Hayabusa Oil Change - modded schedule - milages

Speaking of old germans.
My grandpa was a WW2 veteran and obviously on the german side. (he never talked about it but I know He was in stalingrad and fought there until he was captured and held in a POW camp for over 1 year.)

On my first day in elementary school - we celebrated afterwards with the family in a restaurant and my grandpa asked me just one question in front of everyone- Do you have any "foreigners/immigrants" in your class.
I had no idea what he meant because I was 5 at the time. My Dad gave him a very sharp look and they left the restaurant together to have a talk.LOL
Years later I understood what he meant by that....
One of my buddies (former Canadian Army guy) who is first generation Canadian of German descent, around Remembrance Day he'd tell us the story of his dad being at Normandy beach....waiting for our grand dads/dads....

His dad was riding a bicycle with a Panzerschreck and was looking to take out tanks...he got wounded and captured by the Allies...

Always interesting to have a different perspective
My grandparents had POWs on their farm as laborers during the war, family rumor was that my great aunt had an affair with one of them.

One of my buddies (former Canadian Army guy) who is first generation Canadian of German descent, around Remembrance Day he'd tell us the story of his dad being at Normandy beach....waiting for our grand dads/dads....

His dad was riding a bicycle with a Panzerschreck and was looking to take out tanks...he got wounded and captured by the Allies...

Always interesting to have a different perspective
That is true, unfortunately like I said before- They never talked about it. I would have loved to hear some history from someone who was actually there!

My new plate, should arrive next 3 weeks ...
GSXPlate.png

You can choose your plate in most if not all US states, but they cost more and your choice can be denied if viewed as inappropriate, or if someone complains. I've had a few in both California and Illinois, I like em!
Down here you get what you're given unless you want to pay for a personalised plate and same criteria for appropriateness(?)

Here in british columbia we can choose only letters aswell. I thought about getting a "BUSA".
But they charge 100 dollars every year for it and you have to renew and pay every year again in order to keep it...not worth it..!

View attachment 1610542

How much is yours?
$50 USD to get it, $48 annual, but of course, this being California, they promise those collected annual fees go to protect the environment
:lol:

My father, saw many horrors, while fighting his way through Holland in WWII with the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry had a complicated relationship with Germans.
When I was about ten years old traveling with my father we stopped at a small convenience store. The man slightly older than my father (I assume the owner) had a strong European accent. Upon returning to the car I asked my father if the man behind the counter was German. My father replied, "Yes son, he was a German, but there is nothing wrong with the German people. Do you understand?"
And then with no irony and a straight face he said, "they just should not be allowed to form groups."

In Nova Scotia in the late eighties many Europeans , some were German, purchased water front property as land was cheap where I live.
Friends of mine from Ontario Canada purchased a small farm house in Nova Scotia house and were renovating it for a summer property. I visited them several times and each time my father muttered something about Germans buying all the land, this was at least twenty years after the peak of Europeans purchasing property in Nova Scotia. Each time I corrected him, explaining they were Canadians from Ontario. Unfortunately he was not one much for listening..
Finally on my third visit, my father, who was in his mid eighties by now, started ranting, "your are going to visit those goddamn Germans, they are buying all the property, I don't want you visiting them!!!"
I leaned in, looked him in the eyes and said loudly to catch his attention, which was hard to do when he was ranting, "DAD!!! DAD!!! DAD!!! My friends are from Ontario they are Canadian, Mark is black and his wife is Jewish!"
He snapped out of his rant, and very sweetly said, Öh, well, that's OK then. Have a nice visit."

LOL
cheers
ken

Last edited:
Nahh....Thread starter is German....so we can hijack with na*zi stuff. He does not mind...muahahaah

sorry NO! or better YES ! it does mind me, in deed!

That kind of "stuff" thinking is just big bullshit
na * i ideas/thoughts are the worst in the world
like every other radical thinking / actions as a result of the thinking.

I condemn all radicalism where ever it comes from (politically) !

tolerance is the only real choice !

and if I write "dear / dears" at the intro of a post
it only should be a friendly intro (as a short form of "Dear colleagues ") - No "homo" or whatever else a reader might think .

and now - please ! lets go back to oil change and so on - thanks.

This bike has weird intervals for oil maintenance This is what i do change the oil every 5000 km then again at 10000km this time with a new oil filter :thumbsup:

Back