Tuesday rideNor Cal

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Well myself (raydog) and Kento Moto finally hooked up for a great ride! We started in Chico, CA, met up with another group (called 530riders) and rode north into the Sierras, Mt. Lassen Nat Park. 12 hrs in the saddle for me! Great ride, pics follow.......
1st is Dani from 530riders, so fun to ride with a female that can ride!

mt_lassen_ride_6_19_07002.JPG

and finally Dani checking out a frozen lake at the summit of Mt. Lassen when...1/2 hour ago we were in 90 degree weather!

mt_lassen_ride_6_19_07009.JPG

Sorry I wasn't able to meet you Raydog. The doc said no riding for up to six weeks after a concussion.
Lassen volcanic is one nifty piece of real estate. The road is open early this year due to the dry winter as the snow at 12,000' + is not usually cleared until the 4'th of July  
crazy.gif

that lassen loop is awsome great pics
beerchug.gif
i go through there sometimes when i ride to oregon and just love it
lurk.gif

Newmill and Oz, I hope we can eventually do a ride together in Nor Cal, so many choices! Raydog

Those golden rearsets REALLY stand out!

Nice pics!

--Wag--

(raydog @ Jun. 19 2007,21:39) Newmill and Oz, I hope we can eventually do a ride together in Nor Cal, so many choices!     Raydog
maybe we can get CCbusa05 and Pacemaster to and do Ice House soon Jim must be all fired up about those twisties with that k7 lets do it
muscle.gif

heres one of my favorite sections on the lassen loop to
biggrin.gif
bet you guys had fun thru here
race.gif

lassen_9_6_06_09__2_.jpg

My turn ... Fun time was had by all. Doyle how was the scoot home? We had a fun twisty time running the last 50 miles down into the valley.

Breakfast at " Sin of Cortez " Thickest cup of Java in the North State "

Lassen_June07_002b.jpg

Me & Raydog got to whick it up a bit on one of the back roads. I surprized how long we had to wait for the others to catch up. Lunch was in Shigletown.

Lassen_June07_006b.jpg

Dani was indeed very ( for a girl ) and the new cbr 600 only had about 200 miles when she left her place ... by end of day the bike was offcially broke in.
wow.gif

Lassen_June07_009c.jpg

I am pissed that national parks are no longer free to enter as they originally intended but another pisser is some guard shacks are no longer manned. Please put your money in an envelope when u enter this park, call 911 if there is an emergency...
firedevil.gif

Lassen_June07_013b.jpg

Back