I am sort of in shock...first interview not with USA?

Rush would tear him up. Rush has offered to give him advice and he avoids him.

:rofl:

Seriously, you're killing me.....:rofl:

OK, I'm sorry...no more political threads for me, if you promise not to make me laugh that hard again. I'm still cleaning up coffee...

OK, I'm sorry...no more political threads for me, if you promise not to make me laugh that hard again. I'm still cleaning up coffee...

I thought it was painkillers that Rush offered? ???

I thought it was painkillers that Rush offered? ???

I also have to ask, so what if his first interview is not with a US network? He did th einterview to support the deployment of his Special Envoy. Who do you recommend he address he address?

Unfortunately I think most of us have grown accustomed to our President doing interviews that have no purpose behind them, other than to defend his rather poor job performance. This is a President that is actually out there doing his job.

'99, I'm sorry, my post was rude. You seem like a good guy and these political threads are not usually very constructive.

'99, I'm sorry, my post was rude. You seem like a good guy and these political threads are not usually very constructive.
my question was sincere... you can take it any way you want but frankly, if I was just elected President of the United States, my FIRST speech would be one to the people I rule over and try to unify what 8 years of hate from one side had done to stratify the masses.. (or do you feel the years of hate speech from the liberal side had no effect on the country?)

Instead we go on to the Arab nation first? I really do not get it.. I think it is sort of like getting married and spending the first night at an Ex girlfriends for dinner... (you know so she would not feel so bad)

Maybe I am out in sticks on this but that is why I am asking for a "logical" answer... This really is not a left/right political thread, this is a tell me why thing...

or you can just bury the subject and call it a useless political thread...

His first speech was at the inauguration, and it was great. I wasn't referring to your question; it's an arguable position you take. My feelings are that political discussions cause more harm than good.

Inauguration is not a real speech... I did not watch it as I have not watched any of them, it is a political victory speech (in your face thing) and I do not like them..

And I suppose if the sharing of thoughts (as in a political thread) does more harm than good, then I suppose we should quash the "free speech" thing as it must not be working well...

you guys are really starting to worry me..

my question was sincere... you can take it any way you want but frankly, if I was just elected President of the United States, my FIRST speech would be one to the people I rule over and try to unify what 8 years of hate from one side had done to stratify the masses.. (or do you feel the years of hate speech from the liberal side had no effect on the country?)

Instead we go on to the Arab nation first? I really do not get it.. I think it is sort of like getting married and spending the first night at an Ex girlfriends for dinner... (you know so she would not feel so bad)

Maybe I am out in sticks on this but that is why I am asking for a "logical" answer... This really is not a left/right political thread, this is a tell me why thing...

or you can just bury the subject and call it a useless political thread...

No mattter what you do, you can never make a liberal see the light.

A special secret service force could come knocking at their door and remove all the guns from their house, take their first born and take their entire pay check in exchange for food vouchers and their reply would be the same.

"He has a plan".

"At least this is better than the last 8 years"

Trying to make a liberal see the light is like :banghead:

They wont see it even if it is blinding them. it really is sad

Last edited:

A special secret service force could come knocking at their door and remove all the guns from their house, take their first born and take their entire pay check in exchange for food vouchers and their reply would be the same.

"He has a plan".

Thanks, sort of what I was afraid of...

I guess phase 2 is going to be to quiet anyone that shows any difference of opinion.. (talk radio must be the next thing we will see clobbered huh? the president is saying bad things about talk show hosts that disagree with him, most un-nerving)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...h-Limbaugh-as-bipartisan-spirit-crumbles.html

I can not wait till I get my state approved clothes...

Last edited:

"He has a plan".

My point exactly. Thrasher, you're smarter than to think all "liberals" think alike, but a political discussion seems to dilute that knowledge. Perhaps we should see what happens to gun rights and our ability to be prosperous after any of his ideas take effect. Mr Bogus, I think it's Randy? You and I had a nice PM exchange about addiction, yet we are so far apart on Obama, it's like we're not speaking about the same person. You missed a great speech, inaugural or not, it was not "in your face" at all. It was about the future.

I need to talk about mods or something. I can't decide on the wheels....chrome or powdercoat....:whistle:

Last edited:
Inauguration is not a real speech... I did not watch it as I have not watched any of them, it is a political victory speech (in your face thing) and I do not like them..

And I suppose if the sharing of thoughts (as in a political thread) does more harm than good, then I suppose we should quash the "free speech" thing as it must not be working well...

you guys are really starting to worry me..

You probably should listen to it or read it before you judge it.

You probably should listen to it or read it before you judge it.
SS, or should I say SJ?

I do not listen to politicians, I read what the far left and far right publish so as to get the extremes to both sides and then build my own opinions on what is really going on.. I trust none of them any more than I trust a guy who is most intent on stealing my money or stealing power.. (the 2 prime reasons many go into politics in the first place)

Inauguration speeches are "victory" speeches and are built as such..

I watch actions far close than words.. were you aware that the order to fund abortions he signed is missing from the public records display on the white house web site? The order rescinded the ban of government funding of abortion.. This should help low income family's abort unwanted kids and turn them into fertilizer I suppose..

Not to say the sky is falling but you need to read closely the other executive order he signed in that essentially locks down national archives on presidential policy and records? Executive Order -- Presidential Records
This order hides the first one nicely...

Last edited:
I guess phase 2 is going to be to quiet anyone that shows any difference of opinion.. (talk radio must be the next thing we will see clobbered huh? the president is saying bad things about talk show hosts that disagree with him, most un-nerving)

Barack Obama picks a fight with Rush Limbaugh as bipartisan spirit crumbles - Telegraph

I can not wait till I get my state approved clothes...

