Wind Screen Issues on my Busa

Charlie Dont Surf

Registered
Just wondering if any vets have any opinions on wind screens for the Busa. I rode from Palm Harbor to Perry FL yesterday (around 400 miles rd trip) and the wind was an issue. Granted yesterday was above average cool and windy - but after over 8 hours of riding - I was beat like a rented mule. Currently I have a "Hot Bodies" after market wind screen on my 08. I'm 5' 10" so it’s not like I’m a Shaq on his bike. For reference my helmet is an Arai Corsair 7.

Any thoughts or advice are appreciated

Were you able to 'tuck' behind it at all to reduce the drag?

Some people swear by the double-bubble type. Lots of great reports on those. I use only the stock one, so my own experience is limited to that.

Good luck, and :welcome: to the board.

You are just a hair shorter than I am, 5'11". The stock screen put the wind right at my chest, the double bubble made riding so much more enjoyable.

I go back and forth between the skull and a double bubble. The DB really helps a great deal, and does not seem to slow down the top and as some have said on the Gen 1.

At 200mph I am blown away with the stock screen...but with the DB I only feel it on the top of my helmet telling me to get lower~!~

Helps quite a bit on the interstate also~!!~

6'1 tall

100_1254.jpg

100_1551.jpg

Thats why this place is awesome - just over 2 hours after posting a question I already get feed back from those in the know. :beerchug:

Yeah even tucking - i was layed out over the tank - the "Hot Bodies" wind screen just failed to perform. Though it looks great and compliments the bike well - its no good if your not enjoying the ride. Anything north of 110 mph on back roads I felt like a bobble head getting smacked around by the wind. In looking at Outlaw's pics - there seems to be a huge difference in the degree of wind protection and rake compared to what I have.

Thanks again - appreciate everyone taking the time.

Just installed a HotBodies double-bubble on my 2001 this afternoon... noticed more protection from the wind but the air going over the top of it was louder and more turbulent than with the stock screen.

PA200001 copy.jpg

Suzuki double bubble on my '08. Looks and works great, but slightly more expensive than puig or zero gravity.

I have a Suzuki Touring screen I'm willing to part with for $60 shipped, PP included. PM me if you want it. I can say it makes a huge difference over the stock screen, and it flows with the style of the Busa without looking like it was an afterthought. Besides, most people have a double-bubble. Be different. :thumbsup: I'm getting an MRA screen to replace it.

Just wondering if any vets have any opinions on wind screens for the Busa. I rode from Palm Harbor to Perry FL yesterday (around 400 miles rd trip) and the wind was an issue. Granted yesterday was above average cool and windy - but after over 8 hours of riding - I was beat like a rented mule. Currently I have a "Hot Bodies" after market wind screen on my 08. I'm 5' 10" so it’s not like I’m a Shaq on his bike. For reference my helmet is an Arai Corsair 7.

Any thoughts or advice are appreciated
I put a Puig double bubble on my 14....made a huge difference....and fit awesome. I think I'm going to put one on my busa as well :thumbsup:

I have a Zero Gravity ST series on mine. The one I had before resembled the double bubble thing. I'm 5'9" and I can sit straight up at 90mph without much wind at all. The screen is taller than the normal ones, but it doesnt look freakish.

DSC01934.jpg

DSC01949.jpg

it seems weird that Suzuki went through MANY wind tunnel tests to come up with the busa's shape with the stock windscreen and rider for over 200 mph. But so many have complained about the air turbulance without changing the stock windshield, something just doesn't jive?????

It's one thing to sit in a windtunnel or take a trip down the quarter mile..it's another thing all together to sit behind a stock screen for 4-5 or 600 miles, you'll get beat to death at speeds of 70 mph and up. I ran stock, Suzuki Touring and finally ZG Touring. I have done two trips from Ohio to Alabama, one to Indianapolis , one to Deals Gap and finally one to Daytona all this year. So far the ZG screen is the best but it isn't anything to write home about . I'd like to try the Vario that has a flipper to adjust the wind upwards. That might work. The Busa may be aerodynamic but coming back two weeks ago from Barber it rained almost all the way home. I got soaked twice with good rain gear on. The Busa fairing is good for speed not for comfort on long distance. Just my opinion..just sayin..no haters please. Wardie

i have the double bubble from zero gravity and it works great tooling around but noticed when i got to about 140mph the wind would beat the hell outta me (in a tuck).. i am 5'10" couldnt figure it out then switched back to stock windshield took it up on interstate (which was closed for my test run mind u) and took it to 140mph smooth as butter pused to 150mph still like glass, cracked it to 183 like silk. dont know whats up with my double bubble but now i know its that..

Back