Do you use a tank bag?

hemi

Registered
Curious how many of you guys use a tank bag, or use a backpack instead? Not talkin about saddlebags or rear luggage, just somethin to hold the smaller daily items when out on a ride.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Every day as a matter o fact! I have 2, small JR Manta for buzzing around and a Cortech 14 L which I use for the daily commute. I hate carrying a backpack. I don't like the feeling of it on while riding (restricts movement, constant distraction and it was hot).
When the time is right and the cash is available, I'll be investing in one of those Third Wheel Trailers for some serious travel!

Yep, just about everyday I use a tank bag and somedays a backpack too. I don't like riding with a backpack if it can be avoided. I use a Cortech 21L almost exclusively although I have Smaller Nelson Rig that I use some.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308913026.132217.jpg

I have a Marsee tank bag (magnetic with a tether strap) that I have used for years on several different bikes. It's become a standard piece of equipment.

yup, honda tank bag i've had for 10 yrs

i keep a zip lock bag in there, in case it rains i put all my cell and wallet in there. keep my paperwork in there in a zip lock too

an my toll tag

Tank bag..for sure!!:thumbsup: actually i have this bag that my wife bought for me i have it for sale...pm me an offer....???

Bag-2.jpg

Bag-4.jpg

Bag-6.jpg

I've done some 400-700 mile trips and must say - a backpack is not fun for that long - even if it is light.

i use a Joe Rocket Manta, perfect size for camera, wallet, sunglasses, clear glasses, cell phone, and a couple other small items :beerchug:

IMG_6622 (Large).jpg

I have 4. Two Joe Rocket Mantas (one small one, and one bigger one) one older Teknic one, and just bought a Nelson Rigg CL-350 on closeout that is pretty good size (expands to 27 liters!!!)

Hardly ever leave home without a tank bag. Black bike no scratches. Just keep the bag and your tank clean and you are golden. :beerchug:

I have three that I use, depending on how long the ride is.

1) Joe Rocket Manta - great for carrying a few things.

2) Rapid Transit Recon 19 - much larger. I've carried a change of clothes and toiletries for an overnight trip!

3) An old 2 piece Joe Rocket expandable bag - I bought this bag back in 2005 and have used it (along with a small tail bag) for long weekend trips! I've carried my laptop and it's accessories along with some clothes with room to spare. Great to 'rest' on during a long ride!!

Back