Stock windshield sux

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Stock windshield sux (HARD)- The thing scratches easier than...anything else I can think of. From the first time I washed my bike, I'm using microfiber towels and water, I dry off the shield, I notice tiny scratches everywhere in it.

Oh well no big deal, you can only see it when the light is just right.

So today I'm riding to work and I get a mini barage of luv bugs, when I stop I notice one on the windshield. Not wanting it to bake in, I scrape the bug guts off with my finger/nail. I get home for a proper wash...and Efn thing is scratched about an inch long (back and forth) by my friggin' fingernail.

What a cheap POS that a windshield can not withstand a fingernail at 1 mph and not scratch. What is it made of, clear semi-hardened playdoh...

The good news is two days ago (thanks to guidence from the board) I ordered a new Puig Racing Dark Smoke...Hope like hell it is a LITTLE MORE SCRATCH RESISTANT.

The bad news is I got it from kneedraggers and they called me yesterday and said it is a minimum 3 week back order...rats. Oh well, maybe luv bug season will be over by then....

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147218662 -->

I think you'll like it and well worth the wait...I love my year old PUIG "TOUR" in Dark Smoke...

PUIG1.jpg

PUIG2.jpg

PUIG3.jpg

so des my youngest daughter "Rachel"
biggrin.gif

PUIG5.jpg

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147219338 -->

Sounds to me you need to clip your fingernails a little shorter!!
biggrin.gif

I have the puig dark smoke and love it,havn't really noticed how easy it scratches...
Next time buy it from goldenchild or speedandtrack on this board.
Guarantee they get it to you a lot faster..

And yes,the stock screen is a P.o.s.
I would be embarresed to even give it away.

<!--EDIT|brendanp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147219226 -->

Wow...the touring dark smoke looks very nice...hmm.
Thank you...and when I bought it a year ago?...it was like "sight unseen" as there were plenty of pix of puig "double bubbles" but...there were no pix of a "Puig Touring" anywhere's on the net...and I liked that as I knew for certain that if nothing else?..it would be..uhem...."different"
tounge.gif

and I was shocked when I opened the box...what a windswept work of art...as I also considered the ZG "Sport-Touring" but didn't care for how it seemed to destroy the front fairing lines...but I can definantly live with that slight kicked lip on the rear of my puig "touring"...1 year now and I'm still extremely happy with both appearance and it's wind-shedding performance.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Nice screen Jinkster. I was just looking at pics of my Puig DB Race Screen... completely different. The "Tour" model looks much more wind swept than the race series. Hmmm... don't know which one I like more now
biggrin.gif

I have a chrome screen from LP. The nice part is that the new ones are made to look through when your tucked in. They are pretty scratch resistant and look awesome.

Oh, and they make a nice blind spot in a cars mirror when the sun is just right
smile.gif

I have the Sportech V-Flow Black Chrome screen. I like the way it looks but they could have made it fit more like stock.

sportech_fairing.jpg

stocker kicks ass for slipstreaming at 170+
tounge.gif
I tested it against my ZG DB. for everything else it sux dog balls.

%100 agree ... it scratches too easy . When i washed the bike with microfiber towels , i notice a lot of tiny scratches , i bought ZeroGravity's DB , it's more scratch resistant than the stock , looks better , protects better from the wind especially on fly and from my point of view it's more aerodynamic .

I didn't believed it when I read it on Pashnit.com until I experienced it myself. I thought my chin strap was going to break lose.

As far as the engine noise. It's teh sweetest song I've ever heard.

Back