Unbelievable! (Long story)

ky busa

Registered
Been some time since i posted about my charging issues on my gen2. After some suggestions from forum members about just throwing parts at it and not fixing the issue l decided to take my busa to a shop. This was the second time any of my bikes have ever been to a shop I've always been able to do my repairs. Yes twice out of all the bikes I've owned and miles ridden in my life.So the shop i choose was the gentleman who tuned it. Just my luck the gentleman had an argument with a customer and the customer decided to burn his business down with my busa there .My busa has alot of water and smoke damage now the arsonist was caught on camera and charged and arrested. So now im waiting on my insurance to tell me if it is a total loss i have my busa in my possession now . And get this my charging system still dont charge .The shop owner had no insurance. I bought it new in 2012 so upset about the whole situation because i had 77000 miles i figure my insurance will lowball me on its value. Hope state farm is good to me.

Dang that sucks. I have been really checking out local shops, the guys who did all the tuning on mine burned down. That would suck because no insurance company is going to pay the worth of the bike.

How about suing either of them? ( dont know the laws in the US but in canada it would be an option)...

How badly damaged is it? Even if it's totalled you may be able to buy it back and bring it back to life. I know where you can find some parts for good prices.....

That sure sucks a big Donkey d%^k ! If insurance trys to low ball due to millage show your cities annual average millage report . Since you bought it in 2012 you have 7 years give or take . In Houston the avg miles a year is 15,xxx X 7 = 105,000 miles is the norm . Remember SCAR has over 235,000 on a 2008 Gen 2 with no motor work . Put these point in the back of your head just in case .
Good luck .

And Never EVER accept the first offer. They will try to low ball you. but with information as c10 has suggested and other facts like E bay or Kajiji you can show them to be far off its value

Dang!!!!! That sucks big time!!! Really sorry to hear you are having to deal with this. Like others said, give the insurance a fight if they try to low ball you. Depending on damage, I would do as @Mr Brown suggestd and keep it. I mean, how damage can a bike have from smoke and water? I would assume it would be cosmetic.

Thanks guys! The damage is significant i dont know if a chemical is used in the fire departments water but it has corrosion everywhere . Except for the coated parts can only imagine the electrical system now lt sat there in those conditions for a month during the investigation

You also have to consider the heat of the fire also. The roof was on fire the ceilings weren't really tall. Cant explain it but my fork seals are leaking alittle

The only thing I have to offer you (besides condolences) is this short story (and its moral):
My '14 FZ1 was stolen a month ago. Two guys in a pickup picked it up and drove off with it. Took them longer to case the joint (my workplace, 5 mins) than it did to steal the bike (4 mins).
The moral: if it weren't for that theft, I would not (now) own a Hayabusa.
May I humbly suggest you not be surprised if there happens to be a silver lining in this dark cloud.

Damn KY I am sorry man, look I run a shop so if you need I can help you. It’s not a motorcycle shop but it doesn’t matter we are an authorized automotive repair shop and motorcycles fall in that same category. I can always give you an appraisal, state any modifications you spent money on any updates or upgrades. Hell if after you get paid from the insurance and wanna ship it to me I’ll tear it all down and rebuild it for you and you can have 2 Busa’s.

Damn KY I am sorry man, look I run a shop so if you need I can help you. It’s not a motorcycle shop but it doesn’t matter we are an authorized automotive repair shop and motorcycles fall in that same category. I can always give you an appraisal, state any modifications you spent money on any updates or upgrades. Hell if after you get paid from the insurance and wanna ship it to me I’ll tear it all down and rebuild it for you and you can have 2 Busa’s.

The only condition is that it has to be Blue:poke:

Back