Took me more than a week but

00Busarider

Registered
Its amazing how long it can take to do some simple mods when you only have a few hours a day before work to get them done. I've had my Busa in pieces for over a week. I decided to do everything at once while I had the bike torn down. First I ordered most of my parts from www.motosport.com and some parts from board sponsors (Xenonking and Cyclebrakes).
Parts list:
McCoullogh High/Low beam 6k HID kit (Xenonking)
Galfer Braided Stainless Steel Blue coated brake and clutch lines (Cycle Brakes) Still to be installed
Hot Bodies Racing Hayabusa Undertail (motosport)
Clear Alternatives Clear front Signal Housings (motosport)
Data Tool Digital Gear Indicator (motosport)
E Marked Complete Arsend Number Plate Bracket & Led Indicator Kit w/ LED flasher relay (Cycle Gear)
DEI Light Bolts (Cycle Gear)
Electropods Blue LED Kit and quick connect station (Cycle Gear)
Blue Anodized Windshield Trim (Cycle Gear)
Carbon Fiber Tag Frame (Cycle Gear)
White Face Gauges downloaded and printed free from http://home.cfl.rr.com/redbusa/TheGauges/index.html

With the new post preview i will be nice and post pics of each mod in successive posts to this thread, 56k death awaits!

Is 56K that slow? Where's the pics? Don't keep us in suspense!
laugh.gif

First Mod: The HIDs. These are the mod I was looking forward to the most.
First the prep, the Busa in total pieces
DSCN1969.jpg

Component Mounting: Mounted the big boxes on top of the air ducts on either side and the small ones inside the front fairing. Looks like I forgot to take pics of that and I also have yet to take pics with the lights on since I have not done the burn in yet.
DSCN1974.jpg

DSCN1975.jpg

As you can see, I also took this opportunity to seal the air ducts to the frame with Silicone Sealant

Next, Clear Alternatives front signal housings. Also a mod I was looking forward to as I've always disliked the amber housings on my 2000.
DSCN1971.jpg

DSCN1972.jpg

DSCN1978.jpg

While I was at it I also pulled the air duct screens off and painted them blue with Duplicolor Metalcast paint
DSCN1979.jpg

Another "While I was at it Mod" I decided to take off the rear footpeg/ Exhaust brackets and paint those as well with the Duplicolor Metal cast paint.
DSCN1983.jpg

Onto the undertail. This took me the most time I think due to the addition of several auxiliary lights and a heck of alot of soldering. First the hack job on the stock rear fender.
DSCN1957.jpg

DSCN1968.jpg

Again, While I was at it, I decided to clean up the battery a bit and I installed a 4 fuse block from autozone, also a 12v acc outlet on a switch inside the trunk
DSCN1967.jpg

DSCN1989.jpg

Mock Up of the undertail
DSCN1961.jpg

Somebody order Sphaghetti?
DSCN1976.jpg

DSCN1977.jpg

the undertail with the plate bracket, light bolts, secondary signals and tail/brake lights installed
DSCN1981.jpg

Installed and buttoned up
DSCN2000.jpg

the windshield trim I bought on a lark, oddly, I really like the way it looks, just really seems to finish off the windshield
DSCN1995.jpg

DSCN1992.jpg

Now onto the white face gauges. As mentioned above, I stumbled onto the site that had them hosted and downloaded them. then printed them on glossy photo paper.
Install was a bit time consuming, but wnet pretty well.
DSCN1990.jpg

DSCN1996.jpg

DSCN1997.jpg

DSCN1998.jpg

gauges lit up, here you can also see where I mounted the digital gear indicator
DSCN2003.jpg

DSCN2002.jpg

thats about it for now I'm afraid, gotta go get ready for work and need to get some night time shots of the LEDs and the lights all lit up. Will do that tonight when I get home from work and post them later on this evening.

So whats everyone think?

Very nice,, whats next!  
beerchug.gif
well the Galfer SS lines are next for sure. Gonna do that on my next day off. I'm also gonna add a few more LEDs under the body. one more right up at the nose for sure, and if i can ever figre out a good way to do it i really want to put some down at the bottom under the body by the center stand. just can't figure out a good place to mount them or wire them. After that a new seat is definitely on the list, i can't take the stock seat much longer. then maybe some new footpegs, a hugger, etc.

Hmmmm i like the footpegs. I was gonna do mine black but i think you might of changed my mind. i think thoes would look nice with my candy blue high rise when ever in comes in.
beerchug.gif

Nice bike!
bowdown.gif

Rockin' the DIY mods and you took pictures for all of us. Nice!  
thumb_up.gif
those are the only kind of mods i do. I have a garage packed full of tools from basic stuff to a drill press, MIG and Plasma cutter. Been doing DIY stuff for years on my Jeep, so the bike is just another natural extension for me.

Gotta say I LOVE the HIDs!!!!!! Holy crap what a difference riding at night!! INCREDIBLE!!!
Hang tight, gonna go out to the garage and get some night pics of the bike all lit up in a few minutes.

Back