AZ RIDERS: MURDER of multiple riders on the 74

roadthing

Warren D. is my co-pilot
Donating Member
Registered
I hate reading posts like this, and I abhor making them myself, but I feel that this is important. This is some absolutely horrible breaking news. If you ride in AZ, you know AZ Bike Week is coming, so be extra careful.

Without any real information, I am guessing that this group of riders was stopped at a light when the truck slammed into them. Initial reports are saying 10 motorcycles, with five fatalities were involved in this "accident" (read: murder).

EVERYONE that rides: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be careful out there. THis might give some of us pause to think about situational awareness when we ride. You may want to consider including the practice of keeping your bike in first gear when you are at a light or a stop sign.

3 dead in north Phoenix motorcycle crash

From AZ Central:

At least three people were dead after a dump truck collided with several motorcycles at 27th Drive and Carefree Highway.

Video from motorcycle crash scene

According to initial reports, about 20 motorcyclists were stopped at a stop light when the large truck apparently hit some of them from behind, Daisy Mountain Fire Department spokesman Phil Dyer said. Three bodies were still under the truck.

At least six more were taken to local hospitals, one of them being a Phoenix firefighter, Dyer said.

After the truck hit the motorcycles, the truck burst into flames and hit a sports-utility vehicle, a pickup and a sedan. No one from any of those vehicles was injured, Dyer said.

The driver of the garbage truck was not injured. The Carefree Highway was expected to be closed for several hours.

The collision is still under investigation.

I for one am sickened. Total criminal negligence on the truck driver's part. He didn't just hit 10+ bikes, but also a S.U.V.

Capital punishment, anyone?

I for one am sickened. Total criminal negligence on the truck driver's part. He didn't just hit 10+ bikes, but also a S.U.V.

Capital punishment, anyone?

Wow, I suppose guilty until proven innocent is your view?

Sucks that this happend, but we take the risk everyday riding in the streets with these cagers.

Man o' man...I am sickened by that tragic news.

Prayers to the families & friends of all involved.

Sucks that this happend, but we take the risk everyday riding in the streets with these cagers.

In some cases, I am of the opinion that there are NO shades of gray.

Sad Story for sure. Bad day anywhere a fellow motorcyclist loses his/her life.

A very good point on awareness at stop lights. I keep it in first and check my mirrors as cars approach and leave me an out if i have to bolt out of the way.

I hate reading posts like this, and I abhor making them myself, but I feel that this is important. This is some absolutely horrible breaking news. If you ride in AZ, you know AZ Bike Week is coming, so be extra careful.

Without any real information, I am guessing that this group of riders was stopped at a light when the truck slammed into them. Initial reports are saying 10 motorcycles, with five fatalities were involved in this "accident" (read: murder).

EVERYONE that rides: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be careful out there. THis might give some of us pause to think about situational awareness when we ride. You may want to consider including the practice of keeping your bike in first gear when you are at a light or a stop sign.

3 dead in north Phoenix motorcycle crash

From AZ Central:

At least three people were dead after a dump truck collided with several motorcycles at 27th Drive and Carefree Highway.

Video from motorcycle crash scene

According to initial reports, about 20 motorcyclists were stopped at a stop light when the large truck apparently hit some of them from behind, Daisy Mountain Fire Department spokesman Phil Dyer said. Three bodies were still under the truck.

At least six more were taken to local hospitals, one of them being a Phoenix firefighter, Dyer said.

After the truck hit the motorcycles, the truck burst into flames and hit a sports-utility vehicle, a pickup and a sedan. No one from any of those vehicles was injured, Dyer said.

The driver of the garbage truck was not injured. The Carefree Highway was expected to be closed for several hours.

The collision is still under investigation.

Wow surprised the guy didn't have some kind of medical emergency for him to hit so many vehicles.

if you run into a stationary vehicle, yea, it's your fault. in every state. i don't think it's too much to ask that drivers pay fricking attention to what's in front of them, especially when driving a huge truck.

Jesus just when you think you have seen it all :-(

Redlights are probably the most nervous I get when riding not to mention I have a bad habit of putting it in neutral.:banghead:

Can you imagine how the driver of the dump truck feels right now knowing he snuffed a bunch of people due to his oversight? May God have mercy on all of these poor souls...

What a dumb assed thing to say..................Do you actually believe the truck driver was innocent? Or do you want to blame it on the bikers for being there?

Back