Euro Headlight Switch - Install on 02-07?

Busashot

Registered
Does anyone really know what pins have to be moved to be used on a 02-07 Hayabusa? I see a lot of post where all these guys act like they know but just state that "all you have to do is move some pins" but never described which pins.

Right now I am being lazy and need someone to actually tell or show me what pins to move. Anyone?

Thanks in advance

I will like to help but not really sure of what you are trying to accomplish? are you rswaping switch housings or are you working with the spare connector on the throtle side?

I will like to help but not really sure of what you are trying to accomplish? are you rswaping switch housings or are you working with the spare connector on the throtle side?

Swapping. I have a Euro Headlight switch which allows me to turn off the headlight, tailight or combo thereof. I have a 2006 Hayabusa and it is not a straight swap as it is if I had a 99-01 model which is a direct swap.

Many guys on several boards state that a few pins need to be moved but no one says which ones.

Last edited:
Swapping. I have a Euro Headlight switch which allows me to turn off the headlight, tailight or combo thereof. I have a 2006 Hayabusa and it is not a straight swap as it is if I had a 99-01 model which is a direct swap.

Many guys on several boards state that a few pins need to be moved but no one says which ones.

Just intercept the ground wire to the headlight and wire it to your switch, thats what i did.

Maybe i just dont understand what the euro thing is tho

Just intercept the ground wire to the headlight and wire it to your switch, thats what i did.

Maybe i just dont understand what the euro thing is tho

It is from the Hayabusas sold over in Europe. Because of our(US) motorcycle laws we do not get that feature on ours. They have that option over there. You can turn off the headlight, headlight and taillight or everything down to the dash lights I believe.

Here is the switch:

EUROSWITCH.jpg

All you have to do is get the 99 wire diagram and cross reference the pins to yours if it is a direct swap for 99-01!!!!

Good point.

I only have the 99-00 Service manual. I guess I will have to look at the bike's wiring and try to decipher the differences.

Wiring diagram is on page 8-15 in the Shop Manual for 99-00, I know that some colors might have changed but you should intercept the ground (front-blk/wht tracer) (rear-wht/blk tracer) and that should do it. that is how I have my lights kill switch set up. Is a lot cheaper to use a two pole switch to kill the ground than to mess with 12v in case the wire comes loose or the switch dies.

Here's what I was able to trace with the diagram.

Working from battery to headlight. Battery is direct wired to starter relay, from starter relay a red wire sends power to fuse 6 (fan) and to ignition switch. The ignition switch in ON position sends power to orange wire. The orange wire runs to a harness connector and to fuse 5 (signal). At the connector the orange wire changes to orange/red which loops back to connector and becomes yellow/white. The yellow/white wire carries power to the headlight dimmer switch and to fuse 2 (headlight LO). At fuse 2 the yellow/white wire becomes white and carries power to the LO beam. The headlight dimmer switch in the LO position connects to a white wire that terminates at a connector. The headlight dimmer switch in the HI position it connects to a yellow wire. The yellow wire runs to fuse 1 (headlight HI) and remains yellow, carrying power to the HI beam and the HI beam indicator on speedo. Black/white wire is ground.

Working from battery to tail light. Battery is direct wired to starter relay, from starter relay a red wire sends power to fuse 6 (fan) and through a harness connector to the ignition switch. The ignition switch in on position sends power to a brown wire and through the connector. From the connector a brown wire carries power to the running lights, tag light and to the "position light" connector in front (not used on US models). Black/white is ground. White/black is switched hot from brake levers.

Back