Any old serious pool billiards players on here

GoldenChild

DID HE REALLY SAY THAT?
Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking to maybe trade a few parts for a real nice pool cue and nice case.. I figured i would ask, if it's sitting in your closet collecting dust, maybe you could put it to good use..

Do you like Jack Daniels?

I would say I've had this about 15-18 years. Honestly I can not remember where I got this or when, but it seems to be pretty unique. My guess is the ABC store ran a special at some point and sold these.

I doubt if it is a real high quality stick but might be a bit rare, don't know that either. I see only one on Ebay right now well used for starting bid of $40 + $15 shipping.

This stick may have been used once, twice at the most. Basically brand new with dust on the case. Original tip shown in picture.

I don't really know what I would need right now parts wise except for tires and oil change kit. Obviously tires would be a bit much, but maybe a synthetic oil change?

I usually run full syn Alisyn 10-30 from Brocks. Let me know what you think.

jd1.jpg

jd2.jpg

jd3.jpg

jd4.jpg

Thanks but looking for some high end stuff..That stick was $42 new originally back in the day..can be brought if found for about $20...

What are you looking for? Schon? Jackson Cue? I've got a couple older McDermott's laying around. Or are you looking for more obscure stuff?

I go to most of the big tournaments around Va and know just about all the cue makers out there. I play with a custom Jacoby myself and love the way it plays. I played with a Schon for 15 years but designed my own and had Jacoby build it. It turned out great. I run across older cues all the time and might could find you something there. I just need to know what you are looking for. I have seen cues and I am sure you have to run from1K to as much as 10K for a playing cue. I just saw a collector cue for 250K at the Super billiards Expo last year. Does anyone ever go there and play? Super Billiards Expo Its the best Bar Table tournament in the USA. I go every year and have a blast. Let me know what you are looking for and maybe I can find you something. Here is another website that people are always selling and trading billiard things Wanted/For Sale - AzBilliards Forums Here is my cue

DSC_0001.jpg

Nice cue.. I'm just looking to trade some motorcycle parts with someone who may need something for their bike for a nice cue they have collecting dust is all... I'm not looking to buy,thanks for offer to look around.....I just figured I would ask...

This has me feeling nostalgic.. Might have to rip the cover off the table this weekend.. :whistle:

Nice cue.. I'm just looking to trade some motorcycle parts with someone who may need something for their bike for a nice cue they have collecting dust is all... I'm not looking to buy,thanks for offer to look around.....I just figured I would ask...
Its a few guys on that AZbilliards that ride bikes. You might get lucky there to. Do you still play? I try to play a little everyday. I won trips to Vegas 17 years in a row for the VENA & BCA nationals. We did pretty good out there.

Np. I didn't figure it was very high quality, just more of a collection piece as I have had it hanging on the wall with all my other JD stuff for years. I've gotten rid of a bunch of the collection at this point but never thought much about the stick until you mentioned it. Unfortunately that's the only one I have held on to over the years.

Good luck on your search.

I do appreciate it though, to bad it wasn't a bottle of it.. :rofl:
Np. I didn't figure it was very high quality, just more of a collection piece as I have had it hanging on the wall with all my other JD stuff for years. I've gotten rid of a bunch of the collection at this point but never thought much about the stick until you mentioned it. Unfortunately that's the only one I have held on to over the years.

Good luck on your search.

I have always played on and off. I played everyday even sunday evenings as a child. I have a nice meucci I won off a sailor while in the navy I still use to play with sometimes... I joined a apa league last night, after never playing in a league before so I'm gonna give that a try...I may see if I can get my stick game back and try bca next year.. I think vegas would be cool...

Its a few guys on that AZbilliards that ride bikes. You might get lucky there to. Do you still play? I try to play a little everyday. I won trips to Vegas 17 years in a row for the VENA & BCA nationals. We did pretty good out there.

I played all the time growing up till about 15. At 12 or so I won a local 9 ball tournament at the game room I hung out in. Beat adults and part of the prize was a game with Willie Mosconi. I broke, he ran the table, that was it. :laugh:
Somewhere around here I think I've got a cue. Long time since but I think it is called a Mali? Or Mali Goosh? Something like that? If that name sounds familiar and you're interested I can look.

Let me know when you find it, that's cool

I played all the time growing up till about 15. At 12 or so I won a local 9 ball tournament at the game room I hung out in. Beat adults and part of the prize was a game with Willie Mosconi. I broke, he ran the table, that was it. :laugh:
Somewhere around here I think I've got a cue. Long time since but I think it is called a Mali? Or Mali Goosh? Something like that? If that name sounds familiar and you're interested I can look.

What are you willing to trade? I have about a dozen cues sitting around from $500ish to $2k, A/E. DP's and Espiritu. BTW, Vegas is a total blast. I have gone for VNEA, BCA and ACS. The ACS tournament is pretty small in comparison but still fun. Best team finish was in the top 64 out of over 1000 teams in VNEA, the first year I went. It's a mind blower to walk into the Riveria and see 240 pool tables, people from all over the world that didn't come there to mess around.

Mr8ball, I have probably rubbed elbows with you at one of the tournaments without knowing it.

You check your bike over and come up with a list of stuff for the cue you have and we can mover forward...I have lots of Gen 1 stuff but some crosses over to gen 2 also..lmk and we can always send pics...description and stick weight would be good also..

What are you willing to trade? I have about a dozen cues sitting around from $500ish to $2k, A/E. DP's and Espiritu. BTW, Vegas is a total blast. I have gone for VNEA, BCA and ACS. The ACS tournament is pretty small in comparison but still fun. Best team finish was in the top 64 out of over 1000 teams in VNEA, the first year I went. It's a mind blower to walk into the Riveria and see 240 pool tables, people from all over the world that didn't come there to mess around.

Mr8ball, I have probably rubbed elbows with you at one of the tournaments without knowing it.

Anybody ever look over their bike and see if they have something they could use in trade for a nice cue?
never heard from anyone or got pics of any cues...

Back