Tobin Group Buy

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
Would anyone be interested in a Tobin seat group buy. Let me know. If we can get enough people interested, I will approach them with an offer.

maybe a little closer to Christmas? Could be a present to "ourselves" or significant others?

lurk.gif

Im in. I emailed him three times in the past three weeks and no response. If you hear from him. Im in. Can he do custom (non kanji) logos on the sides?

I believe he can do any logo you have while you send it to him, I will check.

Tobin does absolutely great work. You can check out my thread of lots of designs Link no longer works or the Pashnit website .

I'm in if someone can offer up an experience with some good service from them here lately. I along with a few members arn't getting a very good response/reply from him. I've been trying for a month (email/phone) to finaize an order form before sending in and nothing. I know the work is good... business must be great.

beerchug.gif

I recall reading that the seats are a sideline business for Tobin & his wife, both having other full time jobs/careers, this would explain the delay in customer response & turnaround time. Being a self-employed one man operation I can surely relate to this, do you spend 4-8 hours a day talking to customers, returning phone calls & e-mails or do you spend it on production finishing orders that have already been placed, that's a no-brainer there folks.

Several months ago I attempted to contact them to get material/thread/color samples in order to make a final decision and it did take several e-mails and a couple weeks but Tobin's wife did finally contact me and sent out the samples. I never did get around to placing my order but am ready to do so now and would definetly be interested in a group buy. I would suggest that someone continue attempting to contact them to insure that their seat business is still in operation. Has anyone else recently had a seat done by them?

I recall reading that the seats are a sideline business for Tobin & his wife, both having other full time jobs/careers, this would explain the delay in customer response & turnaround time.  Being a self-employed one man operation I can surely relate to this, do you spend 4-8 hours a day talking to customers, returning phone calls & e-mails or do you spend it on production finishing orders that have already been placed, that's a no-brainer there folks.

Several months ago I attempted to contact them to get material/thread/color samples in order to make a final decision and it did take several e-mails and a couple weeks but Tobin's wife did finally contact me and sent out the samples.  I never did get around to placing my order but am ready to do so now and would definetly be interested in a group buy.  I would suggest that someone continue attempting to contact them to insure that their seat business is still in operation.  Has anyone else recently had a seat done by them?
Absolutely correct. It is one of those sideline businesses that could be a full-time one on its own. Hang in there if you haven't heard back from him.

I recall reading that the seats are a sideline business for Tobin & his wife, both having other full time jobs/careers, this would explain the delay in customer response & turnaround time.  Being a self-employed one man operation I can surely relate to this, do you spend 4-8 hours a day talking to customers, returning phone calls & e-mails or do you spend it on production finishing orders that have already been placed, that's a no-brainer there folks.
Couldnt he run the business after hours and email/surf the web during work like the rest of us?
laugh.gif

Back