Who here has a second sport bike

Bingo DivrMan!

The gyroscopic effect of rotating mass helps to stabilize the bike but also resists directional change. The gyroscopic effect of rotating mass is a large contributor to your beloved busa's incredible high speed stability.

Take the gsxr family, there is very little difference in weight between the 600 and 1000. Yet there is a noticeable difference in the amount of effort between the two when tiping into a corner and as the speed increases the more noticeable the difference becomes. As DivrMan says, getting a gsxr1K turned at 170 mph is a load. There is nothing about that bike that makes it want to change directions at that speed. You really must manhandle it to get it tipped in. Smaller bikes with less rotating mass has less resistance to directional change.

And YES, it's not unusual to enter a corner at 170 mph on many tracks. Our local track "Pacific Raceway" has a long front straight with a right hand sweeper at the end. Most liter bikes will reach 170 but few outside the advanced group ever enter that corner WOT on a liter bike. Many race bikes exceed 180 on that corner. I've never seen anyone come off the street and hold a liter bike WOT through that corner. The first time you touch a knee down at a buck seventy it's a religious moment. First time I tried it I saw Jesus. After that I started using him for a brake marker! :shocked:

Yeah screw that. I have a hard enough time focusing on anything besides holding on and looking straight in front of me at those speeds. I have no idea what that would feel like

So you have taken a turn at 170mph?

I know I saw 172 (INDICATED) at RA last year, I might even have video of it somewhere. It's a 'kink' more than a turn (about 20 degrees). Still had room left on the redline, but would chicken out and check up every time I went thru it....And I'm not publicly admitting what I saw on Tuf's Busa on a 5-mile straight out in the middle of Oregon 2 years ago....trackdays REALLY change your perspective on riding :thumbsup:

Bingo DivrMan!

I told you I'm trying to pay attention when you actually talk about motorcycle stuff in between your sexual exploits...:laugh:

I went for the GSXR750 over the liter when I want for a track bike. Liter bikes are easier to find. I wanted the smaller frame with more HP than the 600 had to offer.

So I'm just wondering how many of us have a second sport bike to thrash around on. the last year I have had the itch to get another bike but can't afford the gsxr 1000 I would love to get. I can get a 600 that has a little rash for around 3 grand. Can you still have fun on a 600 after riding the busa? R6s and gsxr are plentiful around here so which would be a better pick? Thanks for any advice

I'm trying to decide between a gsxr 600 or 750 for a track bike. I had an 2000 750 and can't say enough good things about it..other than that transmission problem it was known for...that I had also. I'm looking for an 01 right now...but would probably bite on a great deal for a 600. I thought I might take the Busa on track days...but I don't think that would be a good idea. I'm sure I'd be way too passive (worried about going down..it's soooo pretty) to really ride it hard...and that would take a lot of the fun out of it. I know there are guys that do it...but don't think it would work for me. Let us know what you get..

I have had an 88" Buell for years. Cant sell it so its in my back room. It is very manageable on twisties, maybe turns in better than the Busa. Its fast but the Busa is like an electric motor-dial in whatever you want in whatever gear you are in. Going on the freeway this AM I gasses it up and spun the rear tire- A bit of rain earlier. Love this bike!

Pics of the Buell S2

DSCN0758.jpg

DSCN0760.jpg

i had 3 bikes for a long time but just sold my 1k a few months ago so now im down to 2...my busa and my 92 cbr-600F2.. when i ride my 600 i still have lots of fun on it.. i say if you find a 600 thats priced right go for it..

Back