2hip's operation overkill.

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
more pics will be following tonight, but here are 2 quick snaps of the first fire up of his 55 watt double bixenon retrofit for his K8. i can't describe the intensity of this setup. it's retarded. easily twice as bright as my old setup, and i'll be borrowing a much better camera to snap some pics tonight. it looks like a single beam, just because the lights are lined up soooo close to each other.

0129001137.jpg

0129001138.jpg

ok, i'm at the point that i could put the whole thing back together, but i don't know what color to paint the upper bezel. i want to paint match it to the red that 2hip is painting the accents in his bike, i think it would look sick. another option would be black. what do you guys think?

you might fry a cagers retina with that setup. i like the black paint for a subtle look on the bezel but red would work if it's not overdone. :beerchug:

wow thats bright.....definetely got me beat. I would like to see it in person but you're a few thousand miles away....maybe you could go outside and shine it up in the sky and I'll watch for it:rofl:

ok, i'm at the point that i could put the whole thing back together, but i don't know what color to paint the upper bezel. i want to paint match it to the red that 2hip is painting the accents in his bike, i think it would look sick. another option would be black. what do you guys think?

Id go with red, just make sure its the EXACT same red, so it blends in and just the lights themselves get the attention. Very well done:bowdown:

it's focused/clean because the headlight consists of two projector units, rather than using reflectors. i'm using HID's in housings that were DESIGNED for HID bulbs. makes a big difference in final output

here are the night shots. the house in the first pic is about 75-100 feet away. beam width at that distance is ~75-100 feet.

second pic is my buddy's toyota, around 50 feet from the light, closeup of beam pattern

hehe, high beam

up close and up above the light

the purple hue that oncoming traffic will likely see

and lastly, my shirt at about 40 feet, shows a nice closeup of the cutoff. that's both beams on my shirt.

i also snapped a closeup against the garage in pic one, looked just like the cutoff against the truck. not sure what happened to that pic tho.

0129001823.jpg

0129001823a.jpg

0129001823b.jpg

0129001824.jpg

0129001826.jpg

0129001826a.jpg

Last edited:
let me get this straight, because you are using hid bulbs for hid housings, this should give off a correct light output like a normal car equipped with this setup? why i ask is because i would think that it wouldn't affect the oncoming drivers/riders if it is adjusted correctly like the autos that come with this setup from the factory i.e. bmw & lexus.

Back