What year and bike changed you forever!

A few pics of a Pics of my first sport bike! She ran 11.7's at 115mph at the strip! No straps! Never made it to the road course! But it was ready....all 83rwhp and 46rwtq!

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010006 1.jpg

Last edited:
Brian! Love the FZR 400! I had a 96 FZR 600! It was a great bike! I miss it some times!

Yeah was a fun bike. Not a torque machine by any means, but super light & wonderfully agile. Was the perfect bike for me to enter into the AMA & WERA Lightweight Supersport & Lightweight Superbike classes. The perfect track trainer...and my Dad knew it.

....good times from the past that I sorely miss :down:

Sweet bikes everybody! Mine was a 1974 Honda CR125 Elsinore. My dad bought it for my brother and got me an XL175 when we were kids. Hi figured (wrongly) that the larger displacement bike would be more powerful. But that crazy power band on the Elsinore had me hooked. I rode it more than my own. Made my little brother cry. First street bike was a 1980 Suzuki GS550E. Wish I had some pics for ya. I dig those old Interceptors and Fazers! What about those Yamaha RD400s? Those were sweet. My neighbor had one and that was what first got me interested in bikes. Good times.

A few pics of a Pics of my first sport bike!

I need to dig into my 'ole scrap book and have my older race & bike pics digitally scanned. Still got love for the early Yammies :thumbsup:

*edit* That is one of the 1st edition D&D exhausts on your bike isn't it?

Last edited:
I need to dig into my 'ole scrap book and have my older race & bike pics digitally scanned. Still got love for the early Yammies :thumbsup:

Agreed! I miss the old Fzr 600. Karen's bike is a 94 Seca II, which is here in my garage. Brings me back to the year I had my 96 Fzr 600. I had a buddy who had a 94 blue Seca II, like Karen's (I painted it white). We use to swap rides every now and then! I took hers out today for a spin and came back remembering the old days!

P1010013.jpg

Started with a 39cc moped.....Husky bike frame..even moto'd it in the woods..fun fun.
Lets get nut's [now i know where the money went] Naw i better keep to the thread question... iv'e had way to many bikes....39cc's to 1298 Busa.... but the ONE that changed EVERYTHING was the 1985 Ninja 900.......40K in four years living in snow country. Almost died many times over on it..but a had to have a Guardian Angle on my shoulder....110 mph inches from a cliff in the dirt.....went over a cliff---thank you manzanita bush. Saw the tail light once at a 100 mph..[Ah those Chengshins]
:fire:

Last edited:

In my case it was the last edition of the D&D exhaust. I got it for the 4-2-1 design. I didnt like the Vanes &Hines that was available, which was a 4-1 design. My bike would out torque the other Fzr 600's off the corners with that D&D. It was very loud... the only thing I hated about it! I never got another one again!

Started with a 39cc moped.....Husky bike frame..even moto'd it in the woods..fun fun.
Lets get nut's [now i know where the money went] Naw i better keep to the thread question... iv'e had way to many bikes....39cc's to 1298 Busa.... but the ONE that changed EVERYTHING was the 1985 Ninja 900.......40K in four years living in snow country. Almost died many times over on it..but a had to have a Guardian Angle on my shoulder....110 mph inches from a cliff in the dirt.....went over a cliff---thank you manzanita bush. Saw the tail light once at a 100 mph..[Ah those Chengshins]
:fire:

:fire:::11 I bet you got more stories on that one too!

Thanks Warbird.....900 Ninja..stories.... used to commute on a rural road that had a 90 degree turn...marked 15 mph...sign not to far from the turn....practiced braking first on a KZ1000 with double disc's....75-80 at the sign...slowed to 20....smooth turn. fast forward 900 Ninja....75-80 became 90 at the sign.......still smooth 20 at the turn...OOP's one time misjudged...95 at the sign..OMG... front tire howling bigtime[even at 90] 95 was intense..
Made it.....had great forks..wouldn't bottom out....Thanks Kawasaki.
One 856 mile day in the seat...
Burned 7 quarts of oil in a 1000 trip.....big bore kit gone wrong....smoke screen though a valley at redline......wish i had a picture.. i remember looking back..a tube of smoke over a mile long slowly drifting off the road with my buddy on a an old Guzzi emerging hahahahaha...mufflers were soaked with oil and caught fire---priceless..sorry AL Gore.
Did an awsome 1st to second gear wheelie... over 90 when it touched down..priceless with a witness.
151 indicated on Easter Sunday 1985....and sat straight up at speed... don't do that..
my body was exposed to the most violent pressure ever....wind blast pressing hard against my chest plus amazing decelleration from the brakes... felt like i was sqeezed by the hand of GOD... stopped and climbed off... whatta rush that was.
Foot peg history....i fully ground off 1 third of the peg...feelers --what feelers.
Went to Laguna seca and looked at as many Ninjas i could find..[ pegs] Ha not one like mine.. then had a wreck and broke the left one off...hmmm..they don't match anymore..
One 25 mile trip up the mountain.....matching pegs once again.......Just stood on it in the turns...
10 rears 9 fronts tires... four years... single i was.
I was bummed out---end of the riding season.. came around a turn and five sport bikes were just blasting off through the canyon.....those guy's were Nut's...over the the line though blind turns.. i passed um all.. thats when i in a turn was looking at a fords headlight... had to lift and ran out of road and did the cliff thing..not the one i went over though... stayed upright and got back on the pavement.. the guy on the FZR700 five valve Yammi was fast.. so i kept chasing him....he passed a car and i gave up.... then he stopped with his bud's and started popping beers.... right at the side of the road.. i said later...DOH'..got home and said to self whatta end to a season.
One time is was riding in da Cali Foothills and went around a right hander...slow...kindof and hit oil....[ I think a local poured a quart oil oil on the road on purpose] my bike went totally sideways...some how stayed up but when the bike hooked up on pavement again
it snapped so hard to the left with my right leg hanging out it snapped back into the clutch cover so hard i had an injury for weeks. Ps not too many hair ball stories about my Busa...one high side.....in first... 1/4 from home.... ya better learn or die...... :beerchug:
Nite nite

