purchase. She does run great!

new busa.jpg

Rims, 240 kit and that full yosh exhaust system alone has to be $4000-5000 alone. Providing she runs well, which you say it does...you can always fix the plastics down the road, as long as they aren't hindering performance or safety, sounds like a fine deal to me. Sucks you need all new socks, that 240 is going to hurt.

Have fun with her!

Weisco I think has a 1386 or so kit, who makes a 1500? Anyway with the parts on it, it seems like a good buy. Any Busa under 30k miles near me is $5k min. What's the milage on yours? And as always, more pics when u get them.

The seller told me he had it bored out to 1500, but I'll have to get that checked out. I havent really got on it yet to feel any difference but the 2mile ride home, I couldn't feel much different than my 02 busa. Mileage is 22k, but supposed to only be 6k on the motor....

If you are satisfied, you got a good deal. Sounds like you are having buyer's remorse. You are listing all that is wrong with the bike instead of what is great. The bike does look good.

looks good to me just take your time and check everything out before getting out there and hammering down glad to see you are getting back on the beast

I wouldn't say buyers remorse. I just don't know anything about these 240 kits and I'm just a little scared hoping everything was done right.

If it's been bored and stroked it's a 1397 or 1441. Sounds like bs from the seller, and you can't bore each cylinder 50cc's, but as long as it runs well it doesn't matter.

well, personally im not into chrome on bikes, but its still a mean looking machine... get the tail painted to match the grey on the front or the grey black to match the tail and it would look deadly(er) nice bike:thumbsup:

well, personally im not into chrome on bikes, but its still a mean looking machine... get the tail painted to match the grey on the front or the grey black to match the tail and it would look deadly(er) nice bike:thumbsup:

+1, go all black. Something about an all black and chrome bike just screams sexy.

Back