Reworked Head and A turbo?

glassmaster

Registered
Ive been thinking about going stage 1 turbo. We ride alot of twisties at high RPMs in hair pins curves. The thing is I want some more HP for hwy and long stretched backroads. I wanted to get some head work done. Like a port and polish and diff cams. Not really sure but im leaning toward carpendar or something along those lines. But My main concern at the moment is can I have head work done and then upgrade to a turbo in the future if I decide to go that route? Im looking to stay streetable/reliable as we ride 200-300 miles each day on sat sun taking 30min lunch break two or three 10 min breaks for some of the guys to smoke, and me to eat lol... I done a little searching and didnt find anything out there. So if anyone has any insight on this or is running a setup like this let me know. Thanks I hope I posted this in the right place.
newbie.gif

major port work will hurt a turbo
they do port and polish heads for bigger turbo builds but they go a different route then a N/A motor port and polish job
and we run stock cams up to a point then go to a turbo grind on the cams

port and polish job don't do much for a small turbo but there are gains when using to a big turbo like a gt35r.
thumb_up.gif

Depends whats causing the most restriction, smaller turbo's get on boost early with minimal lag but are a bit restrictive on the exhaust, portwork or cams will not give much help to these, maybe even loose some midrange with no topend gains.

Well My concern isnt whether the reworked head would help me if i went turbo. I just wanted to get about at least 10-20 hp. I was just curious if I could get a carpendar head and then still use the head if I ever wanted to go turbo. Im about to post another thread though since i im about 75% on getting a turbo now.

YOU'LL BE FINE WITH SOME HEAD WORK, BUT THE TURBO IS WHAT WILL FLOW THE AIR. SAVE YOUR $ AND LEAVE THE HEAD ALONE AND SPEND IT ON A BOOST CONTROLLER. {sorry about the caps.}

Well My concern isnt whether the reworked head would help me if  i went turbo. I just wanted to get about at least 10-20 hp. I was just curious if I could get a carpendar head and then still use the head if I ever wanted to go turbo. Im about to post another thread though since i im about 75% on getting a turbo now.
Never happen will not help with the turbo in all most all kit applications.

Back