Thanks Warbird.....900 Ninja..stories.... used to commute on a rural road that had a 90 degree turn...marked 15 mph...sign not to far from the turn....practiced braking first on a KZ1000 with double disc's....75-80 at the sign...slowed to 20....smooth turn. fast forward 900 Ninja....75-80 became 90 at the sign.......still smooth 20 at the turn...OOP's one time misjudged...95 at the sign..OMG... front tire howling bigtime[even at 90] 95 was intense..
Burned 7 quarts of oil in a 1000 trip.....big bore kit gone wrong....smoke screen though a valley at redline......wish i had a picture.. i remember looking back..a tube of smoke over a mile long slowly drifting off the road with my buddy on a an old Guzzi emerging hahahahaha...mufflers were soaked with oil and caught fire---priceless..sorry AL Gore.
Did an awsome 1st to second gear wheelie... over 90 when it touched down..priceless with a witness.
151 indicated on Easter Sunday 1985....and sat straight up at speed... don't do that..
my body was exposed to the most violent pressure ever....wind blast pressing hard against my chest plus amazing decelleration from the brakes... felt like i was sqeezed by the hand of GOD... stopped and climbed off... whatta rush that was.
Foot peg history....i fully ground off 1 third of the peg...feelers --what feelers.
Went to Laguna seca and looked at as many Ninjas i could find..[ pegs] Ha not one like mine.. then had a wreck and broke the left one off...hmmm..they don't match anymore..
One 25 mile trip up the mountain.....matching pegs once again.......Just stood on it in the turns...
I was bummed out---end of the riding season.. came around a turn and five sport bikes were just blasting off through the canyon.....those guy's were Nut's...over the the line though blind turns.. i passed um all.. thats when i in a turn was looking at a fords headlight... had to lift and ran out of road and did the cliff thing..not the one i went over though... stayed upright and got back on the pavement.. the guy on the FZR700 five valve Yammi was fast.. so i kept chasing him....he passed a car and i gave up.... then he stopped with his bud's and started popping beers.... right at the side of the road.. i said later...DOH'..got home and said to self whatta end to a season.
One time is was riding in da Cali Foothills and went around a right hander...slow...kindof and hit oil....[ I think a local poured a quart oil oil on the road on purpose] my bike went totally sideways...some how stayed up but when the bike hooked up on pavement again
it snapped so hard to the left with my right leg hanging out it snapped back into the clutch cover so hard i had an injury for weeks. Ps not too many hair ball stories about my Busa...one high side.....in first... 1/4 from home.... ya better learn or die...... :beerchug:
Nite nite

Dude! Who are you? Forrest Gump :poke:

:laugh:

Almost embarrasing now.

But this is the bike that let me know I was destined to ride a bike for the rest of my life.

Got it when I was 16.

1970 Honda CB350===================================================================

View attachment 176475

I have one of these in my garage. Not in quite this good condition but it is there waiting to be reborn...

It started in 1985 on a 1975 CB 750 (that I proceeded to lowside in a corner gutter) that started the sickness. That got me excited about motorcycles.

Fast forward to 1994 and a few more years of riding, and it was the "new" CBR 900RR that got my blood pumping. I didn't think it could get any better than that. Rode her until I discovered the next progression...

2001, the Hayabusa replaced the CBR and became my all-out horsepower machine. What's next - the 2012 Hayabusa?:bowdown:

Nite nite

I knew you had some stories! :rulez::laugh::thumbsup:

My first ride on a large bike was on the back of my uncles v45 magna. I then realized I liked sport bikes when I saw top gun. It was then I knew I had have a sport bike. When I was looking I thought I would be happy with a CBR 1000. I just happy I found my Busa.

Back