old guy with Busa, Mick

Busa mick

Registered
Last year I had new tyres fitted on the way home I became very aware that my front brake was nothing like it was when I took it in. After arriving home just, I started my investigation to what could be wrong. To my horror I found the spindle 10mm pinch bolt had been tightened up before the main nut was torqued up so the callipers was not in line with disc's. So out with the tool kit to sort it. I got my brakes back but it made me think about alignment, so I slacked off the 4 calliper bolts then pumped the lever a few times and while holding the brake on I tightened them back up, the difference surprised me I had a lot better lever and more responsive braking. better then before worth a try.

Last year I had new tyres fitted on the way home I became very aware that my front brake was nothing like it was when I took it in. After arriving home just, I started my investigation to what could be wrong. To my horror I found the spindle 10mm pinch bolt had been tightened up before the main nut was torqued up so the callipers was not in line with disc's. So out with the tool kit to sort it. I got my brakes back but it made me think about alignment, so I slacked off the 4 calliper bolts then pumped the lever a few times and while holding the brake on I tightened them back up, the difference surprised me I had a lot better lever and more responsive braking. better then before worth a try.

I hope you rang the shop that fitted the tyres to let the owner/manager know about that, the staff member that did that needs to be 're-educated' ( aka kick up the arse ) to remind him to NEVER make a cock up like that again!
It's so disappointing to hear of this sort of thing going on, when you take your bike in to a 'professional' and pay hard earned cash you expect the job to be done correctly. :poke:

I hope you rang the shop that fitted the tyres to let the owner/manager know about that, the staff member that did that needs to be 're-educated' ( aka kick up the arse ) to remind him to NEVER make a cock up like that again!
It's so disappointing to hear of this sort of thing going on, when you take your bike in to a 'professional' and pay hard earned cash you expect the job to be done correctly. :poke:

Yes I did call and found out the fitter had just come back to work after serval months off work after a very bad bike accident he was taken out by a overtaking car and had brain surgery. I just hope he his back on track now but he was not ready for work when he worked on my bike. But wish him well.

es I did call and found out the fitter had just come back to work after serval months off work after a very bad bike accident he was taken out by a overtaking car and had brain surgery. I just hope he his back on track now but he was not ready for work when he worked on my bike. But wish him well.

Quo

Back