Carry Conceal on Campus?

Carry Conceal on Campus? - Oklahoma might just open the door!

• Students and Staff should be allowed to carry with permit.

Votes: 44 100.0%

• Total voters
with the time, background checks, and shooting/education you have to go thru to obtain your CHL, I have no problem with this!

"Guns don't kill people.....PEOPLE kill people!"

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IN TEXAS FIRST
thumb_up.gif

beerchug.gif

They need to do something but just what and see what Clinton and Obama have to say about us gun tokers in the near future and see what they will try to do
lurk.gif

I have a concealed carry. I'm not suppose to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol, etc. etc. etc.

Man the world has turned NUTS!

Get a permit, be ready, anything goes anymore. Hate to promote breaking the law, if I were a Colledge Student I think I would have a piece in my bookbag, permit or not.

I would hate to die like a fish in a barrel. Just like the old west anymore
guns.gif

just my  
2cents.gif

Although the thought of either an eighty year old professor or 21 year old student pulling a gun and returning fire can be frightening..
guns.gif

I am pro conceal carry but think this might be opening a door that might not be good. I did not read the article but handguns on school grounds no matter what level they are (ie High School, or college) could lead to bad things. I do believe how ever that police officers should be allowed to carry though if they are not then how the hell are they going to do their JOBS?

Has anyone ever entered a Police Station(or similar),to go on a shooting rampage? Seems like knowing people are armed would be a deterrant to most nuts, am I correct?
dunno.gif

Any examples, OOPs never mind if this is Threadjack
hijack.gif

with the time, background checks, and shooting/education you have to go thru to obtain your CHL, I have no problem with this!

"Guns don't kill people.....PEOPLE kill people!"
+1 i think anyone with a CC permit should be allowed to carry almost anywhere (other than into a jail, courthouse, etc.)...do you think the criminals check their guns at the door when they walk into a bar or onto a college campus? yeah, right! why should i have to check mine?

Has anyone ever entered a Police Station(or similar),to go on a shooting rampage? Seems like knowing people are armed would be a deterrant to most nuts, am I correct?
dunno.gif

Any examples, OOPs never mind if this is Threadjack
hijack.gif
Yeah they have, they just don't make it very far. Suicide Via Cop is a very popular thing.

Oh and this dude had some success...

10229354A_Terminator_2_Judgement_Day_Posters.jpg

I'm waiting on my CCW as I type this. It should be through the system in a few weeks. I'm all for it as long as they pass the CCW license check.

CC here too....
beerchug.gif

I would just as soon leave the house naked way before leaving without my friend Smith/Wesson!
guns.gif

I don't think it would really bother me...you're not putting guns in the hands of those that will kill for the thrill, and you'll never keep the guns out of the hands of those that want nothing more than their 15 minutes of fame in a blaze of bullets...

College Campuses... most ppl are over 18.. old enough to die for our nation.. old enough to carry a weapon. Go through the right paths, pass the right tests/ checks and Sure you can carry a weapon.

As a TEACHER I wish I had more than a telephone to defend me.

I think just the thought that ppl COULD be carrying a weeapon could deter some criminals... except for the REAL LOONIES who are going to just kill themselves anyways.... or be considered a martyr.

One of the kids who got shot at VT is speaking out against CCW on campus, claiming that he doesn't understand why people always "feel the need to defend themselves from everything"
pillepalle.gif

Maybe if he had a more aware attitude he wouldn't have gotten shot in the first place!

I love having my CHL here in Texas. The thing that bothers me is that those of us that take all the right steps to own & carry guns aren't the REAL people that need gun legislation. Criminals abide by no laws, pay no fees, take no classes, etc.

I try to carry most places cause you dayum sure can't be too careful nowadays.

One of the kids who got shot at VT is speaking out against CCW on campus, claiming that he doesn't understand why people always "feel the need to defend themselves from everything"  
pillepalle.gif

Maybe if he had a more aware attitude he wouldn't have gotten shot in the first place!
+1

You best believe if ONE reasonably minded individual in room that he shot up was carrying, the body count would have been far less.

I know here in Dallas area I've been hearing more and more news stories about the local "vigilante" who hears a rustle outside his window, or catches a perp comin thru the back sliding glass door and doesnt hesitate to put a few rounds thru the bastid.

Now i dont know about other campuses, but the college i attended was a private institution and NO ONE was allowed to carry on campus, nor was ALCOHOL allowed anywhere on campus.

I honestly believe if a college campus does allow alcohol, then the CCW idea should still be used, but with a stiffer screening process. But i still think it should be used.

Back