Zx-14 will be the new "busa"

12 Piece

Registered
I think the zx-14 will be just like the busa was in 99. First everyone thinks its ugly, then creative minds will do this....

post_1_25494_TheRoaringToyzZX14.jpg

But who wants to spend all that money on ugly? The busa at least looks awesome straight off the showroom floor. You can coat a piece of crap with gold all you have is a gold coated turd.
Just my 02... each to their own.

Dude, I had a busa, but when i FIRST saw it, I thought it was the ugliest thing on the planet. When my boy scalded me on mygsxr 1100, it looked more attractive. So attractive I sold my 1100 and bought one. This is the same thing. Let's revisit this thread in 12 months, I guarantee you the tides will turn.
laugh.gif

I love the competition... but the numbers that have been bandied about between a stock busa and a stock 13.5 just aren't enough to get me all riled up. I would rather wait on a new busa design that has improvements on an already fine piece of equipment. With all the testing and modernization in engines that has occured since 1999 I would expect a much better showing on the kawi... I'm not slamming anyone who likes ( yes I am but in fun) but if that is the best they can do in the looks department I shudder to think what engine improvements they could have made.

I don't go looking for the ugliest girl in the bar in the hopes that I can throw some make up on her and make a supermodel.:p

I like the zx-10 styling alot more also. I saw a ZX-14 in person at the Chicago bike show and the ass end is fugly. It looks enormous with the dual pipes that point outwards. I know thats easily changed, but I think they missed it in terms of styling. The Busa did look wierd to me in 99, but at least it has clean lines.

better, but still fugly, nice paint and graphics, except it looks like a meteor hit the side there, maybe thats what ousted the grills...

-WHEELMAN

Dude, I had a busa, but when i FIRST saw it, I thought it was the ugliest thing on the planet. When my boy scalded me on mygsxr 1100, it looked more attractive. So attractive I sold my 1100 and bought one. This is the same thing. Let's revisit this thread in 12 months, I guarantee you the tides will turn.  
laugh.gif
....and years ago I had a Ninja 1000R which in 86 was the braggin' rights bike to have...fastest thing on 2 wheels. Then the Honda hurricane 1000R beat it and was the next big thing....then the Yamaha FZR was the fastest ticket around...then the ZX-11...then the Blackbird.....the Busa...and now possibly the 14, till the new Busa comes out...and /or the new Blackbird...or? And before the Ninja 1000 there was a string of bikes leading back to the beginng of combustion engines that were all "the fastest" for their time. The only thing thats changed is the way trolls fish  
laugh.gif
Alot of us riders actually buy a bike to ride and enjoy...not to brag about till the next big bang comes out. If you have a fast fun comfy bike you like ride it...or upgrade quick, cause the next big thing is coming to a dealership near you SOON!  
wow.gif

wink.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140744460 -->

laugh.gif

once all these trolls get it out of their system then they can all pose on their new zx13.5's and leave the Busa's to the real riders. I for one am glad the Busa will not be the ultimate squid poser bike any more. Should thin it out a bit on the streets.

I can tell you I think that the first Busa was more"ugly" than the first ZX14 when it came out. I own a 2000 Busa and a ZZR1200 and  I think the new zed is a great looking bike in my opinion. And for those in denial, one ride and all will be forgiven, sir.

<!--EDIT|lazerbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140746412 -->

Back