Just joined the tipover club.

majestic12

Hunting Kawasakis
Donating Member
Registered
I have careful with my bike for the last year and a half. The tipover happened. Not sure why the kickstand didn't do it's job I always park with the nose pointed up hill to stop this from happening.

MY QUESTION is this:
When I finaly got the bike picked up I noticed two wet spots. One Fuel and the other was oil. Is this normal for a tip over? Did it come out the beather tube that comes through the belly wing? It stayed on it's side for a few minutes until my Watchcomander happened to come out and the guy I am trainning walked by to help pick it up.

I need to take it home three miles today I and I want to make sure I won't hurt it.

As long as its not leaking while in the up position you should be OK just check before you get on it this evening.

It should be ok. Check for leaks. I don't know about the Gen 2s but the Gen 1s needed to have the kickstand mod done or she was going to go down soner or later

Nope no kickstand mod. I guess I will do it. scrached the stator cover as expeted. Woodcraft here I come. Should have got in on that group buy.

The frame sliders did there job wonderfuly. The only places that touched the ground were the wheels, left peg, and frame slider.

I tried to catch it but I couldn't so I attempted to leg squat 575 pounds. My leg is telling me I did a bad thing.

The mirror touched and folded in the middle so I Just had to put it back in place.

Sorry to hear, it is a tramatizing experience to watch your Busa go down for a nap. I did the kickstand mod but you still have to be careful, I did mine and it still fell over. I put the stand down, touch the ground and still pull it backwards to make sure. Just call me paranoid!

Sorry to hear, it is a tramatizing experience to watch your Busa go down for a nap. I did the kickstand mod but you still have to be careful, I did mine and it still fell over. I put the stand down, touch the ground and still pull it backwards to make sure. Just call me paranoid!

Yes, that would be heartbreaking to watch alright.
But the question bears asking.. Did you roll it forward until ALL the slack was out of the driveline, before you set it on the pushed COMPLETELY forward, against the stop, kickstand?
If you do this, there is NO way (edit: without help from an outside source) your bike can fall off of the kickstand, even parked pointed downhill.

Last edited:

+1 every bike I have ever had that has been my going away move.
As I walk away I tug on grab bar backward to make sure shes set.
I'm lucky though as I live in Florida with no hills.

Very sorry for the tip over but happy to hear not much damage was done..

Link for Kickstand mod as it does make a diff and lets it sit a bit farther over,
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/appearance-mods/25882-must-do-kick-stand-mod.html

Last edited:
But the question bears asking.. Did you roll it forward until ALL the slack was out of the driveline, before you set it on the pushed COMPLETELY forward, against the stop, kickstand?
If you do this, there is NO way (edit: without help from an outside source) your bike can fall off of the kickstand, even parked pointed downhill.
+1 if this is done it's not going over.

+1000!

I have never had any of my bikes fall over parking that the same way.

Very sorry about the tipover. I know how you feel.

I was getting ready to go to work and put the kickstand down, turned my back and felt something heavy on my leg. My bike was going down. Scratched the mirror, broke the clutch lever, and scratched the engine guard. I was so pissed. I just rolled the bike around the back and drove the truck to work.

When mine fell over it was my fault, had started the bike and started to roll it out of garage and got distracted, stopped set it back on the stand and didn't make sure it was secure. Now I make darn sure, park it so it on a backward incline against a curb or I leave it in 1st gear and take all the slack out before setting it down. Still have a dent under the tank bra, no one can see it but I know its there.

Back