Wind effects

Thanks. So what should I look for in a front tire? Want something that will play well with my Angel GT 2 rear and not track every little imperfection

Running a sport front with a sport touring rear is ok too, and they usually wear out front to back evenly on the Busa(zx14, or heavy high torque bikes), vs a sport rear on a Busa, that you can go through 2 to one front tire.
Tires are like oil too, with alot of personal preference and opinion based on many variables.
I like Dunlop Sportmax Q series tires.
A Q3 and Q3+ is still available, but I think discontinued. The Q4 is too soft for the street, as it won't get as much mileage.
Dunlop is on the Q5's now, and one of those is more track vs street too, in terms of better grip but less mileage, and that level of grip is hard to use on street curves, especially where you are, so do not be concerned about grip with any of Dunlops street oriented tires.
I personally have found Michellins on a Gen2 to need the psi varied alot more by conditions for best performance, vs Dunlops, that worked fine at 34-36 psi cold, no matter what they warmed up to or how the road conditions were.
Bridgestones, I dislike these on the Gen2 as well, I found their handling to be not consistent for Me, as the sidewalls felt as if they had too much flex.
I have ridden at least a dozen Gen2's, and tried alot of tires on mine.
But again...that's Me.
The guys will be along to say how they feel like their Michelins or Bridgestones handle better for them...and they are also right.
I think you will be ok with most name brand, Z rated sport tires...so long as they have no center groove, lol

Running a sport front with a sport touring rear is ok too, and they usually wear out front to back evenly on the Busa(zx14, or heavy high torque bikes), vs a sport rear on a Busa, that you can go through 2 to one front tire.
Tires are like oil too, with alot of personal preference and opinion based on many variables.
I like Dunlop Sportmax Q series tires.
A Q3 and Q3+ is still available, but I think discontinued. The Q4 is too soft for the street, as it won't get as much mileage.
Dunlop is on the Q5's now, and one of those is more track vs street too, in terms of better grip but less mileage, and that level of grip is hard to use on street curves, especially where you are, so do not be concerned about grip with any of Dunlops street oriented tires.
I personally have found Michellins on a Gen2 to need the psi varied alot more by conditions for best performance, vs Dunlops, that worked fine at 34-36 psi cold, no matter what they warmed up to or how the road conditions were.
Bridgestones, I dislike these on the Gen2 as well, I found their handling to be not consistent for Me, as the sidewalls felt as if they had too much flex.
I have ridden at least a dozen Gen2's, and tried alot of tires on mine.
But again...that's Me.
The guys will be along to say how they feel like their Michelins or Bridgestones handle better for them...and they are also right.
I think you will be ok with most name brand, Z rated sport tires...so long as they have no center groove, lol
Thanks. I'm gonna wait for all the opinions and then pick one. I appreciate you

IMG_4149.png

IMG_4150.png

Thanks. I'm gonna wait for all the opinions and then pick one. I appreciate you

I’m trying the Conti Road Attacks on the Busa and the Conti Motions on my Kawasaki. I’ll report on their mileage as they wear. So far they’ve both been great in the wet and dry. Like six pack said, you can mix tires as long as the tread patterns are somewhat similar. They’re all radials.

I’m trying the Conti Road Attacks on the Busa and the Conti Motions on my Kawasaki. I’ll report on their mileage as they wear. So far they’ve both been great in the wet and dry. Like six pack said, you can mix tires as long as the tread patterns are somewhat similar. They’re all radials.
Not too worried about wear, as long as it's not stupid. I avoid riding in the rain as much as possible but can't avoid getting caught once in a while. Mostly want to find something with a tread pattern fairly close to my rear.

17070707572536287826764030691183.jpg

They’re great tires, they’re just going to wear out too soon (for me). Maybe the new dual compound (2CT) will wear better. Michelin has priced me out. Their Road series started with the Pilot Road, a fairly flat car like tire, then the PR2, then 3, 4, 5, and 6. Paying over $200 for a rear tire is ridiculous. Hopefully the Contis I’m trying will give me the mileage I’m used to, in post #43 above.

The Pirelli Angel GT before the GT 2 didn't have that center stripe which could be an option. Before you start spending money on a tire though I would try different tire pressures. Or maybe try to tweak your suspension settings as well. I witnessed this yesterday dialing in my install for my hyper pro setup on my bike. I started out where Hyperpro recommended for me to start front and back. Then I would go on a ride reflect on what issues I was having then readjust. I started with preload, then rebound, and finished with compression. I found that it was mostly good but the front end was not compliant over small bumps. So I went down a turn from their recommendation and my issue went away.
Also from my experience too when I switched tires I would have to change my adjustments especially if I went from Michelin to Pirelli or Dunlop. Since michelin in my experience has soft carcasses while Pirelli and dunlop were very hard. So often I would have to go through the process to see what felt well and tweak my settings.

