Will gen II full akrapovic system fit on gen I?

fast_pace77

Registered
Is it direct fitment for gen II full 4-2-1 akrapovic system onto gen I busa? I cant find a specific akra system that actually specifies for the gen I.
Thanks all

I was inclined to think the sumps are different between the two models , and that there is a mount lug under the rear of the motor / frame area on Gen 1 which the Gen 2 don't have for exhaust ? I am certainly not sure about this though , but thinking you're going to have to do some more checking before you commit to buy I reckon . Someone on here may have done it , but I have never seen it mention in all my fairly intensive exhaust info hunts . The Akrapovic pipe would most likely be only advertised for Gen 2 , because current model .
Kiwi Rider has a Gen 1 fitted with the original full ti Akrapovic , you may be able to contact him (private message) , he may see this anyway because he is a regular , and ask him how that pipe mounts up , and compare it to the hydro formed stainless you are checking out . Good luck , please post up your findings , because it will be good to know for sure . Good luck mate .

Here's a few pics of the actual Gen 1 fitment full ti system I bought for my bike.
I bought this off Trademe (https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Se...rsqid=7b7debdf32ac47139ba7a31d3d5bb3fd&v=List) 2 years ago, it was NOS and was a bargain at $920 NZdollars delivered to my door.
Yep, I got lucky with this one.:thumbsup:
It was a one off offer, he only had the one system for sale and I have no idea of his source, possibly a contact in the country they are made in, Slovenia.
Here's one I found on ebay tonight....
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337943218&icep_item=263692320120
Good luck with your search, hope this helped in some way!
497679728.jpg

497679735.jpg

Last edited:
Haha i cant do that much $ right now, but if there is a good price on a single one of those i may push a couple extra buttons... lol
Thx for the help!

U think the gen 2 slip on can may fit?
you can always make it fit lol
Just measure it up as long as the inlet hole diameter is the same as the link pipe (from the luscious Ti headers) outer diameter, the bracket position is a cinch!
Fingers crossed!! Ya got me excited for ya :D:beerchug::p

Saw a full ti Akrapovic for Gen 2 , even think it was new , advertised on here , pretty sure time about when I joined up !! Rare as rocking horse poo , and I missed it , no $ spare .. still feeling the loss on that beauty !!
I didn't think they made the Ti for a gen 2. Only the ss Race..

I didn't think they made the Ti for a gen 2. Only the ss Race..
Very limited number made , I believe only in 2008 , then changed to SS there after . Has the same shape can as the current SS version . Along with the Japanese Yoshimura Cyclone full ti 4-1 exhaust , the Akrapovic ti for Gen 2 is my personal grail exhaust for Gen 2 .

Is it direct fitment for gen II full 4-2-1 akrapovic system onto gen I busa? I cant find a specific akra system that actually specifies for the gen I.
Thanks all

Yes, it will fit the gen1.
The only difference is that the passenger pegs are in different locations (couple inches).
But, the Akropovic have sliding muffler hangers, so they still fit.

Back