What year and bike changed you forever!

For me, it was the 1985 Honda Interceptor 500. It was a beast and it was then that I feel in love with sport bikes. Rialto California, high school with a cool bike, life was good!

I used to have the 1982 Yamaha 750 Seca and thought it was a quick bike UNTIL I rode my friends 1986 V65 Magna... that thing was fast. I just couldn't afford one back then.... did end up buying a 97 V Max about 2 years ago to regain the old school muscle. After riding a FZ1 my friend was selling to buy a 08 Busa I sold the Vmax. The FZ1 is a great all around bike :thumbsup: Then rode the 08 Busa ( same friend ) and was blown away with the power and tq ( had to have one )... So the V65 Magna was the one who shocked me from the start.

2006 Hayabusa, NOTHING like it.

Grew up on a honda Hawk 1978 then went to a Magna 750 in 1982.
Gave up bikes for 20 years while my kids grew up...bought the Busa
in '06...just riding home I was like...OMG...hooping and hollering in my helmet
with bug eyes.

I made the statement, most incredible thing you could ever put regular gas in.:bowdown::bowdown:

I've never been quite the same since...

Last edited:
A 1956 Cushman Eagle :thumbsup:

I rode one recently, Geezzzzzzzzzzz I didn't remember it being so UNCOMFORTABLE way back then :rofl:

My neighbor had a 84 or 85 Ninja and used to ride wheelies up and down our street. Thats when I wanted one!:laugh:

Arctic Cat mini-bike...must have been...:whistle:...some time ago... When I was 8...

:rofl: Basically been on two-wheels ever since...

I'm thinking my first bike started everything. A 1957 Triumph Bonneville 650. British racing green and all stock. I was still in high school and had just received my drivers license. It started my lifelong affair with motorcycles. :cheerleader:

Mine would have to be the Magna's. The V65 was a bad boy in its day. With that said, I don't know exactly how I ended up on the Busa, but man I love this bike.

on the morning of Dec.25, 1978, a young 6 year old awoke to learn that "Santa" had left this under my tree.....1978 RM-50, 2 stroke with a manual clutch. i was riding it down the street shortly after.

Same story insert 79 Rm50 birthday. :thumbsup:

Guy up the street from me had a GS1150E with a V&H Pro pipe that he street raced. I was already a motor drunk as a kid, (always have been) but the sound of that bike running up and down the block while he was testing new parts just stuck in my head. I love listening to motors of all configurations, but something about the scream of a high revving inline 4 winding out under a load just does it for me.
Visually the first gen ZX7 and GSXR's were pure sex to me....

The 1994 RF600R. I got my motorcycle license in 1994 and the RF just looked so radical, especially compared to the boring '83 Yamaha Vision 550 that I was riding at the time. I did eventually buy one, but it was replaced by the 'Busa last year. Great bike, decent power and handling, an excellent sport-tourer.

3372896117_a80655e36d.jpg

Compared to the 1994 GSX-Rs and Katanas, the RF was really a modern looking machine. :thumbsup:

1985 GS1150ES. That bike ruled !! kept it till 1991, traded for a new CBR1000F.

My first real bike was a 1967 CL77 305 Honda Scrambler. Took off the spark arrester and it made such a wonderful sound...I'll never forget riding it to graduation. Pulled right up to the curb (graduation was outside) pulled my gown and square hat from the backpack, threw it off and found my place in line. Chicks all wanted a ride! Grey/silver and black. My second bike was my first brand new bike a 1971 CL 450 Honda Scrambler. I remember taking my first big trip on it. I went maybe 100 miles away and stayed in a hotel and came back the next day in a pouring down rain. My Dad gave me a Blast Furnace (green) jacket to wear and welders gloves. I still remember to this day that my mom had to straddle the front fender and hold the bars so I could get off my bike. Ha,ha I was so water logged my skinny 150 body weighted more like 200 lbs. Oh the memories thanks to Capotain a cool post. Wardie

Almost embarrasing now.

But this is the bike that let me know I was destined to ride a bike for the rest of my life.

Got it when I was 16.

1970 Honda CB350===================================================================

View attachment 176475

Like you that was my first bike for 5 long years! Then I rode my first sport bike a year after riding the 350. A 93 honda vfr 750. I had always wanted one and that was what I wanted ever since! My second bike was a 96 yamaha Fzr600 and put 15k on it in the first year. I have been lucky to have quite a few. After the 96 Fzr 600, then it was a 01 Aprilia Rsv 1000, then 2 02 Gsxr 1000, then the 08 Busa, and now a 09 Gsxr 1k!

P1010017.jpg

Aprillia_8.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

My best friend had a Benneli SST80 or 90 with a clutch. I really wasnt into mimibikes at the time,more into target shooting and hunting. He talked me into riding it and how to work the clutch. After that moment it was on I got a sl100 moves up to a Yamaha RT3 360. Then my first street bike a classic 58 triumph TR6 next real street bike Norton 850 which I still have also have the SL100. Then a Honda CB900F which I used as my only transportation for 3 years. Than I got married took a few years off 15 Started back with an R1 Now I have many different bikes The Busa. GS1150, 66 CA160, Some Bultacos 3 CR500s and several projects starting on Hodakas now

I used to stay up all hours of the night looking at the brochure and dreaming of riding the 1992 Kawasaki ZZR 600. Its what made me fall in love w/ sportbikes.

After all was said & done I woke up one day and my Pops walked me out into the garage and there was a brand new all aluminum deltabox frame 1991 Yamaha FZR 400. Its what I started my short stint as a privateer racer on. You're the best Dad! :hug:

1995 ZZR 600.jpg

1989FZR_400.jpg

2007_09_22_bikepics-1032030-200.jpg

Last edited:
Back