a little help needed from the org

Lycan6

Registered
I have a Gen I ('02) and the ecu has been flashed. I have an issue somewhere with my clutch. The bike starts without the clutch engaged. I have looked at the clutch switch wires and they have not been bypassed. however, if I disconnect the wires from the switch it still cranks over. I looked at the ecu connector and the pics are below. Based on a pinout that I saw, I seem to have a few extra pins missing. Can anyone tell which pin could be the cause of my issue, and does anyone know where I can buy the small pins? :please:

Thanks everyone for any assistance in advance.

035.jpg

036.jpg

You can mail me your ECU. I have guys here that put those kinds of pins in literally everyday. Lemme know, all you gotta pay for is shipping, I'll take care of the rest!

You likely have a harness short back towards main harness, if it does same with or without switch wires hooked up...The wire shouldn't be ground on both sides that's why switch is there....

You likely have a harness short back towards main harness, if it does same with or without switch wires hooked up...The wire shouldn't be ground on both sides that's why switch is there....

Thanks GC. I will try to trace it down the harness. Does the connector look right to you. It just seems like a lot of unused slots.

You need to be looking right at the starter relay, on the left hand side of the sub frame.
There is a 4 pin connector in the starter relay, the 2 smaller wires, one should be yellow green, should be the ground from the clutch switch perch!
If there is constant ground, there is a short.

Back