5 day luggage

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
going on a 5-7 day road trip, need luggage suggestion for the busa

that looks nice might want to consider a tank bag too kinda nice to lean on on long trips and ya can keep the small stuff handy up front ya might also want to take a look at oxford sports linky
smile.gif

Thanks guys those were some great links. I am liking what I have been seeing so far.

Question: How well do those magnetic tank bags hold?

Any name brand tank bag + Ventura Luggage Rack!

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135973776 -->

su017.jpg

Carry on with a cargo net. Take your oldest shorts, tees & socks & use them to clean & lube your chain every day then throw them away.

I have a suzuki tank bag I bought from onieda suzuki and I can cary a weeks worth of clothes in it.

I like the Humpback series from Oxford. Contured for sportbikes, heatshields, wont scratch bike, lifetime warranty, Excellent zippers, high quality material, and expandable. I can store enough clothes & personal items on board for a good 10 day trip. They alsmo make a tailpack if you need more room. The picture below aint the best, but it shows the Humpback Panniers & Tankbag, and as you can see the reflective stuff really works on the bags, had to take about 12 pictures just to get one that didnt blind the photo from the reflective material.

www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

Edited to add the following: The Oxford tank bag is magnectic, and also comes with a real nice strap you can put around the outside of the steering stem. As far as Magnets go, these things are Unreal strong. The bag with the Magnets alone aint comming off unless you take them off...Not sure about speeds over 200mph, but hey if your doing those speeds, I dont think a tank bag would be something you would have on anyways.

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135901940 -->

Again, thanks for all the great suggestions.  I am trying to get my stuff squared away for a trip this summer.  Going to ride from PA down to Deals Gap and from cut over to the coast line in SC and then head up the Blue Ridge Parkway and take it up through VA and then head back home.  
smile.gif
 Should be a pretty nice trip if the weather works out well.

So I will be carrying clothes + a rain suit and beach wear as well.  Guess I can always pack really light and do laundry at a hotel.

Valium,

how tall are you and does the tank bag get in the way of your arms or chest when reaching for the bars? I am not the tallest at 5'9" and want to make sure the bag does not end up in my way. Also, are you able to see the speedo or anything?

<!--EDIT|sccrvettel82
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135921497 -->

Valium,

how tall are you and does the tank bag get in the way of your arms or chest when reaching for the bars?  I am not the tallest at 5'9" and want to make sure the bag does not end up in my way.  Also, are you able to see the speedo or anything?
Im 5'11" - The tank bag does not get in the way at all. Now if I expand it, to put an extra helmet in it, yes it will obstruct part of the instrument pannel, but Im guessing that would be an issue with any tank bag that expands large enough to hold a helmet. Otherwise, no obstruction of any of the gauges. You can also place the bag where you want on the tank, so as to modify its position to accomadate your riding style. I can't quite get into a full tuck with the bag on the tank, as part of my helmet will encounter the bag, but thats a real aggressive tuck.

Oxford is not cheap - quality or price. But I truly believe you get what you pay for in most products. If I didnt think this is the best tank bag out there I wouldnt have opened my mouth and recommend it to a forum member. However, there are other nice systems out there, some cost less and some cost more...but for the $$$ I think Oxford is great quality. If ya want some better pictures shoot me a pm and I can take some when i got some time. Anyhow, I hope this info helps ya out a little, and let me know if I can answer any other questions about the Oxford setup.

Edit: I should state I do have Long Arms...so your results could vary, but I have had no issues at all.

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135923337 -->

I have Suzuki soft bags and I went on a 10 day trip this last summer with those bags and a roll type bag that I strapped to the back seat. I had plenty of room and packed stuff I never even used including rain gear. If a girl can do it so can you? LOL!!!!

If you got the bucks get some corbin beetle bags!
I have the corbins....and they alone will not suffice for 5~7 day trips, unless you plan on doing the laundry.
3~5 day trips at best.
My 6 day outing occupied my bags, a backpack and a tankbag.... especially if you pack rain gear and extra set of shoes.

There is another member here that has the setup I would like...the corbins & ventura setup together.....

VENTURA LUGGAGE RACK LINK
I face mine to the rear and its nice to know this will never make contact with your bike so you don't have to worry about scratches....

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135973954 -->

Back