Zx14 numbers

I'm looking forward to seeing how it does. I love my busa but fast is fast. It doesn't look as good as the busa but, I don't mind the ZX14 in black.

Bike dont look all that bad... but it sure aint no Busa!

Is it just me or does the front fender look kinda familiar!

Very few people touch the full potential of a stock Busa, and we are worried about the Kawi
rock.gif

I can see it now - Squid needs to have the fastest thing on 2 wheels
-has strange dream telling him he should atleast ride something with 2 wheels bigger than moped before purchasing

-figgures dream is just bad burito he ate night before

-decides to get mom to give him a ride to the local kawi dealer

-talks to sales guy for 2 minutes, pays full price and finances at 24.5% for 6 years

-decides to cruise the local high school parking lot before he wheelies over to his brothers house in hopes to obtain some gas money

-with plan in head, he pulls out of the dealership - trying to smoke rear wheel & kills it---a little embarased, he restarts the bike and revs it to 8K and releases the clutch

-New kawi goes vertical, leaving Squidy on ground with broken tailbone, and smashed bike

-dealer comes to his aid and says he has another bike inside he will hold for him once insurance pays off the new bike with less than 1 mile

-Squiddy asks the dealer - what is insurance?

Ok, enough said....and if you don't think it will happen Im willing to accept bets via paypal...lol
When we are the fastest we say we are the fastest.

when someone else is faster, we says he's gonna hurt himself

When we are the fastest we say we are the fastest.

when someone else is faster, we says he's gonna hurt himself
Theat may hold true for some, but Im only commenting for myself and the way I see things.

I've never claimed the "Busa" is the fastest, but it is fast. And I would say my "Squid scenario" comment holds true for the Busa and the Kawi (Since this was a Kawi thread, I pointed my comments to the Kawi).

There are a lot of inexperienced riders reading a lot of magazines, daydreaming, etc...taking on a bike only because of Ego, or status and not realizing what they are actually riding. And never really unserstanding the ability needed to actually operate the bike, thus failing to realize that skills are developed over time and circumstance, not horse power, torque, and ego.

Just read on Motorhead's forum that Rickey Gadson ran a ZX-14 at a dragstrip last week. Lowered, stretched, Muzzy slip on, he ran somewhere in the 8's. I know he's a pro rider, but still, 8's isn't too shabby with the little mods done to the bike.

hmmmmmm, bigger engine, brand new design, latest technology... it OUGHT to beat the busa.   Do you think it will take Suzuki seven years to catch up with Kawasaki?  No, they been sitting and waiting since 2k
Not to burst your bubble, but it did take 11 years for Suzuki to regain its crown after the first ZX10 came here in 1988. But thats cool. As long as they did it.
So was the ZX10 faster then the GSXR 1000? in the 90's.
There was no GSXR1000 in the 90's.

I found three different web sites showing Kawasaki's release on the ZX14. Claiming 197hp with ram air and 187hp without and 113.5ft/lbs. But the real story is in the discalimer at the end of it.

"The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market."
How embarassing for Kaw. You know damn well they were trying to get the 200hp mark (its obvious what a good marketing tool this would be) and even released a "we almost made it" ram-air number and still came up a touch short.

I'm interested to see dyno results I'm guessing mid 170's.

The crap I'm reading in this thread is unbelieveable.

Either Suzuki gets off it's dead a$$ and updates the Busa or Kaw will be getting my hard earned dollars.

I couldn't care less about the name on the side, I want the fastest hypersport machine with all-day comfort on two wheels, end of discussion.

If it's a Kawasaki, <span style='color:crimson'>and at this point it sure looks like it's going to be</span>, sign me up.

<!--EDIT|PacerX
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139717735 -->

I didn't see any mention in any of the articles as to where the HP was measured.  I'm assuming that it was crankshaft and not the rear wheel.[/QUOTE]
197hp does sound impressive, but I'm waiting for the dyno numbers to tell me how much of that I can really use - I'm guessing it's going to lose about 7% (which will still be good numbers).

The crap I'm reading in this thread is unbelieveable.

Either Suzuki gets off it's dead a$$ and updates the Busa or Kaw will be getting my hard earned dollars.

I couldn't care less about the name on the side, I want the fastest hypersport machine with all-day comfort on two wheels, end of discussion.

If it's a Kawasaki, <span style='color:crimson'>and at this point it sure looks like it's going to be</span>, sign me up.
There are two types of people that own Suzuki motorcycles,,, those that definitely should and those that definitely should not!

Don't care how much HP, or how fast it may be, I wouldnt trade my busa for one even up!

Back