Switches...

Daddy Fatsac

Registered
First off...Hello.  Been awhile since I've been around...but I couldn't bare talking about my downed Hayabusa anylonger.  So I took a break from the boards.  

But now I'm back and it feels so good!!

Now to the topic at hand.  
wink.gif
  I got a HID light (sometimes goes out on starting the motor) and a second radiator fan (so I can have it running before it gets hot)...I'll need two switches for them.

The problem I'm having is where to find two decent type see-saw like switches that are water resistant or proof...or do they even need to be water proof?

If you know where I can buy...let me know.

<!--EDIT|Daddy Fatsac
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081252965 -->

Yep, heres my switch mod. RADIO SHACK blue single pole toggle switches. RUbber screw on caps. BOth $2.00 +/-.

Open switch harness and fit switch into place. Mark and drill small hole from exterior to interior. Solder some wire to it and run it along the wire harness wires. Mount and put harness back together. NEVER actually took it off the bike. Screw on the rubber cap which also secures switch into place.

FOR HID and FAN. USE A 12v car relay to keep the load off your switch. Email me for hook up instructions if needed. WHen done looks factory and it's at your thumbs.

JD

Mvc_052s.jpg

Looking at that setup I'm guessing you don't have a problem with water.  Now for the questions...

1.  Would a see-saw type switch not work?
2.  How tall is that switch?
3.  Would I be alright throwing that on the inside of the front fairing?

And OMG...I didn't know you can online shop at Radio Shack.  I'm in heaven now!

Do you think I'll be alright with this switch?  

http://www.radioshack.com/product....5%2D693

Is this the automotive relay you spoke of?

http://www.radioshack.com/product....5%2D226

If this is all...we can continue out talk through e-mail...because I'm going to have alot more questions to ask. *winks* Just forewarning you.

<!--EDIT|Daddy Fatsac
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081255661 -->

Be glad to answer any of your questions but PLEAZ dont *wink* @ me people might start ta talk.......
smile.gif

The first switch (black rocker) is about an 1½ in diameter it's Huge.

I would go for this one.
http://www.radioshack.com/product....275-324

it's about 1/8th thick and ¼ in tall. the rubber cap keeps all moisture out. The rest is inside the housing. I hot glue all my connections when done for extra protection/vribration resistance. The see-saw (rocker) switch will work fine. Actually any switch will. Mounting location is up to you and also works fine. Heres a different angle of the switch installed.

MVC_051S.JPG

I personally go to marine shops for bike switches. HD (that's heavy duty), water proof (salt water even!) vibration resistant stuff.

Super expensive! Like $ 12-18 for a 2 dollar switch. But hey, we spill more than that!
wink.gif

Hey my bad pimpin'!! That switch that you had the link to does it come with the rubber protector on it (hey keep it clean)?

Mikey...do you have any pics of your setup?

You got me just about sold on your setup though...even though I want to have the rocker setup...I just think the little knob would be better in the long run with the moisture and thangs...

bump...

I ain't finished on this yet...

Also Ice, I'm going to take you up on the installation information. If you can e-mail that to me it would be great.

Paging ICEMAN...Page ICEMAN...

I`m in need of the info pimpin`!! I don`t know how the relay works...I`d like to get these things ordered asap.

p.s. I`m on vacation in Osaka Japan...Land of the finest Japanese woman...oh my god!! Oh yeah..."`" that is the closest thing I could find on a Japanese computer that resembles our mark.

The sooner the reply the better pimpin` holla back!!

DF what info do you need
rock.gif
I've got the HID installation info if you need it...As well as the hook up info for the switched version... Emailmeand i will get it to you

Hey thanks for the help pimpin`. Just got the switches installed today at a shop out here in Mainland Japan. Thank goodness...I needed this bad boy long time... Glad you found what you was looking for as well!! Enjoy you switches bro.

Back