Harley Owner Encounter...

Actually most Harley riders know that there are parts sourced around the world on their bikes. Most don't give a **** or replace them with something local. And many, many, many Harleys have way more miles on them than you guys ever hope to ride. Don't believe me? Check out ebay and look at the used touring bikes -- the ons you guys love to diss... Lots of bikes with 40-, 50-, 70-, 80-thousand miles on them. You guys are lucky to see 10K in the lifetime of your putt. Posers indeed...

Busas:

Suzuki Hayabusa | eBay

Harleys:

harley davidson touring | eBay

Way more high-mileage Harleys than Hayabusas. so who are the real riders now, girlie boys? -LLL-

This is just too easy...

Back atcha... ;- )

yes, some touring bikes have high miles... but who wants to cruise along at 55 for 5-6+ hours with bbrum brrum brumm giving you a headache the whole time??? when I see harley riders putting in earplugs to ride their hog I laugh. why call sportbike owners posers on a sportbike forum? to each their own when it comes to choice of bike but there are high mileage sportbikes, but most of us IMO get more enjoyment and riding experience out of backroads and track days than humming down the freeway:whistle: what about hummin along with your radio and cupholder makes you think high mileage means anything? "i got 40 thousand miles on my harley" really? but can you pull off a tight turn in a crowded parking lot or know how to take a good line through a curve?

If my Busa was made by Daewoo / Hyosung / Kia / etc and was an 100% identical
product to the one I have now, I'd still buy it and be happy.

If Hardley Dangerous's were made by Daewoo / Hyosung / Kia how many riders would
want that on their tattoo's, T-shirts, Bandana's, belt buckles etc etc.

I see one as buying a quality product,
and one as buying an image / brand / lifestle.

Tony. (ex-Harley owner)

"yes, some touring bikes have high miles... but who wants to cruise along at 55 for 5-6+ hours with bbrum brrum brumm giving you a headache the whole time when I see harley riders putting in earplugs to ride their hog I laugh. why call sportbike owners posers on a sportbike forum? to each their own when it comes to choice of bike but there are high mileage sportbikes, but most of us IMO get more enjoyment and riding experience out of backroads and track days than humming down the freeway what about hummin along with your radio and cupholder makes you think high mileage means anything? "i got 40 thousand miles on my harley" really? but can you pull off a tight turn in a crowded parking lot or know how to take a good line through a curve?"

Well that's what floats yer boat there matey. Just a small question: Who made you boss? Who made you grand inquisitor of what is right and proper riding? Some people use motorcycles as transportation, ya know, like going places instead of riding around the neighborhood scaring the livestock? As for 50-60, in California the freeway speeds are 80mph+ and I don't see many laggards on Harleys.

And as for calling anyone "posers," if you are going to participate in threads that clearly insult Hayabusa riders like myself that also ride Harleys, you gotta expect something coming back. You got a problem with that? i realize that you live in the absolute toilet State of this great country, but surely you must have learned a bare minimum of either manners or behind-the-barn scuffling to know that if you piss on another man's parade you can expect return fire, especially when what you are saying is patently ignorant, mean-spirited baloney.

Hayabusa riders -- some at least -- are the ultimate posers, hoping that people will be impressed by their turd-shaped rocket ships. Low-milieage rocket ships, complete with sponsor decals and farty sounding pipes. And the ones with those stupidly long swing arms are beyond poser, taking a decent handling stock bike and sticking the rear tires ass-end out of the rear fender. I mean you can't make that sh@t up kids, that is as wack as ape hangers on a Road Glide, pure mental fantasy.

As a track-day machine a Busa is only slightly less worthless than a Sportster. If you really want to go fast get a 750 Gixxer. If you really want to learn to ride get a 250cc Aprilia. On the other hand, for many owners of my favorite sports bike, their idea of riding is screaming down city streets or weaving through traffic on the freeway. To me, that will not only get you killed, it is a poor use of a two-wheeled vehicle.

BUT..

If that is what floats your boat, have fun, knock yourself out. Just don't live in a pretend world where you think you are superior to other riders on other machines. Cause it is a fairyland -- well the Aussie guy Castrostreetrainbowhelicopter might like that, but the rest of us think it is pretty pathetic...

Think I'll take MY Hayabusa out today. It's gonna be 80 degrees, might be nice to ride up to Fiddletown and have a burger and a Dr. Pepper, then over to Placerville -- aka Hangtown -- and pick up a box of rounds for the S&W. Yeah, that's gonna be good ride. On MY well-loved Hayabusa...

