Please Help! Front stand

Speednut

Registered
So I received my new front fork stand from redline stands. I put it under the front forks. Stock height bike. Rear stand is already used and up. When I put the front stand near its mount points, the stems on top of the arms of the stand are only about a quarter inch long. They dont grab barely at all onto the forks. If I apply and pressure to make the front end lift, those are gonna slip out since they are BARELY contacting the holes underneath the forks, and the bike will slam down onto my front fender. Am I doing something incorrectly? Or did I receive the wrong stand? I have no idea what to do. Thanks for any replies guys

Wish I could help, I have a different type stand, But I assure you someone will be here soon.

Are these stems you talk about at the top of the arms Bolts? I had the same trouble.
Replaced with longer bolts and used a Jam nut to make stronger
hope this helps

should have google the stand first..... looks like the pins are long enough.....
not like mine at all...... will let other chime in.

SwivelRearSpoolPowderCoated-small[1].jpg

I did do some research on the stand before buying. Redline is very much recommended on this site, and their product seems well made. The stems are not bolts, so they cant be made longer. About bolt diameter though. Has no one else had this problem? I am positive I cant be the only one with this issue. gmmech I will try posting up a few pictures. let me see if i can get out there and snap a few.

I would give Ian a shout and talk to him from what I hear he stands behind his product 100% so I bet he woud make it right. :thumbsup:

So, for anyone else who has a redline front stand for your hayabusa, is your stem that short? Or is it longer? Or is there something else I am doing incorrectly?

Yeah rubbertoburn, if all else fails, I will try giving him a ring. I just didnt want to bother anyone if I could receive an answer here that's all. Gonna give it a little bit and see what I can come up with.

That looks exactly like the pictures on the redline website. I don't see the problem. Does it not go into place when you start to raise it? In the pictures it looks like it will go just fine. Does it not grab the edge of the hole, or are you just scared that it's gonna come off once lifted?

gmmech, its barely barely grabs the edge of the hole. i thought maybe if it was even a quarter inch longer, it would grab much better, and wouldnt hurt anything once in place. i think once into position, it should hold fine. but then when lowering, its gonna snap out too soon. Thats if it even holds enough for the lift phase :( do you have one of these front stands? has it worked ok?

I have a vortex front stand that lifts from the tripple tree. I was just judging by the pics. If it grabs it at all it shouldn't slip. The farther you lift the more it's going to go into the hole so you should be fine. And on the way back down it shouldn't pop out before you get it down. Remember you have roughly 239lb (half the weight of the bike) resting on that. That's a lot of tension to hold it in place. I was VERY leary about using mine the first time and did the same thing you are. I started a thread asking all kinds of questions about it and if it was going to be stable and all that because I was just as paranoid as you. I don't see a company with as good a reputation as redline making something that doesn't work the way it's supposed to. It says on the website that it works with the busa, so I wouldn't worry about it. Give it a try, go slow, and I bet you won't have any trouble.

I have a Suzuki front stand, and as you can see by the picture, it is a little over a quarter inch too.

tlr6.jpg

Forgot to mention that mine doesn't grab the hole in the bottom of the triple tree very much either, but it falls right in place once you start lifting and it's fine when coming back down. Doesn't drop just sets down how it should.

I have a vortex front stand that lifts from the tripple tree. I was just judging by the pics. If it grabs it at all it shouldn't slip. The farther you lift the more it's going to go into the hole so you should be fine. And on the way back down it shouldn't pop out before you get it down. Remember you have roughly 239lb (half the weight of the bike) resting on that. That's a lot of tension to hold it in place. I was VERY leary about using mine the first time and did the same thing you are. I started a thread asking all kinds of questions about it and if it was going to be stable and all that because I was just as paranoid as you. I don't see a company with as good a reputation as redline making something that doesn't work the way it's supposed to. It says on the website that it works with the busa, so I wouldn't worry about it. Give it a try, go slow, and I bet you won't have any trouble.

239 lbs ??? a stock Gen1 weighs in at about 556 lbs wet...and most of that weight is on the front end :poke:

thanks so much guys. im gonna go take it slow, and try it out. I will let you know in a minute (fingers and toes crossed)

If you can, put some moving blankets or something soft on either side of the bike when lifting for the first time. If it goes over, maybe having something soft for the bike to fall on will help.

You have to really be careful, that's my experience. Front rotors bend very easily, so take great care.

Back