Gadget of the month  ~a must have~

ICEMANN

Registered
<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>First off, sorry Ive been gone so long been out of state.  Just finished a 3,185 mile round trip drive in under 7 days.</span>

I did some of my own research prior to leaving and ran across the
<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:indigo'>"ARACHNID" by "ROADLOK</span>"</span>.

This was just prior to seeing it posted on the board.  After 10 thousand questions I have to admit I was impressed.  The knowledge Eric and Tammy have to share is top notch.  First off they always seem to be available which is great.  So this is my .02 cents on one outstanding product.  Funny thing is I ran up on this while looking at patent information for something else.

Ordered a unit and received it I swear next day.  Next series of photos should help.

The unit basically replaces the rear brake caliper hanger.  Installation took litterly 7 mins.  Lift rear wheel on rear stand.  Pull out rear axel ½ way, remove rear caliper hanger.  Install Roadlok in it's place, tighten up axel.  Thats it.  

Unit is solid one piece design that is notched.  Rear rotor spins inside the notched area just like it does on the caliper.  Metal on both sides of the rotor.  

You have a large push pin that fits into a recessed hole.  Push the pin into the hole until it locks.  The pin goes thru any one of the holes in the rear rotor and locks the rear wheel.  Use a key to release the pin.  

Disk lock is always on the bike.  You just carry the pin and key around.  Best thing of all ....  If you forget the pin is in you just dont move.  Doest fall over.  Cant break the front fuggin fender out etc.  I really like it.

Enuff that I jumped on board!

Unit is light weight also.  I was supprised how light it was.

You should check it out seriously.  Combined with your Scorpio alarm it's nice a nice package for those that park outside.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>If you decide to order, mention the board and tell them that JD sent you.  They are board sponcers so it helps Capt out too.</span>  

I can answer alot of questions cause I asked them all.  Unit is only available for the busa as of now and the GSXR1k is in production due out near end of Aug or so thats still pending.
JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154434985 -->

box.jpg

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>The unit next to the rear caliper holder. </span>

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154435057 -->

sidebyside.jpg

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Here is the unit installed.</span> 

Rember now 7mins.  See the hole.  Push the pin into it.  THats it.  Key turn to release.

If ya decide to get one, mention the board and tell em "JD"  Sent cha.  

They are board sponcers too so thats always a plus, keep it in the family!

Hope ya like yours as much as I do mine.

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154434534 -->

installed.jpg

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Oh yea, hea's my shytt!</span>

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154483563 -->

right_frnt_angle.jpg

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Sorry last one I promise</span> Remember mention the board and tell em JD sent cha.

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154434617 -->

left_side.jpg

Nice. Is there any friction on the rotor while not engaged? Is there a remote chance something could push the pin in while riding? How much does it weigh?

sweet wanna sell me you ol brake holder? is it chrome? pm me

<!--EDIT|jjbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154439923 -->

Nice.  Is there any friction on the rotor while not engaged?  Is there a remote chance something could push the pin in while riding?  How much does it weigh?
Not to jump into Ice's thread, but there is no chance of the pin being accidentally pushed in because you remove the pin completely, leaving the hole like in the close-up pic that Ice shows...

Lokks cool,,, but hey Iceman, you forgot to crome plate it!!!!
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Thanks for the feedback. The pin as stated is removed. It's about the size of a thumb with a spring loaded locking pin. You push the whole thing into the hole. The spring loaded pin goes into the rotor hole locking the rear wheel. Push the pin in and push the bike forward until it clicks locked. Rotor is no where near touching the metal of the road lok itself. It's not chromed yet because yer boy is working on gold plating one to match some other stuff!.

tounge.gif

Even as is looks great when looking at the whole bike. Gota try it.

JD

see it doesnt look bad at all.  At least not to me.  But the piece of mind is aight!

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154483119 -->

the_side.jpg

Back