Zx14 numbers

Big Red One I was going to ask the exact same question 183 for the new R1 which is about 152 or so at the rear wheel my Busa made more than that with exhaust PCII airbox mod and BMC airfilter sooooo how did they measure the HP if it is 187 at the back tire I am impressed it will be very fast and probably beat the Busa pretty badly if it is crank HP then it will be alot closer. Next question I saw it alot in here and I know how we all like to specualte but has anyone seen anything real about the 2007 Busa?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
I've never heard of a company giving rear wheel hp numbers...if they did the bike would look weak next to the other companies crank hp #'s....alot of folks wouldn't bother to differentiate between crank and rear wheel, the numbers would be what stuck in their mind. And they always like to have the biggest numbers they can get..however they can get them
wink.gif
The 10 and R1 are both rated at more crank hp than the Busa and 12 even tho the dyno says otherwise
rock.gif
So why inflate the 10's numbers up but not the 14? It makes the 14 look kinda weak.
The 14 is actually only 52 cc's bigger than the Busa tho...so maybe its not gonna be able to make that much more horsepower. I kinda expected a bigger diff than that. Maybe technology is getting to the point where they can't magically squeeze 20+ hp out of a same size engine with a complete redesign like they were doing in the late 90's?
Or maybe torque's gonna be the 14's ace card?
Things are getting interesting......................

rock.gif

rock.gif

Back