In the market for my first busa - going to look at an '08

I figure with my Helibars and drop pegs, my Busa must be very close to the riding position of a stock ZX14R.

When I sat on one in the showroom, it felt very similar..and because it was brand new and all stock felt a lot heavier.

The Gen2 ZX14 is about the same weight as the busa now but it apparently has some frame refinements that make it handle better than the Gen1 ZX-14 did. The Gen1 ZX-14 was lighter the a busa but in my opinion, the busa handles better.

The Gen2 ZX14 is about the same weight as the busa now but it apparently has some frame refinements that make it handle better than the Gen1 ZX-14 did. The Gen1 ZX-14 was lighter the a busa but in my opinion, the busa handles better.
I guess it would be Gen 1 against Gen 1 for weight and such. Gen 2 Busa had refinements made as well so I would say the two Gen 2s are very similar.

Any YouTube (for what it's worth) races with Gen 2 Busa against Gen 2 ZX that I saw, it really comes down to who got the hole shot and who shifted better as to who would come out ahead.

You Tube is chocked full of such videos and they are pretty much all the same, the two bikes are more like siblings than rivals...the real rivals are the liter bikes who are catching and surpassing both bikes. It makes sense as the companies are putting R&D money into the liter bikes and not the hyperbikes anymore.

When the Gen 1 ZX14 arrived it beat the Gen 1 Busa , then the refined designed Gen 2 Busa arrived , and kicked the ZX14 Gen 1 ass .... Kawasaki then gave the ZX a thorough going over , and the ZX14R Gen 2 arrived , it has now beaten the Busa , arguably matching the handling , with even more HP . Before you all go crazy , we are talking factory stock here people .
The Busa is a great design , but essentially is still a 1999 design motorcyle , the ZX14 is a much later design . The potential Gen 3 Busa , as most agree , will now be a totally new design , if produced at all , well imo .
For me , before I bought the L2 , I had the choice of any bike , I chose the Gen 2 Busa , I love its crazy styling and motor .
The ZX14 Gen 1 didn't honestly do it for me then , or even now , but the revamped ZX14R certainly does , I like it a lot .

When the Gen 1 ZX14 arrived it beat the Gen 1 Busa , then the refined designed Gen 2 Busa arrived , and kicked the ZX14 Gen 1 ass .... Kawasaki then gave the ZX a thorough going over , and the ZX14R Gen 2 arrived , it has now beaten the Busa , arguably matching the handling , with even more HP . Before you all go crazy , we are talking factory stock here people .
The Busa is a great design , but essentially is still a 1999 design motorcyle , the ZX14 is a much later design . The potential Gen 3 Busa , as most agree , will now be a totally new design , if produced at all , well imo .
For me , before I bought the L2 , I had the choice of any bike , I chose the Gen 2 Busa , I love its crazy styling and motor .
The ZX14 Gen 1 didn't honestly do it for me then , or even now , but the revamped ZX14R certainly does , I like it a lot .

Absolutely agreee with you, but keep in mind that the gen 2 zx14 has approx 100 cc's more then the gen 2 hayabusa. Plus the ram air aswell at high speeds.
So considering those 2 things alone do not make the zx14 faster, if both would have the same egine size etc...!

Absolutely agreee with you, but keep in mind that the gen 2 zx14 has approx 100 cc's more then the gen 2 hayabusa. Plus the ram air aswell at high speeds.
So considering those 2 things alone do not make the zx14 faster, if both would have the same egine size etc...!
Sure it does , stock ZX14R is faster . My post is about how they sit right now , new on the showroom floor , that Kawasaki came back with the R model to win stock HP , how they did it is irrelevant , if Suzuki upped the cc etc. yes things would be different , but 11 years and that hasn't happened ... They have had since 2012 to go head to head and redress this situation ...
This is the reality of the current situation , not what if ...

Sure it does , stock ZX14R is faster . My post is about how they sit right now , new on the showroom floor , that Kawasaki came back with the R model to win stock HP , how they did it is irrelevant , if Suzuki upped the cc etc. yes things would be different , but 11 years and that hasn't happened ... They have had since 2012 to go head to head and redress this situation ...
my point was only about the direct comparison. Not that I really care about it either way. But whenever someome says the 14 is faster than the busa- they forget that the 14 has a bigger engine. Thats all.

And of course we all agree that suzuki sucks when it comes to a gen 3! :beerchug:

my point was only about the direct comparison. Not that I really care about it either way. But whenever someome says the 14 is faster than the busa- they forget that the 14 has a bigger engine. Thats all.

And of course we all agree that suzuki sucks when it comes to a gen 3! :beerchug:
Everyone , even remotely interested knows the Busa got beat by bigger cc Kawasaki , ever since the 2012 release . Of course the 1352cc ZX14 , also of course bigger cc , did get beat , everyone knows that too .

Exactl
I guess it would be Gen 1 against Gen 1 for weight and such. Gen 2 Busa had refinements made as well so I would say the two Gen 2s are very similar.

Any YouTube (for what it's worth) races with Gen 2 Busa against Gen 2 ZX that I saw, it really comes down to who got the hole shot and who shifted better as to who would come out ahead.
my opinion in that scenario is it would be the more skilled rider who wins not the machine even if the zx14 is a little faster it ain’t by much and a few tweaks to the busa will easily even up those odds

Exactl
my opinion in that scenario is it would be the more skilled rider who wins not the machine even if the zx14 is a little faster it ain’t by much and a few tweaks to the busa will easily even up those odds
There's no argument to that. The ZX and Busa are the last of their kind and although the ZX won the Hyperbike battle, the Busa put up a good fight.

they wont redesign the hayabusa. no money in it. All these old guys with money are buying the adventure bikes, and thats where the money is.

Its not just the 100cc difference. The 14r has basically a head and cam package from the fac. My gen 2 14 puts out about 196 rwhp with bolt ons vs a gen 2 busa at 178 w/ similar bolt ons on same dyno.
When the gen 2 got released and all the major magazines tested it- the rwhp was all over the place. Some said they tested 197 hp. others only got 169 hp and so on....
Every bike is different no matter what the specs initially on paper say.

True and no arguing that, same bike diff day same dyno will show diff #s, I just posted some what I thought were avg. I did have to assemble my gen 2 14, its actually a in a gen 1 body so I had to have the cps put on the other side of the head. There was mild CNC porting from the factory. I just consider it a mild 1441 basically. Very very torquey cams, not huge

When the gen 2 got released and all the major magazines tested it- the rwhp was all over the place. Some said they tested 197 hp. others only got 169 hp and so on....
Every bike is different no matter what the specs initially on paper say.
No one got 197bhp , that was always at the crank . Most a stock Gen 2 Busa made that I ever heard off made 174bhp , 169bhp being a good stock rwhp figure .

Back