Why?????

Okay..here is a serious answer. The header outlets are not even. Your shortie pipes are mounted directly to the headers so they arent even and probably wont be even unless you make an adapter or sleeve. I had shortie Hedman hot tips mounted on my 07 and they were slightly uneven also. On the stock exhaust the right side mid pipe is differently shaped from the left side mid pipe and the different shapes allow for the header offset and both stock mufflers hang evenly. Hope this explains it for you. :beerchug:

not sure of the annuciation but I appreciate all the help I can get. Now for the next question: I am new to riding a busa and even on my 250 Ninja I have trouble going around corners and turns especially when turning right or going around a right curve. I really want to get better at this but fear most times stands in my way and I tend to freeze up and have to go around the corners/turns very slowly like in 2nd gear it really sucks when my riding buddies hit those curves in the 80-100 mph range.

Do you find yourself looking at the road in front of you during a turn or looking towards the exit of the turn? A common error for new riders is target fixation which will not only probably cause a slowing of your cornering speed but also could lead to an eventual crash - sort of a "freezing" up effect where the rider fixates on avoiding a target so much you end up running into said object. :laugh: An MSF rider course is highly recommended to help you work on proper cornering technique and eventually a track day for proper corner entry, lean technique/body position and throttle control. :thumbsup:

I thank everyone for their generous support with the issues I have been having with the bike. As for all those that got jokes well I will continue to pray for you Lord knows we all need a little bit of prayer. As for how I went from a 250 to a busa, all I can say is only God can answer that question. I just cut out the middle man, i.e. 500, 600, 750, 1000cc's you know. Riding is a passion it really doesn't matter the size of the bike if I can balance the bike with both feet on the ground and off I am doing good. I never said the bike wasn't too big or too fast for me but if I never gave it a shot I would have never known if I could actually ride it. I respect my bike and I respect its power and as long as that stays at the forefront of my mind I will be ok. Besides I never ride faster than my guardian angels can fly.:learn:

I thank everyone for their generous support with the issues I have been having with the bike. As for all those that got jokes well I will continue to pray for you Lord knows we all need a little bit of prayer. As for how I went from a 250 to a busa, all I can say is only God can answer that question. I just cut out the middle man, i.e. 500, 600, 750, 1000cc's you know. Riding is a passion it really doesn't matter the size of the bike if I can balance the bike with both feet on the ground and off I am doing good. I never said the bike wasn't too big or too fast for me but if I never gave it a shot I would have never known if I could actually ride it. I respect my bike and I respect its power and as long as that stays at the forefront of my mind I will be ok. Besides I never ride faster than my guardian angels can fly.:learn:

Hey, don't get me wrong, I applaud your courage and determination but I am very old school in my thinking about how riders should develop their skills and ride bikes that match those skills. To use a parallel from skiing where they label skill/experience level using 4 steps:

Beginner
Intermediate
Advanced
Expert

I believe that riders shouldn't be on a bike like a Hayabusa or a litre class sportbike until they are at least at an advanced or expert level for their riding skills. That's just my opinion and I know from many previous discussions on this and other forums that many people disagree with me on this issue. Ride Safe.:please:

+1 bazooki

If the US had a graduated endorsement schedule we would all be better riders when we reached the big bikes. I worked my way up from small to big in steps, and I know I'm a better rider for doing it. A few track classes have helped hone the skills I have, and added ones I never thought of.

I'm not picking on you...I'm just making a comment that I have said to many many many people before you---being able to control a bike is vastly different from riding a bike. The physical act of twisting a throttle and shifting gears is only one side of the equation. Heck, I could put my 12 year old nephew on a Busa and he could physically ride it. The tricky part with jumping from a small bike to the largest, most powerful bike comes in being able to control it when it breaks loose from underneath you or there is a need to make an emergency maneuver with it. That extra weight and power will catch you by surprise and snap someone not familiar with them into a quick frightening reality.

The big thing with the Busa that will get most people into trouble is the ability to control the bike in "emergency situations" such as when a car swerves into your lane, someone slams on the brakes in front of you, or you mis-judge your entrance speed into a turn. What immediatelly "hits" the rider is that the bike is too heavy for them to control and that the throttle response to maneuver around such situations can be deadly if they aren't used to what 105 ft/lbs of torque feels like---thus they wipe out. Gaining gradual experience with progressively larger bikes gets you used to the weight, braking, lean angle, counter steering, and dealing with the "ohhh my goodness" moments that you'll encounter.

Anyways....enjoy the bike and be safe. Get into some advanced riding clinics and really get used to stopping quickly and maintaining control. That is a HUGE thing that will save you down the line.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info I will look into it. Open mindedness goes along way when your a novice. I realize the effects of a panic stop as I have already had one that didn't go over well I now stay as far away from the back end of a car as I possibly can. As far as a swerving car sometimes the only thing between life and death is God and I take every precaution not to see death as I can. God does the rest. If it be my time, then there is nothing I can do about that. Aside from my personal feelings on the subject I do plan on taking an advanced course however like I said my only issue is the curves and corners. I thank everyone for their concern now I will leave the results up to God.

As far as a swerving car sometimes the only thing between life and death is God and I take every precaution not to see death as I can. God does the rest. If it be my time, then there is nothing I can do about that. Aside from my personal feelings on the subject I do plan on taking an advanced course however like I said my only issue is the curves and corners. I thank everyone for their concern now I will leave the results up to God.

Your beliefs are your own but what you really need are skills and experience. Those two things will help keep you out of the ER and out of the morgue.

If I'm not mistaken, the left is lower on the pipe to accommodate the shifter linkage. Don't want the dust boot frying on the pipe. When you put stubbys on a factory header you notice it. Factory cans are connected with pipes bent to make them even. You eliminated that pipe so not even. Hope it helps

as for me i would not know why they are not even...on my hmf i notice them moving around but thats due to they are hung from the footpegs and if wife or kids put weight on it it will bend the bracket a little...

We have to make jokes so we can run out to the bikes and see if there uneven.

I went and looked, Mine seem to be even but I dont think thats going to help you any

==========================================================
How can yours be even....don't you only have one ?

Back