Yes, I would agree it is a little disturbing. I dont think I ever remember hearing a president personally attack a media personality.

I mean for the most powerful person in the United States to personally attack someone in the media because that person disagrees with them. to me that is disturbing and a little immature. A president should be above that in my opinion.

SS, or should I say SJ?

I do not listen to politicians, I read what the far left and far right publish so as to get the extremes to both sides and then build my own opinions on what is really going on.. I trust none of them any more than I trust a guy who is most intent on stealing my money or stealing power.. (the 2 prime reasons many go into politics in the first place)

I watch actions far close than words.. were you aware that the order to fund abortions he signed is missing from the public records display on the white house web site? The order rescinded the ban of government funding of abortion.. This should help low income family's abort unwanted kids and turn them into fertilizer I suppose..

Not to say the sky is falling but you need to read closely the other executive order he signed in that essentially locks down national archives on presidential policy and records? Executive Order -- Presidential Records

Holly crap!! so the first thing he did was inact an order that prevents anyone in the public from knowing what he is doing? that is greatly disturbing.

Why would someone do that unless they plan on doing things that they plan on hiding.

And if you are going to do things you dont want anyone to know about, they probably are not things the general public would approve of.

wow

Holly crap!! so the first thing he did was inact an order that prevents anyone in the public from knowing what he is doing? that is greatly disturbing.

Why would someone do that unless they plan on doing things that they plan on hiding.

And if you are going to do things you dont want anyone to know about, they probably are not things the general public would approve of.

wow
I read this order and yes that is essentially what it "can" do... Have you ever had a woman you love greatly walk up to you and go "We need to talk".. that wash that comes over your body? that is what I felt...

I hope I am misunderstanding what he is up too...

SS, or should I say SJ?

I am certainly not here to fight with you nor try to be offensive, but your asertation pertaining to the Executive Order you cite is flat out wrong. In fact by issuing that EO President Obama actually made records more accessable because it also included Vice Presidential records.

President Bush's Executive Order 13233 limited access to the records of former United States Presidents. It was drafted by then White House Counsel Alberto Gonzales and issued by President George W. Bush on November 1, 2001. Section 13 of Order 13233 revoked Executive Order 12667 which was issued by Ronald Reagan on January 18, 1989.

The Order was partially struck down in October 2007, and President Barack Obama completely revoked it by executive order on January 21, 2009, his first full day in office.

I think you are probably a good guy but you do yourself a dis-service by, as you say, only looking\reading information from the extremes. Much of what is put out there is done to generate dissent so as to draw listenership to pay the bills. It is much better to look to the source of the information, then do a little background research. The EO you cite is a prime example. It took only a couple minutes to see that you had it twisted a little.

You are right, unfortunately, it seems in the recent past that Presidential Speeches have been more about political crap that actual content. It is too bad that you don't give a listen to some of what is being said then judge based upon the actions taken.

As for your comments on abortion I really think that is a way to emotional issue to discuss here.

Thanks for the thoughtful discussion.

SS, or should I say SJ?

Executive Order -- Presidential Records

Obama must have missed that memo. Do yourself a favor and listen to the speech. By the way, the inauguaral speech is much more of a speech than the interview that you refer to with this thread.

I'm not an attorney but I think this basically rescinds Bush's order pertaining to how long a president has to review information before it's released. Bush had a no time limit rule which Obama changed to 30 days. If it has any effect, it will make information more available...

Dang it Randy, you've got me in one of these dadburn discussions again....:banghead:

Read:
(b) upon the passage of 30 days after receipt by the incumbent and former presidents of a notice of intent to disclose presidential records, the archivist may disclose the records covered by the notice, unless during that time period the archivist has received a claim of executive privilege by the incumbent or former president
reading further on, it essentially locks down all presidential records by the archivist and leaves it at the presidents discretion whether they will ever be available.. This would appear in direct conflict with the FIA...

All seems to be too controversial now that a different president is now in the seat..

This seems all pretty coincidental that he is attacking anyone that does not agree (Rush for instance) and that he is doing things behind closed doors that are so emotionally charged (public funding of abortion.. should this not be out in the opne?)

Last edited:
Read:
reading further on, it essentially locks down all presidential records by the archivist and leaves it at the presidents discretion whether they will ever be available.. This would appear in direct conflict with the FIA...

All seems to be too controversial now that a different president is now in the seat..

This seems all pretty coincidental that he is attacking anyone that does not agree (Rush for instance) and that he is doing things behind closed doors that are so emotionally charged (public funding of abortion.. should this not be out in the opne?)

Brother you are way out in left field on this Executive Order issue. Please take a second and do a little research on what the issuance of the EO by President Obama actually did and how it recinded President Bush's EO 13233 which actually limited access to Presidential and Vice Presidential Records.

This is what was said about President Bush's issuing of EO 13233:

"The Society of American Archivists and the American Library Association were critical of the president's exercise of executive power by issuing EO 13233. They claimed that the action "violates both the spirit and letter of existing U.S. law on access to presidential papers as clearly laid down in 44 U.S.C. § 2201–2207," noting that the order "potentially threatens to undermine one of the very foundations of our nation."

John Wertman, a member of the former President Bill Clinton's White House staff, wrote an op-ed piece critical of the executive order that appeared in The Washington Post on February 26, 2006. Wertman asserted that Order 13233 "represents a wholesale change in the way the federal government preserves and promotes our national public memory." He also included a quote from former President Gerald Ford on the topic: "I firmly believe that after X period of time, presidential papers, except for the most highly sensitive documents involving our national security, should be made available to the public, and the sooner the better." "

Last edited:
Back