2014 FI light

I have a 2014 busa that is only throwing the fi light after i crank her. it takes about a a half a second then comes on and runs like crap. Also i can feel a vibration on both sides of the bike while riding. I need help figuring this problem out. Also the front fairing came off one day while i was riding and severed my front brake line so I have no front brake could that be whats throwing the code?

I have a 2014 busa that is only throwing the fi light after i crank her. it takes about a a half a second then comes on and runs like crap. Also i can feel a vibration on both sides of the bike while riding. I need help figuring this problem out. Also the front fairing came off one day while i was riding and severed my front brake line so I have no front brake could that be whats throwing the code?
Your fairing came off?? Yikes!

If it had enough force to sever a brake line, it could have done damage to other systems namely the wiring... You would be well served to start systematically going through each and every wiring loom starting in the front. All it would take is one wire to throw off your system and cause this issue.

I wouldn't ride it until you sort the issue as more damage could result. If a wire is arcing, you could be looking at a possibility of a fire.

...and if you have no front brakes you could be looking at the possibility of death, lmao!

Search, how to pull codes here, it's easy.
The abs is seperate from the ecu, but has it's own dash light, I'm suprised that isn't on too.

Right i agree about the front brakes but I have pretty much backed off riding it just because of the way it sounds idling and the vibrations. Having the few cents i have in my head lol my mind tells me not to ride her till i get this sorted out. And the abs light kicks off once she warms up like normal. But when the occurrence happened of the fairing and the front line, the bike came to a stand still slowly and then died but after gathering my thoughts together i tried cranking her and she popped off without a problem. Could the sudden stall be an issue as well?

These bikes are very electrical and the battery has to be almost perfectly charged and the connectors (all connectors) have to be well connected and clean. Even if one is a bit loose or dirty, all sorts of odd things can happen.

I chased a gremlin for a bit then one day it disappeared...I took apart all my connectors, cleaned them and re-connected them. It took me a while but I solved the problem.

Right i agree about the front brakes but I have pretty much backed off riding it just because of the way it sounds idling and the vibrations. Having the few cents i have in my head lol my mind tells me not to ride her till i get this sorted out. And the abs light kicks off once she warms up like normal. But when the occurrence happened of the fairing and the front line, the bike came to a stand still slowly and then died but after gathering my thoughts together i tried cranking her and she popped off without a problem. Could the sudden stall be an issue as well?

Go with Yellow09's suggestions and look it over really good.
It could be alot of things, even as simple as a loose connection causing a bad ground.
Checking for codes may help, as if there are any, it can help narrow things down.

These bikes are very electrical and the battery has to be almost perfectly charged and the connectors (all connectors) have to be well connected and clean. Even if one is a bit loose or dirty, all sorts of odd things can happen.

I chased a gremlin for a bit then one day it disappeared...I took apart all my connectors, cleaned them and re-connected them. It took me a while but I solved the problem.
If it is in the wiring could that be whats making it run like it is?

Go with Yellow09's suggestions and look it over really good.
It could be alot of things, even as simple as a loose connection causing a bad ground.
Checking for codes may help, as if there are any, it can help narrow things down.
Do i check it by crossing it over like i have read on here? Because it only comes on when its running.

If it is in the wiring could that be whats making it run like it is?

For sure. 3 things are needed, fuel, air and spark. it seems to be getting all three (it runs) but something is interrupting how it is processing these.

A loose connector could very well be what is causing this. Even a loose or dirty battery terminal is all it takes.

The fuel management is really sensitive with these bikes.

Btw thank you all for your quick responses I cant tell you what kind of loss im at as far as knowledge on this bike in particular. You arent lying it is a veeery electronical bike lol thanks again.

...and they are low tech in the world of the modern bikes. All it takes is one connector being even a bit loose to cause issues.

...and they are low tech in the world of the modern bikes. All it takes is one connector being even a bit loose to cause issues.
Im going to check it now and get back with yall on how it comes out. Also there is a open connector under the back set where the tail lights and blinkers connect. is that open plug supposed to be open or should it be plugged into something?

Do i check it by crossing it over like i have read on here? Because it only comes on when its running.

White Yosh plug under driver seat, may/may not have a cap on it, and it does not connect to anything else.
Red/white to black/white, and you can ride with them connected.
The letter "C" will appear on the dash followed by a 2 digit number. C00 means no codes are present. Any other number can be referenced here.
No code doesn't mean there is not an issue either.
Be care with whatever you use to jump/connect those wires, that nothing is bare and can ground on the frame...then you will have some problems.

Im going to check it now and get back with yall on how it comes out. Also there is a open connector under the back set where the tail lights and blinkers connect. is that open plug supposed to be open or should it be plugged into something?
It is an open plug.

I'd pull the fairing off that came off and start with the plugs there and work your way back. Even the strain on a wire in the fairing could affect a plug farther back.

The ECU is most likely fine or the bike would not even be running.

I guess i am at a complete lose as to how a fairing can come off on its own, unkless wrecked, and cut a brake line? Those lines are pretty tough. As for the running issues, i would as stated above look at every wire there is look for rubbed off coating, broken connections, broken wires, etc.

I guess i am at a complete lose as to how a fairing can come off on its own, unkless wrecked, and cut a brake line? Those lines are pretty tough. As for the running issues, i would as stated above look at every wire there is look for rubbed off coating, broken connections, broken wires, etc.
Long story short whoever had it before me i guess didnt tighten the bolts down tight enough. and yes at 120 it came off shattered and severed the brake line. cut it right in half.

Long story short whoever had it before me i guess didnt tighten the bolts down tight enough. and yes at 120 it came off shattered and severed the brake line. cut it right in half.
Which fairing came off, I think you might have mentioned it but can't recall...?

I'd be checking everything else with a fine-toothed comb to see what else is loose and ready to fly off at speed.

Back