Oil change gone wrong

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
Daryl(Basscrazy) brought his bike over for me to do an oil change. I thought changing the oil was easier than this?
laugh.gif

Seriously though, i'm fixing a tranny problem on the 06' as it won't stay in first gear. So out the engine comes.

Here's the starting point. 06' Cranberry/black with only 3300miles on her. She's mint with the only mods being the D&D slip-ons.

Darylbusa1.JPG

Yamahor came over and tried to lend a helping hand. I kept telling him that wasn't the right way to change the sparkplugs but he didn't listen.
firedevil.gif

darylbusa5.JPG

My Busa's. That's my 06' turbo bike with no engine. It also is having trans work done to it. Don't give me crap about the tools on the floor, it's clean now.

darylbusa6.JPG

Looks good so far. You might want to get a lift... sure beats working on the ground. Its way mad easier to get motors in and out that way, hehe..:)

Doing any mods other than trans fix??..

Daryl's fixing the 06' cranberry and then selling the bike. Me on the other hand...... things have just started.

2 years ago and this would of been alittle more than i thought i could handle. I've been slowly pushing myself little by little at learning more and more. Anyone can do this if you have a manual, take your time, use a bunch of common sense and have a general understanding of how these engine's work.

It's beyond what I've ever done but frankly, I have more than enough confidence to tackle it nowadays. My only problem would be in knowing WHAT needs to be done, not in being able to do it once I know.

--Wag--

Bikes look horrible when they're all apart, but when you're done, the 06 will look and run like new. We always have 3 or 4 in various stages of disassembly usually the motors are out and stuf is all over.. but when they're back together all is good..:) good job mate..;)

I almost cried seeing that bike all split open
and on public display for all to see kindda
like one of those Doctor surgery shows
bump.gif

This is why I let the shop change the oil. First one bolt, then another. Pretty soon, pieces are everywhere, things are being bored and stroked, turbo parts appear...

Back