Oh, one last thing. In most of the USA and the rest of the English-speaking world, people use a key on the board called a "shift" key. There are two of them -- bottom left and bottom right. Ya can't miss 'em Billy-Bob. They make the letters B-I-G! No, really and they come in handy for doing what we out here call capitalization. C-a-p-a-t-l-i-z-a-t-i-o-n. Ya get a chance, head over next door to Kentucky. They might be teaching that sort of stuff there ya'all. You'll have fun and everything. Maybe take a ride on your bike with 8,000 miles on the clock.

I find it sad that you can't make a point without insulting almost everyone.
You criticize others for insults and then turn around and do same.
Reminds me of......the pot calling the kettle black.
But what's even sadder is that by your own words you own a 'Turd shaped rocket ship' and then act as if you like it? Seems like most if not all your posts here are argumentative. It's no wonder to me that after nearly four years here you have made ZERO friends.

"yes, some touring bikes have high miles... but who wants to cruise along at 55 for 5-6+ hours with bbrum brrum brumm giving you a headache the whole time when I see harley riders putting in earplugs to ride their hog I laugh. why call sportbike owners posers on a sportbike forum? to each their own when it comes to choice of bike but there are high mileage sportbikes, but most of us IMO get more enjoyment and riding experience out of backroads and track days than humming down the freeway what about hummin along with your radio and cupholder makes you think high mileage means anything? "i got 40 thousand miles on my harley" really? but can you pull off a tight turn in a crowded parking lot or know how to take a good line through a curve?"

Well that's what floats yer boat there matey. Just a small question: Who made you boss? Who made you grand inquisitor of what is right and proper riding? Some people use motorcycles as transportation, ya know, like going places instead of riding around the neighborhood scaring the livestock? As for 50-60, in California the freeway speeds are 80mph+ and I don't see many laggards on Harleys.

And as for calling anyone "posers," if you are going to participate in threads that clearly insult Hayabusa riders like myself that also ride Harleys, you gotta expect something coming back. You got a problem with that? i realize that you live in the absolute toilet State of this great country, but surely you must have learned a bare minimum of either manners or behind-the-barn scuffling to know that if you piss on another man's parade you can expect return fire, especially when what you are saying is patently ignorant, mean-spirited baloney.

Hayabusa riders -- some at least -- are the ultimate posers, hoping that people will be impressed by their turd-shaped rocket ships. Low-milieage rocket ships, complete with sponsor decals and farty sounding pipes. And the ones with those stupidly long swing arms are beyond poser, taking a decent handling stock bike and sticking the rear tires ass-end out of the rear fender. I mean you can't make that sh@t up kids, that is as wack as ape hangers on a Road Glide, pure mental fantasy.

As a track-day machine a Busa is only slightly less worthless than a Sportster. If you really want to go fast get a 750 Gixxer. If you really want to learn to ride get a 250cc Aprilia. On the other hand, for many owners of my favorite sports bike, their idea of riding is screaming down city streets or weaving through traffic on the freeway. To me, that will not only get you killed, it is a poor use of a two-wheeled vehicle.

BUT..

If that is what floats your boat, have fun, knock yourself out. Just don't live in a pretend world where you think you are superior to other riders on other machines. Cause it is a fairyland -- well the Aussie guy Castrostreetrainbowhelicopter might like that, but the rest of us think it is pretty pathetic...

Think I'll take MY Hayabusa out today. It's gonna be 80 degrees, might be nice to ride up to Fiddletown and have a burger and a Dr. Pepper, then over to Placerville -- aka Hangtown -- and pick up a box of rounds for the S&W. Yeah, that's gonna be good ride. On MY well-loved Hayabusa...

Oh, one last thing. In most of the USA and the rest of the English-speaking world, people use a key on the board called a "shift" key. There are two of them -- bottom left and bottom right. Ya can't miss 'em Billy-Bob. They make the letters B-I-G! No, really and they come in handy for doing what we out here call capitalization. C-a-p-a-t-l-i-z-a-t-i-o-n. Ya get a chance, head over next door to Kentucky. They might be teaching that sort of stuff there ya'all. You'll have fun and everything. Maybe take a ride on your bike with 8,000 miles on the clock.

I've got both; different strokes for different folks.

All that 'gay pirate' garb just about the same as the mohawk and skull mask on sportbikes...

Don't matter what you ride nearly as much as that you DO ride...

I find it sad that you can't make a point without insulting almost everyone.
You criticize others for insults and then turn around and do same.
Reminds me of......the pot calling the kettle black.
But what's even sadder is that by your own words you own a 'Turd shaped rocket ship' and then act as if you like it? Seems like most if not all your posts here are argumentative. It's no wonder to me that after nearly four years here you have made ZERO friends.
No doubt and for a minute, I thought I was a d!ck:whistle:.

