Zx14 numbers

KAWI SUCKS..........AND COME SUMMER 2006 THE 2007 HAYABUSA WILL RAIN SUPREME !! FOR ALL YOU NONBELIVERS
cool.gif

From date of initial release it took about 3 years for suzuki to completely refine the mighty hayabusa...F.I. Issues, Subframe Issues, CCT Issues (multiple times I might add....like gen 3 before they got it right) and even starter issues...issues which affected '99, '00, '01 and even some '02 models...and then?...after that?...they finially reached perfection...ultimate refinement of the worlds badest, bad boy hooligan azz street thug of a motorcycle....the mighty and completely refined hayabusa....now...

anybody wanna rush over to the green machine to plunk down 12 large on a brand new rushed to market ZX-14?...with even more displacement and compression than the busa?

cause if ya do?...I got two words for ya...

TOOT- ALOO
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

From date of initial release it took about 3 years for suzuki to completely refine the mighty hayabusa...F.I. Issues, Subframe Issues, CCT Issues (multiple times I might add....like gen 3 before they got it right) and even starter issues...issues which affected '99, '00, '01 and even some '02 models...and then?...after that?...they finially reached perfection...ultimate refinement of the worlds badest, bad boy hooligan azz street thug of a motorcycle....the mighty and completely refined hayabusa....now...

anybody wanna rush over to the green machine to plunk down 12 large on a brand new rushed to market ZX-14?...with even more displacement and compression than the busa?

TOOT- ALOO
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
If you think it's being 'rushed' to the market, why is everyone on here complaining about why it's taking so long for its release?
rock.gif

TOOT- ALOO
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
suzuki has done pretty well fixing the busa's little problems, but i seems like they are forgetting the one I hear the most about the "tranny problem" alot of newer owners are complaining about, not all of them just some is it due to abuse?

Even if it makes 180 ihp t's going to be the new King. Better start saving up for Nos. If mods on Busas are getting 20 more hp then mods on the zx-14 shoulod get it to 200 w/o ram air and 220 with. That is some serious power.

The crap I'm reading in this thread is unbelieveable.

Either Suzuki gets off it's dead a$$ and updates the Busa or Kaw will be getting my hard earned dollars.

I couldn't care less about the name on the side, I want the fastest hypersport machine with all-day comfort on two wheels, end of discussion.

If it's a Kawasaki, <span style='color:crimson'>and at this point it sure looks like it's going to be</span>, sign me up.
There are two types of people that own Suzuki motorcycles,,, those that definitely should and those that definitely should not!
Oh I guess you're right...

I'm just not "WORTHY" of my Busa. I must not have passed the "loyalty" test when I plunked down my ~$9000 in 2004, like you did.

Say, do they give prospective GS500E owners the same test, or is their 5/13's easier to pass?

God, you're a tool.

I saw that "thing" at the ims show yesterday and it's even less impressive in person. I was really disappointed to find out the George Forman Grills were made of flimsy plastic! I thought I'd be able to drop the bike on it's side and cook up some burgers on long trips. I also couldn't help but laugh out loud when the one display model had all 6 of its headlights light up.
smile.gif

I don't understand how the same company that makes the hot looking ZX10r can come up with that ugly abortion.

I just don't see it taking glory away from the Busa any time soon. They had a bunch of 14's at the show and I got to walk right up and sit on everyone of them. The cut-a-way model was cool and there was only one guy taking pictures of it at the time.

Walked over to Suzuki's Busa section and it took me a while to make my way through the crowds to see that new LE. There were people everywhere and every Busa had someone sitting on it.
Maybe word about the 14 just hasn't gotten out yet? I still think Kaw is grasping at straws and trying to save face by quoting "ram air HP" figures.

I think the bike back in 1988 was the first year fzr1000!  

<!--EDIT|ZEUS
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139786876 -->

I think the bike back in 1988 was the first year fzr1000!   
Yes you are right. I remember back then, my buddy thought his Hurricane 1000 was fast until I picked up a '87 GSXR 1100 and it did not take long before he started doin all kinds of mods, but the old sewing machine GSXR still came out on top
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I found three different web sites showing Kawasaki's release on the ZX14. Claiming 197hp with ram air and 187hp without and 113.5ft/lbs. But the real story is in the discalimer at the end of it.

"The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market."
How embarassing for Kaw.  You know damn well they were trying to get the 200hp mark (its obvious what a good marketing tool this would be) and even released a "we almost made it" ram-air number and still came up a touch short.

I'm interested to see dyno results I'm guessing mid 170's.
What I find strange is that Kawasaki has always stated 184 non ram air crank hp for their ZX-10  (Cycle World or Motorcyclist has it splashed across their cover this month). And the 10 usually dyno's around 152-55 rear wheel ponies. The Busa runs 155-160 along with the ZX 12, although both the bigger bikes kill the ten in torque.....and the 14's rated at 187 at the crank? That would mean according to Kawasaki it only puts out 3 more ponies than their own 10? Any of these bikes have all the power I need......I'm just trying to figure out the numbers game here. I think the real proofs gonna be in the customers/shops/magazines hands, it seems like you just can't trust the manufacturers. (shock there huh?)
One thing I did notice is that the 14 has the exact same dry weight as the Busa.....I expected it to be a little lighter.
It does look like its gonna be a torque monster tho.....they've finally realized torques where its at  
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139902538 -->

Big Red One I was going to ask the exact same question 183 for the new R1 which is about 152 or so at the rear wheel my Busa made more than that with exhaust PCII airbox mod and BMC airfilter sooooo how did they measure the HP if it is 187 at the back tire I am impressed it will be very fast and probably beat the Busa pretty badly if it is crank HP then it will be alot closer. Next question I saw it alot in here and I know how we all like to specualte but has anyone seen anything real about the 2007 Busa?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

rock.gif

one good thing about the new ZX-14....

you could probably leave it parked about anywhere and nobody would steal it.
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Just read on Motorhead's forum that Rickey Gadson ran a ZX-14 at a dragstrip last week. Lowered, stretched, Muzzy slip on, he ran somewhere in the 8's. I know he's a pro rider, but still, 8's isn't too shabby with the little mods done to the bike.
Isn't that the same Ricky that ran a 9 something on a lowered R6?

Back