Raised (NOT Lowered) The Rear

MikeSomething

Registered
Did this yesterday using "Soupy's" adjustable links. Brought it up 1" from stock height, and didn't touch the front.
I'm 6'7" and this MOD made me fall in love w/ my bike all over again...
Handles great, feels like a "normal" person on a "normal" bike.
My legs don't cramp much now at all! I'd strongly recommend this MOD to any people over 6'2" simply for the comfort. That is all. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Im only 6' but ive thought about doing this mod for handling. Ive heard that raising the rear helps in the turns? Any input?

Thanks

Im only 6' but ive thought about doing this mod for handling. Ive heard that raising the rear helps in the turns? Any input?
Thanks
It sure does. The only thing bad I guess, is because you raised the center of gravity w/ the bike u feel alil more wind at extremely high speeds. Even if you're only 6', they're ADJUSTABLE (threaded ends)... you can adjust em from stock to whatever suits u best man.

Last edited:
I raised the bike up an inch in the rear also. While I did enjoy the change in handling I didn't notice an increase in comfort. Raising the rear puts more weight my wrists, not so much that it bothers me but it is definitely noticeable. I would recommend this mod to anyone wanting sharper handling as I did not notice any change in stability.

link me, seriously I need to do this.

anyone raise the rear and stretch 4 or 5 inches???

Sorta, 18" wheel on an extended arm, kinda got me in the air a bit. I need some soupy's and adjust the front still, it sits weird now

SANY0939.jpg

I raised the bike up an inch in the rear also. While I did enjoy the change in handling I didn't notice an increase in comfort. Raising the rear puts more weight my wrists, not so much that it bothers me but it is definitely noticeable. I would recommend this mod to anyone wanting sharper handling as I did not notice any change in stability.

I did this too. +1 on the handling. It doesn't affect the relationship of your legs or body to the footpegs so I don't see how it would improve comfort for a tall person.

I did this too. +1 on the handling. It doesn't affect the relationship of your legs or body to the footpegs so I don't see how it would improve comfort for a tall person.

How do you know?

Maybe he welded the pegs to the swing arm.

:laugh:

cheers
ken

Is this a hard thing to do or do you need any special tools? :beerchug:

Not hard, no special tools. Just MAKE SURE you have someone or something to support the bike after you take the dog bones off. I wasn't thinking about the fact that the bike would lose its support when I took em off and she almost took a hard spill to the ground when I took em off. Thankfully I caught it before that happened. I was lowering mine, but it's the same procedure. Just make sure you have something to stabilize the bike and you'll be fine.

It doesn't affect the relationship of your legs or body to the footpegs so I don't see how it would improve comfort for a tall person.

I was thinking the same thing! Lowering or raising the bike on changes the amount of travel the rear wheel has. The footpegs are mount to the frame just as the tail section is, so nothing changes in regards to comfort while riding.

Scott

I raised mine. Felt an immediate improvement. I'm 6'6" and 245. That by itself caused me to bottom out my rear on hard spirited turns. If I go 2 up I am bottoming out at most every turn. And yes it does help the bike fit better for my height. You feel like your are hanging off a ledge for about 2 miles but once you adjust your frame of reference, the comfort is definitely noticeable.

And I also have to give a big thumbs up to BoB and Mr. BoB for offering to lend me a hand on it. I could not for the life of me get the original bolts to break loose. It got to the point that I was not feeling safe at all the torque I was placing on a bike suspended in the air.

He without hesitation, offered to help me out. Total stranger in a new town and he says come on over. I met he and BoB and I can't say enough about how they make you feel so glad to be a part of the Busa community. Had me fixed up in about 30 minutes and just wanted pictures.

Since then I went riding with he, his son and a friend and had a nice day with 3 riders I never knew. I am apparently the only Hayabusa they ever saw leave the ground with both wheels.

**shrug** Wait til I really want to do something cool.

Just want to do a public shout out to reinforce the good people we have here on this board.

I'm proud to know them.

Last edited:
I raised mine. Felt an immediate improvement. I'm 6'6" and 245. That by itself caused me to bottom out my rear on hard spirited turns. If I go 2 up I am bottoming out at most every turn. And yes it does help the bike fit better for my height. You feel like your are hanging off a ledge for about 2 miles but once you adjust your frame of reference, the comfort is definitely noticeable.

And I also have to give a big thumbs up to BoB and Mr. BoB for offering to lend me a hand on it. I could not for the life of me get the original bolts to break loose. It got to the point that I was not feeling safe at all the torque I was placing on a bike suspended in the air.

He without hesitation, offered to help me out. Total stranger in a new town and he says come on over. I met he and BoB and I can't say enough about how they make you feel so glad to be a part of the Busa community. Had me fixed up in about 30 minutes and just wanted pictures.

Since then I went riding with he, his son and a friend and had a nice day with 3 riders I never knew. I am apparently the only Hayabusa they ever saw leave the ground with both wheels.

**shrug** Wait til I really want to do something cool.

Just want to do a public shout out to reinforce the good people we have here on this board.

I'm proud to know them.

:laugh: Mr. B.O.B....I like that!

You big guys need to put stiffer springs in the front. The rake of the front has steepened some, accounting for the increase in the cornering feel. There is slightly more weight being applied to the front because of this. The bike is already undersprung, even for 200 pound riders, so it really is a must-do! Lamb has been running his bike like this since 2006. Try a 55 series tire along with the 1" risers and the correct front spring and scraping knee becomes harder and harder indeed.

Going on a hard twisty ride at the same pace as your buddies, getting to the break area and seeing 1" sissy strips on the side of your tires while your buddy on an r1 has rubber hanging off the edges is priceless.

Back