Bell Star helmet

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
I got my new Bell Star helmet today! In one word...Excellent. This is by far the best helmet I've ever had! I've been wearing Shoei's for over a decade and I love them too. I was going to buy the new Shoei X-12, but I'm glad I went with the Bell.
Bell's been making great MX helmets for years(had em and loved em), I've also had a couple cheap Bell street helmets over the years that were good. The Star blows them away.
Bell helmets was bought out years ago, and the new owners(or folks in control)just went with selling cheaper helmets. Bell is back in the last couple years and out to make top of the line helmets again. They have definately done it with the Star.
I wear a large Shoei, and I can wear a medium. The large Star was like a bucket on my head, the medium fits like a glove. I got the large last week from wwwRevzilla.com, they emailed me a return invoice and I got the medium a week to the day. I've had to return wrong sizes to them before and it's hassle free. They're great to deal with.
I also got the photocramatic sheild, it's like transitions lenses for eye glasses. It's clear, but goes all the way to full black depending on lighting. No more changing sheilds! It adjusts very quickly too!
The helmet bag that comes with it is very good as well, it has a nice zipped sheild bag inside too. Everything is high quality.
The helmet has round foam inserts behind the liner that are removeable for headphones for music or communication. The liner is removeable/washable. The chin skirt and breathe guard are removeable.
The venting is exceptional, as advertised it does not blow air into your mouth, it directs it around your face.
I tried my best to fog the sheild with my breathe with the vents opened and closed, I could not get any fog to appear on the sheild at all, not even for 1 second. It's DOT and Snell rated.
Wind noise is less than my Shoei also. I'm not claiming it's a super quiet helmet, but I don't consider it noisy at all. I wear earplugs unless it's a short ride anyway(didn't wear any in the Star yet).
Mine is the carbon fiber with the matte finish, it looks more of a cf color in the pics because of the flash, it's closer to a matte black finish, which I prefer.
If I had to find anything to gripe about it would be that it only weighs one ounce less than my Shoei(I weighed them), I was expecting less. It's really a non issue though to me though. Personally, this is the best looking, feeling, and functioning helmet I've ever worn or owned.
I would 100% recommend it. If you buy from Revzilla too, there's no risk. If it doesn't suite your head shape, just send it back, no hassle.
Now, if the org will act right, I'll post the pics, and it will only let me post one picture per post for some reason too.
So they are coming.

Ok, so now the entire toolbar is gone! No way for me to even try to post pics!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
When the org decides to act right again(whenever that may be) I'll post them up.

Ahem. No excuses. You know better than this. :worthless:
You WILL find a way to make it work! :laugh:

I'm trying.

SDC10329.jpg

More to come, inside, more angels, and the bag too.
The stupid org keeps saying each new pic is a duplicate post and it's re directing me.
I've lost patience and have some stuff to do, I'll try again later. Sorry.

Looks good! is that with the other shield you said you ordered?
Yep, it looks like a normal clear sheild until the sun hits it, then it will tint all the way up to full black, or where ever in between.
I can't belive it's taken this long for the technology to make it to helmet sheilds. I've been waiting for it ever since I first saw auto tinting eyeglasses.
The sheild was sold seperately, but it was what made me decide to give Bell another try, and I'm so glad I did. For me personally, there isn't a better helmet.

Sweet helmet.

My 1st helmet was a Bell Aero Star. Was a great helmet for 1989-90. Very well made helmet for its time.
KGrHqVi0E5eeJm9SbBObTIdtfg60_12.jpg

Back