Shanandoah National Park

bmbusa

Donating Member
Registered
A friend and I went on a little bike trip this past week. Started from ohio and went first to Buena Vista,Va. Then we headed north on the Blue Ridge Parkway and into the Shanandoah National Park. We went alittle ways up into Pennsylvania to New York state line then headed back down through the Shanandoah forest and Blue Ridge again. Had a great time and met alot of interesting people. Here are some pics to enjoy.

HPIM0394.jpg

HPIM0394.jpg

HPIM0398.jpg

HPIM0399.jpg

HPIM0402.jpg

HPIM0400.jpg

HPIM0413.jpg

HPIM0417.jpg

HPIM0422.jpg

HPIM0425.jpg

HPIM0426.jpg

HPIM0394.jpg

Nice pics.
My grandfather lives 6 miles from the parkway in Virginia. I think you have just motivated me to pay him a visit.

The picture with the statues in them was taken at Gettysburg, Pa. where the battlefield was.

awsome pics
jump9.gif
how high are the Blue Ridge Mountains anyway? do you notice any difference in performance as you gain elevation?

(ozz @ Jun. 24 2007,02:flamethrowing:) awsome pics
jump9.gif
   how high are the Blue Ridge Mountains anyway?      do you notice any difference in performance as you gain elevation?
The highest elevation point in that area was around 3000 ft. I did not notice any problems with performance , but my freind on the 1986 BMW could not rev his motor over 4700 RPM, of course it was carburated. The Busa ran good the entire trip.

(bmbusa @ Jun. 23 2007,14:20)
HPIM0426.jpg
DUDE!!! IT'S GERTIES in Vesuvious!!! You were about 15 miles from me at that point... When you were on the parkway, you were about 5 miles from my front door... if that.

Back