Gen II vs Gen I fork spring rates

turbobusa2000

Registered
Does anyone know if there is a difference between the gen I and gen II spring rates in the forks, or for that matter any differences.

I'm sure the Gen II springs are stiffer from ridding a couple but I have not seen documentation on what the rates are on the Gen II.

per Race Tech's site

GenI (fork spring).850 kg/mm (shock spring)13.1 kg/mm

GenII (fork spring).930 kg/mm (shock spring)N/A

From the way i see it,not much of a difference not worth the effort

.950 springs make a big difference in a Gen I bike. I think the Gen I bikes are undersprung in the front unless the rider weighs 120 lbs.

per Race Tech's site

GenI (fork spring).850 kg/mm (shock spring)13.1 kg/mm

GenII (fork spring).930 kg/mm (shock spring)N/A

I have not seen any official info on the gen II spring rates. Would you mind sharing your source of info?

I also saw were the .93 was stock for Gen2

I also had my suspension setup by "Turn One Racing" at the track..

I am 240 + gear, they had to bottom my preload settings on the 1.10 spring to set for 25mm sag.. this really had a positive effect on the dive on hard braking as well..

Turn one for the track I was at is a 175 mph down to around 100 mph corner entry speed and takes substantial braking if you are going to over take on late braking.. I was just about bottoming out the tubes prior to the adjustment.. now running about 3/4 full compression

Is topping out the tubes on the long front straight however where elevation drops about 10' in about 100' (front tire leaves the ground)

I have been riding on the street with the same sag setting on the 1.10 and seems a bit stiff but easily do-able..

There's a difference. I've heard and have made comments about the Gen II front end being bouncy. I've been told the springs are different and you can feel it.

Thanks for the replys fellas. I bought a set of forks from a gen II that I'll be swapping on my Gen I. I really did it for the radial brakes and was hoping that the spring rate was a little stiffer. I also got a pair of the 09 gsxr 1000 monoblocs to put on too!

Dan

Back