My 99's makeover in progress

moloko

Banned
A buddy of mine is painting my bike for me, and I'm helping... somewhat hehe. Been rewiring a bunch of stuff, exhaust should be here soon. GSXR 1k tail and subframe came today, gonna fab the brackets for it.. dunno when, soonish? He'll be here next weekend with a trailer to pick up whats left of the bike sitting in my garage.
Before:
2010-09-12192252.jpg

The concept:
bef28814.jpg

The progress:
Bye bye volt meter..
520e574e.jpg

ca46f1a8.jpg

5d9e1964.jpg

75a8e2ed.jpg

b65cf42b.jpg

64813e6b.jpg

I'll be updating this as it moves along. Sooooooo excited!

My frames now flat black and your concept picture just sold me on the rearsets black as well:thumbsup:

Dont know why man but your garage looks cool, something about it

Wasn't exacting sure what you did on the inner panels ( arm rest ) but they look good when sanded flat.

Wasn't exacting sure what you did on the inner panels ( arm rest ) but they look good when sanded flat.

It had a voltage gauge that I decided to get rid of. The other holes are BMW style power ports, and the toggle for heated grips which I'm keeping. So it's the progress of plastic welding that hole closed.

Got some random stuff done, nothing substantial or picture worthy yet, just boring paint prep. Pulled the exhaust and pair system, installed block off plates.

Pretty budget build. I just ordered the last bit of parts I need for the project, so spending is over... for now. I'm sure something will come up. After selling the corbin beetle bags I'm 1100 bucks into it, including steering damper, exhaust, new tail... everything, and of course the trade out I'm doing for all the prep / paint / fabrication work.

Got a rough test spray out panel done, just to play with color values with the candy and how well it looked next to the black. The black, although you can't see it in this photo has black chrome flake in it.

Excuse the crappy cell pictures.

9144a8f8.jpg

And I thought I'd also post the work I'm trading out, it's a long long way from finished but it's getting there.

It's a crazy skeleton guy with old skool welding goggles taking an oxy torch to a pocket watch (killing time) with some molten sparky stuff flying all over.

A skull clad DA sander, and a saw-zall made of bones. Got some room under his arm near the pit area I think we're gonna do an air brush or a paint gun.

There's an english wheel in there somewhere too, didn't get a good shot of it though.

He's a welder, fabricator, painter, with out enough time in a day to get everything done, so that's the theme.

Again, forgive the crap cell phone pictures:

8f22a077.jpg

bb40c508.jpg

d7ed5064.jpg

149336e9.jpg

8859a9a2.jpg

d32699bd.jpg

d8d28e11.jpg

e286e12a.jpg

That 99 in the first pic looks MINT,what made you decide to do a "makeover" on such a nice looking 1st year Bus????

That 99 in the first pic looks MINT,what made you decide to do a "makeover" on such a nice looking 1st year Bus????

It was in fantastic shape. Few rock chips here an there. No Idea what possesed me to do it, I was gonna buy a track bike this year.

Guess I just can't leave anything alone.

Small update,

The spray out panel in the sunlight because I freakin LOVE this color:
be27ffe6.jpg

593a77b6.jpg

Still need to finish the lower supports, but it's comming along:

91aa0673.jpg

d7c64657.jpg

cd906dbc.jpg

Plastics are just sitting on there, no fasteners so they're a bit off from where they will actually be.

Was supposed to do another session on the tattoo today, but I'm sick. It hurts everywhere. So, he's gonna work on the bike instead. The hardware I ordered hasn't shown up, and he was supposed to drop the old exhaust and take the new exhaust this weekend, so the tail can't really get finished without that happening.

Hate setbacks and being sick!! And its getting nice out and I miss my bike!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Back