If nothing is mechanically wrong I would start there because even incorrectly setup rebound or compression can cause the bike to feel crazy. Putting in the time for a well setup suspension makes a world of difference and it doesn't always cost money.

I went with the hyperpro setup only because I do it to all my bikes due to versatility and makes 2 up riding soo much better since even at my weight I want to be at I am almost 200 lbs even before I lose weight.

Turtlezx said it better than I had the issue with my Triumph Trophy I had. When I would be on uneven pavement or grooved highways the bike would track with the imperfections. I wanted to like that bike, but for the life of me I could not get it to run right. The 1250 motor is known for having head issues and did not want to put anymore money into it. Then I had an opportunity to buy a Hayabusa in cash and have been much happier. The Hayabusa is more comfortable for my son and I than the trophy which is odd.

Also my Angel GT 2s had a very hard side wall and I had to soften up my settings on the trophy. Maybe that would help in addition to checking the steering head bearings and stuff.

In heavy wind here in AZ my second gen has been pretty solid and predictable. But, I also recently purchased the bike and did my items due to preference and mileage. I replaced the steering head bearings, rebuilt the forks with new fork springs, and replaced the rear shock with a different unit. I like to ride 2 up a lot with my son or ride loaded and with my VFR hyerpro has been cheap and great if you are able to do your own work.
I did a lot of maintenance already due to the mileage too.

When I need to change the chain I will probably do wheel bearings then.

The Hayabusa was certainly designed with airflow in mind. That's probably the main reason I have avoided naked bikes, aside from the look of course. I remember riding them when young because that's all we had, then came the bikini fairing, then the amazing full fairing. No fairing, no hope of avoiding the buffeting effects of the air.

cow air flow.jpg

Worst case scenario
: You’re riding a naked bike at speed, let’s say 70mph. You are a large rider, wearing bulky kit because it’s winter. The wind is hitting the you, so you’re pulling on the bars, and putting pressure onto your lower back and into the seat. Over time this will cause discomfort. Increase the speed, and the rider holds on tighter, pulls on the bars harder and the pressure on the seat increase, which in extreme cases causes the rear suspension to squat.

What does this do to the bike?
Because the rider is holding on tightly to prevent himself being pushed back by the airflow, he is also extending the forks and raising the front end slightly. At the same time, wind pressure hitting the unprotected rider is causing the rear suspension to sit slightly. Raising the front and lowering the rear causes instability, which is why some nakeds feel awful at very high speeds, especially if you are still sitting upright.

A well designed full fairing has the opposite effect, pushing you down onto the road.

aerodynamic suzuki hayabusa.jpg

I rode a suzuki GS1000 for awhile and it was actually a pretty fun bike even good 2 up. Give me a sport bike or a naked bike over a fully faired tourer. The Triumph Trophy I had kind of ruined it for me. The only regret I have was not buying the Hayabusa then when thats what I truly wanted. My thought was get something my son and I can tour on. Then Come to find out those style bikes dont work for me then buy a hayabusa anyways lol. I will be buried with that thing and my VFR I love em.

A guy I know was telling how big and bulky the Hayabusa was compared to other bikes...

This person was over visiting me one day and my bike was in the corner under it's cover and he asked me where my Hayabusa was and I pointed to the cover....he couldn't believe how small the bike really is in person...

He went from a CBR to a large full dresser HD....my bike looks very small next to that.

My brother rides a BMW RT and he couldn't get over how light my Hayabusa was and how well balanced it was.....then he rode it......beforehand I told him to get into third gear and then pin it for full effect.....he came back from a ride telling me that bike shouldn't be legal.....

The last Busa I bought had Angel GT2’s recently fitted. Although I have my favourite tyres, whatever a bike comes with I normally wear out before fitting my own. The Angel GT2’s were the first tyre in a long time I’ve removed due to how bad I found them. Initially I thought it was just me and my narrow minded preferences, reading up and talking to other riders the GT2’s get a lot of negative feedback, not just for being a hard touring Tyre but for the design of the front. I’m told that the 2’s have been dropped from some markets where the original and better Angst GT is still on sale.
I wouldn’t put them on my bikes if they were a dollar each with free fitting.

011698D0-B133-40CD-99F3-51135F3BD0AA.jpeg

Back