What type of turbo to go with

I have a ghetto system which is essentially a rcc kit and I believe dennis sourced the intercooler from rcc. It is a beautiful piece but pricey! You would have to re-do your plenum and up pipe,blowoff valve? in order to incorporate it. I ordered mine a few days after ordering turbo, thinking I might as well do it from the get-go. A little triming or the left lower was nec. to accomodate up pipe to intercooler.Which reminds me,you would also have to have your compressor side of turbo modded to incorporate the intercooler. I am using a gsxr750 fan on a manuel switch and was quickly trained to turn it on when coming into traffic,light,etc. Its really no big deal as I NOW DO IT NATURALLY(pavlov's dog).I believe the 600 fan is the same. Any fan will do as you know the turbo's generate some heat! Tire clearance is also an issue! went to a 65 front,then had to go to a 60 as it was rubbing. also changed front springs while at the 65 series and helped with rubbing for awhile.BTW the 65 was an improvement in the handling of the bike. Change spring rate no matter what your set up,stock or not, this is one of the biggest improvements you can make to the busa! So what system are you running?
beerchug.gif
I'm using a GT28 with a water to air intercooler made with laminova intercooler cores. Made by a guy on turbobikes.org. I'm in the process of a rebuild right now, god help me I hope its done this summer.
banghead.gif
I'll post up some pics when its done.

At gt35 is made to produce about 600hp so why would you use it to make 250?
the gt28XX is perfect for the street, instant acceleration when you want it, its there.
do you want to wait till 7k for any power? especially if you lower then compression with a spacer, you will not like the power off boost

At gt35 is made to produce about 600hp so why would you use it to make 250?
the gt28XX is perfect for the street, instant acceleration when you want it, its there.
do you want to wait till 7k for any power? especially if you lower then compression with a spacer, you will not like the power off boost
Excellent point! I've had a 35r and am now riding a hybrid 25/30 and it spools up instantly. Bike made 428hp at 21 lbs of boost. starts building boost at 2700 rpms. On the street smaller turbo is the way to go.

thats what i was trying to say i have a gt35, but my bike is just for the track, i leave at 8000g, now if i had to ride that thing on the street i would want a smaller turbo for sure.

Back