Bar end mirrors

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I still can't come up with a set of mirrors I like for my Gen II. Tried a bunch. The small ones I like don't give much rear view and safety is always a priority over aesthetics for me. Also I have found the mounts on a lot of "universal" mirrors are weak and require constant re-tightening. I was wondering if anyone is using bar end mirrors? Do they give a good rear-view (seems like they would) and how do they look on the bike. I would not consider using just a single one. This is the one I was looking at:

arrow mirror.jpg

I was a little hesitant at first using bar end mirrors. The more I ride using the more I enjoy them.

Also there is a local ride running the same mirrors mentioned above. Ill try and snap some shots of it.

If you go the bar end route, spend the extra cash and get a high quality set. I had a cheaper set ($50 or so if I remember right) years ago on my Katana street fighter. They vibrated so much that everything was blurry (the bike was quite viby as well though). If you could find a set that didn't have that problem then go for it. They are actually quite nice because they stick out pretty far and give a better view.

Fallenarch: I would like to add a set of mirrors that mount to the handle bar ends. Who makes the ones you posted? I made a set of heavier bar end weights to dampen the vibrations better and do not want to remove them so I could make another set with a groove turned into them to accept the mirror mounts. Thanks!

I would go with the crg arrow bar end mirrors..they have the most adjustment of any mirror..actually im in the process of putting mine on..i also bought the brackets then decided to cut the ends of the brackets so i could mount my bar end first then the mirror bracket..if i dont like that i can always switch it back around..

Ran into the same problem, all the good looking mirrors provide little to zero visability. I finally put in a rear view camera system:thumbsup: They sell the kits on various sites but they are a little pricey. If your good with wiring you can build your own kit for a 1/3 of the price. Now i see everything behind me:watching:

Ran into the same problem, all the good looking mirrors provide little to zero visability. I finally put in a rear view camera system:thumbsup: They sell the kits on various sites but they are a little pricey. If your good with wiring you can build your own kit for a 1/3 of the price. Now i see everything behind me:watching:

Was thinking about that too. Can you post pictures?

I never realized how great bar ends are until I rode my Superbyke with em! The optics are wonderful, even though they are small, there is a large field of vision with NO vibrations. BTW, I'm talking Oberon! Maybe there are other good ones but I can't see how I could improve over these Oberons! BTW, in an earlier post I mentioned how I lost one mirror during construction of my motorcycle.....2 weeks ago I emptied a pan that had ONE YEAR old drained oil in it....the freekin mirror was in the bottom living in a dirty oil bath for a year! I wiped it off, installed it and love it. Doyle

IMG_2396.jpg

Originally Posted by #1busa

Ran into the same problem, all the good looking mirrors provide little to zero visability. I finally put in a rear view camera system They sell the kits on various sites but they are a little pricey. If your good with wiring you can build your own kit for a 1/3 of the price. Now i see everything behind me
Was thinking about that too. Can you post pictures?

Sorry not at home right now, fast way to check it out is look at my gallery pics. My entire setup includes a Pyle waterproof camera and monitor kit 80 bucks ebay, monitor stem mount star cycle 80 buck and a fabricated license plate bracket all materials can be purchased at home depot and your done:thumbsup:

I never realized how great bar ends are until I rode my Superbyke with em! The optics are wonderful, even though they are small, there is a large field of vision with NO vibrations. BTW, I'm talking Oberon! Maybe there are other good ones but I can't see how I could improve over these Oberons! BTW, in an earlier post I mentioned how I lost one mirror during construction of my motorcycle.....2 weeks ago I emptied a pan that had ONE YEAR old drained oil in it....the freekin mirror was in the bottom living in a dirty oil bath for a year! I wiped it off, installed it and love it. Doyle
was never a fan of the bar end mirrors till I seen on ur bike. hmmmmmm now u got me thinkn that I might want to pick up a set for myself.

r u running them on both sides or just one? I kinda like the one sided look a little better but which side wud be the better side im not sure. I wud assume the left side. u got a pic of them mounted on both sides? and which ones r those? the streetfighter with match bar ends?

Back