My last Harley............

She went 173 mph at Bonneville.........faster then most on this site have been on there Hayabusa's

100_2661.jpg

1877ScottStites6.jpg

100_3290-1.jpg
Gotta ask, what else besides the Hayabusa wheels are on that Hardley?

BUT..

getting a bit touchy there arn't ya? just like a hardly rider to bash me for no capitalization. wow, thanks for that lesson lol surely if i thought you were worth it i would be punctual. and i don't see what's ignorant mean spirited baloney??? no one made me boss, just like you i am free to post my opinions. i use my busa for transportation also, mostly commuting so FYI i don't ride around scaring livestock :rofl: where u from again? they must not teach you about geography or us history huh? just another monkey pounding at the keys waiting to stir the pot a bit. sorry you got offended by my opinion, your just mad you bought a harley but yet ride your busa to go drink pop here and there and go buy your bullets then go here and there. why not the harley???? let me guess, it's leaking oil again or your waiting for the new shiny chrome tid bit you just ordered huh? and about going 80+mph. big deal, lets see you swerve and miss debris in your lane or scrub that speed off quickly if need be.... don't be upset you wasted your money on that loud heavy ugly thing... geesh, don't have such thin skin, raggin on my cause im from wv... like i haven't heard it all before. yes, we have running water and indoor "outhouses" noo, we actually do wear shoes here and our legs arn't uneven from standing on the hills, get a clue dude. anything i said in my post that made you respond the way you have wasn't a bash at you personally, im not trying to start any drama and i hope you're safe on your ride. we may have different opinions but are still fellow riders so don't think i'm trying to be a "tough guy" or think im always right. thought the OP was funny and added my thoughts. the harley crowd around here are obnoxious to say it lightly so thats why i posted what i did.

Great video :rofl: Everyone needs to take this for what it is, a funny video. Lots of peeps on here own Harley's. I like the look and ride with any bike. Rode yesterday with a guy on an M109R / black. Great looking ride.

I think it is only right that we all bust on each others bikes, it's good natured fun. We do the same thing with shotguns,automobiles, girlfriends, schools, states, towns, & all the important stuff. Depends on what I'm riding at the time... Not sure why we go right for the throats after that, protocol holds for a creative comeback. :laugh: I mean, if we all ride Busas we go after colors...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hilarious!

Sad thing is, same goes for plenty of sport bike riders in many ways. Which is STILL hilarious!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Great quotes:
HD: "Then...you are a communist a55hol3 who hates America and support terrorists."
Sport: Best Reply Ever: "You are an idiot." :rofl::rofl:

HD: In response to did you ride to Sturgis "On your bike?"
"I had my bike there." :rofl::rofl::

FYI: Ran out of room for the laughing smiley's.

Hi everyone! Old Blind Tom aka bjewell here.

Just got back from Sac Harley. Bunch of great bikes over there including an '02 Buell for $3200 I'm sorely tempted to buy. Rode over on the old FXST with the apes. In a black tee-shirt from Parco Harley-Davidson in Shibuya Tokyo, my beat-up novelty helmet, fingerless gloves, Red Wing engineer boots (original Made in USA version) and Ray Bans.

Saturday I'm going to ride out in the Sierra foothills on the Busa. With my full-face Arai, leather jacket and heavy gloves, and boots. Then I'll come home and play my Martin D-18A or my vintage Strat through the '64 Super Reverb. Tonight I'm gonna head over to The 5th String and play some Bluegrass. When I get home I'll finger pick some slide RobertJohnson tunes. See, I need a Kind Hearted Woman...

Boys, I'm fully featured. So naanner-naanner-naaaannner! -L-

And we could just as easily make that same video from the opposite direction. My buddy up the street Mark Brelsford (AMA Grand Champion two years running, and retired member of the Harley Wrecking Crew) and I meeting up with some preening little road monkeys in their Joe Rocket getups and their 600cc boy-wonder bikes.

"You guys are such old dorks with your V-Twin POS bikes!"
"You boys look like KY Jelly tubes in those droopy ass leathers."
"Harleys haven't changed in 100 years!"
"Your mother has a nice butt which is probably why your father Shawn married her." Etc, etc, etc, etc...

While Mark is running away from them on his bike -- a Suzuki V-Strom of all things -- I'll be kicking back with Brenda, the waitress at the Dead Fly Cafe thinking about maybe putting apes on the Busa and kicking out the front end a bit. Not really...

Ya'all have a good time now, ya hear?! -L-

Well played, sir. :) :thumbsup:

Back