Just Picked Up My First Busa!!! And a few questions!

San Diego Busa

Registered
Hey Guys

Just brought her home today, has a total of FOUR miles on it: :thumbsup:

busa.jpg

Been reading this board for awhile and its a great resource!

First question:
Only gripe (and not even a gripe) is that i am tall 6'4" and the windscreen gets in the way of the gauges at normal riding position. Not a huge deal, but a tad annoying. Since i am replacing the windscreen anyway with a dark smoke one, anyone have any recommendations of a brand of screen maybe contoured differently to allow for taller riders to cleary see the gauges?

Second Question:
Ive already begun disassembling some parts for the powder coater (friend of mine). Doing all the shifter brackets, footpegs brackets, exhaust hangers, etc... in black to match the frame. Was also thinking of doing the end caps of the exhaust and the shields black as well. I asked my guy if the heat would effect the coating and he told me to ask others that have done it. Any ideas?

Thanks guys!! Very stoked and looking forward to enjoying my new rig!

You need a double bubble wind screen, Puig and Zero gravity seem to be the most popular. I have the puig and love it. Justin from Honda East and Pashnit are both sponsers here. Hit them up and see who has the best price. :welcome: to the org

I have the Zero Gravity double bubble smoke shield and it shows the gauges without ducking... I'm 6'1" and there's more clearance than I need so it should work with your extra height.

Hit "my garage" and see some pictures of my '09. There's a rear 3/4 view of the bike... that shows the proportion of the windshield pretty good.

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

Get an aftermarket exhaust, dont bother with powdercoating it. Getting rid of the stock exhaust is a huge weight savings for a Gen2 :beerchug:

here a pic of how much taller the Puig Double Bubble is. It really open up the view on the gauges. Im 6'-2'' and its perfect for me.

2011-04-10_16-21-33_281.jpg

Only gripe (and not even a gripe) is that i am tall 6'4" and the windscreen gets in the way of the gauges at normal riding position.

That's normal. It doesn't matter how tall or short you are, no-one can see the instrument cluster. Get a double-bubble screen.

Get an aftermarket exhaust, dont bother with powdercoating it. Getting rid of the stock exhaust is a huge weight savings for a Gen2 :beerchug:

39# GIVE OR TAKE!

Re: Just Picked Up My First Busa!!! And a few questions!
Have lots of them in stock.

This is the smoke DB that I'm running right now. Soon as it gets warm, I'll go to the SR Clear.

Motorcycle Windscreens Windshields: Zero Gravity | Pashnit Moto

Attachment 221513

Listen to the MAN!!!

welcome to the org!!!! and very nice lookin scoot. Pashnit is definitely the place if you're lookin to do some mods to the busa, tim is great to deal with and they have almost every mod u can think of. Powdercoating the pegsets looks great, but i agree with others to get new exhaust and dump the bazookas. Dark smoke db definitely helps to see the gauges, i had the puig db dark smoke on for a while, very nice screen. Currently runnin the suzuki oem db smoke screen, fits and looks great, just wish it was a shade darker

Double Bubble screen as mentioned above will fix your gauge issue. As for the exhaust, go aftermarket, but if that is not in the cards right now you would be fine with powder coating the caps. I think they would be OK that high up in the exhaust and in the air flow of the bike to maintain their paint.

This is the smoke DB that I'm running right now. Soon as it gets warm, I'll go to the SR Clear.

"Soon as it gets warm"??! GEEZ Pash, where the hell are you???? Its been in the 90s all week here in Charleston, SC:cheerleader:!!

Pashnit is definitely the place if you're lookin to do some mods to the busa, tim is great to deal with and they have almost every mod u can think of.

YUP! Just got off the phone with him! Great guy, super helpful! Just ordered my DB in dark smoke! :)

Powdercoating the pegsets looks great, but i agree with others to get new exhaust and dump the bazookas.

Yeah, BUT... good friend of mine is a powdercoater and owes me a big favor! :) Also, going to break the bike in properly and get used to it before doing the exhaust, ecu, etc... The exhaust will come, just not yet! :)

Thanks for everyones help/advice! :thumbsup:

:welcome:

Pictures don't do justice for how nice the 2011 White really is. There's an answer for any question you might have on your bike through this place, just ask :beerchug:

:thumbsup:
You mean, "Ride it like it was stolen"?

Negative! :)

Have you read this? Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

I agree with what he says, and I know a number of mechanics who also agree with him.

I must politely disagree. Im new to busa's but not new to bikes this will be about my 13th or so (both street and dirt).

Without much science, the bikes i rode lightly when new always laster longer and ran smoother. THe bikes i hammered on right of the box, never last long and problems crept up quick.

For each is own. Im going to split the advice down the middle, and just ride it casually for the first few hundred. Not baby, not hammer! :thumbsup:

Theres a difference in hammering on it unrelentlessly and breaking an egine in under controlled hard acceleration and deceleration. There is plenty of science around to back up this artical.

Back